Black Excellence: Chicago Woman Buys Her Block

Options
atribecalledgabi
atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
edited November 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
Chicago woman buys her block. Urges others to do the same and stay & rebuild their neighborhoods.

https://youtu.be/Kg9IXF81lIg

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOAT ? .

you want a block gabi?

what block you want?
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    GOAT ? .

you want a block gabi?

what block you want?

It's a nice goal to have...

Slim thug talked about this too
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Infinite GOATS
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    i think i made a post a while back about this.
    i didnt do it....but i had the idea
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Finally someone who can say "get off my block!" and actually mean it.

It's dope too cuz she can literally control the neighborhood by who lives there.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited November 2017
    Options
    depending on the hood and amount of houses on it....a block might run you close to maybe $400-600k
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't wait for some white person to try to move in, get denied, then sue for discrimination.

The Alt Right just found their next rally site.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didnt know that was possible
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't wait for some white person to try to move in, get denied, then sue for discrimination.

They can do that. It would be.
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They would need proof which would be hard if multiple ppl apply

Also she said there were 20+ shootings on that corner...what white ppl with money are gonna move there?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »

They would need proof which would be hard if multiple ppl apply

Also she said there were 20+ shootings on that corner...what white ppl with money are gonna move there?

It's either in Inglewood or Roseland
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    depending on the hood and amount of houses on it....a block might run you close to maybe $400-600k

Thats like 1 house in Cali tho
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good start, but we should probably wait til we see what she does with it before we call it excellence. Building up even a small area isn't easy and this could go very bad very quickly.

But props to her for at least trying.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillest thread of the week
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Applaude this Sista! Get some TRILL MEN who can help regulate the vermen and their neighborhood just might be on the way 2 bouncing back. Chi town blacks R so ghetto minded they'll sabatoge her attempted success.Got fam all over the City and the under 35 attitude 2wards success and progress falls on deaf ears. I like what Ice T said years ago and that was leave the ghetto a barren wasteland! Can't revitalize a carcass by putting organs in it but it is good optics. Good luck Sista!
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »
    Applaude this Sista! Get some TRILL MEN who can help regulate the vermen and their neighborhood just might be on the way 2 bouncing back. Chi town blacks R so ghetto minded they'll sabatoge her attempted success.Got fam all over the City and the under 35 attitude 2wards success and progress falls on deaf ears. I like what Ice T said years ago and that was leave the ghetto a barren wasteland! Can't revitalize a carcass by putting organs in it but it is good optics. Good luck Sista!

But don't white people revitalize them carcasses all the time with gentrification?
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »

? . Let her be great. I been reading your posts due to the influx of your activity and from my observation you a ? ass ? . If that’s your hand in the avi you got hands like Donald Trump.

?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this on MLK blvd or what
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good start, but we should probably wait til we see what she does with it before we call it excellence. Building up even a small area isn't easy and this could go very bad very quickly.

But props to her for at least trying.

It's more so because she's even trying that she's being celebrated in the first place. Nobody is naive enough to not see the risk. Including herself I'm sure. This ? is inspirational.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @Rozetta5tone I know hood mentalities muthfucka and ? u ? ! Shoulda been yo kids at that Sutherland TX church. I hate blacks like u ? ! Just the type I'm talking about ol half a ? ass ? commenting bout another bro. Keep it up ? . U probably stay on the next block. @ghostdog56 could care less bout what CACS do with they ? ! Bring it Muthfuckas, I got all the time in the world 2day. I live 4 the fuckery! C'mon! Let's get it!
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Blacks like me? Really...

Yeah you a ? ass ? . Cheap ass watch and even cheaper input. Another bro? You disrespected every black man within the radius of her property. You obviously have no clue about how the city works. The way you talk about black men don’t ever call me bro, ? . It’s women like her that have the heart to invest so much in her hood that make changes.

Don’t @ me Tom
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall tryna ? each other in this thread

Bodybag!