The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does Wilder always fight that way. Every time I see his highlights, he be throwing crazy haymakers.

he has a great jab straight right hand. if that right lands flush its over. he gets wild after he hurts u... dude is 6'7 wuth long arms
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiverne showed up to get annihilated. Wilder wasnt playing when he said he wanted to ? him lmao
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo someone check Wilders wikipedia pg lol

Someone posted on his intro bio

"He got the nickname Bronze Bomber, similar to Joe Louis, Brown Bomber. He regularly takes nandrolone"
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Damn look at his pops...all in his face and video...disgusting
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Damn look at his pops...all in his face and video...disgusting

i get it theyre close but i have yet to see porter with a woman its always his father.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure why porter dad is,standing up there with him like the ? is preparing for shawn to pass out or something ...but spence gonna have to move up ...because none of the big names,at welter want to fight him smh
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Does Wilder always fight that way. Every time I see his highlights, he be throwing crazy haymakers.

he has a great jab straight right hand. if that right lands flush its over. he gets wild after he hurts u... dude is 6'7 wuth long arms

Yeah maybe its his arm length that makes his flurries look so crazy.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont want to have to come back in here with my ? but imma let yall have it.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8iX2UvvGf0

That Wilder KO got White Larry Holmes Fury back working out...
  • stringer bell
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT2GHYMpEPc

Wilder’s manager exposing Eddie Hearn...
  • stringer bell
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPcxd_0S8Oc

Espinoza says AJPopcorn Muscles has another fight left on his Showtime deal...
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

? out there throwing hands. Joshua gonna ko that wild ?
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure why porter dad is,standing up there with him like the ? is preparing for shawn to pass out or something ...but spence gonna have to move up ...because none of the big names,at welter want to fight him smh

Nah. They can only duck for so long. He got Peterson that’s some solid competition. Thurman gonna happen next year. He just fought Brook. He gonna get some solid fights in
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    JLacey wrote: »

Nah. They can only duck for so long. He got Peterson that’s some solid competition. Thurman gonna happen next year. He just fought Brook. He gonna get some solid fights in

Huh Porter fought Brooks like 3 yrs ago
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JLacey wrote: »

? out there throwing hands. Joshua gonna ko that wild ?

Unless he get caught with that wild ? , which happens more often than not haha
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/wilders-manager-if-vegas-wants-wilder-joshua-itll-there--122171
    Wilder's Manager: If Vegas Wants Wilder-Joshua, It'll Be There
    By Keith Idec

NEW YORK – Deontay Wilder’s handlers aren’t convinced that London’s Wembley Stadium is the right site for a Wilder-Anthony Joshua heavyweight title unification fight.

Eddie Hearn, Joshua’s promoter, has repeatedly stated that Joshua-Wilder should take place there. Joshua’s career-defining stoppage of Wladimir Klitschko on April 29 drew an enormous capacity crowd of roughly 90,000 to Wembley Stadium, approximately 79,000 more fans than attended Wilder’s first-round knockout of Bermane Stiverne on Saturday night at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York (10,924).

“What you do see on TV is more people, but not necessarily more dollars,” Shelly Finkel, Wilder’s manager, said during the post-fight press conference early Sunday morning. “When you go to Vegas, if they want this fight, they can put up more [money] than anywhere.”

As long as he is paid appropriately, Wilder (39-0, 38 KOs), of Tuscaloosa, Alabama, is willing to travel to England to secure his showdown with Joshua (20-0, 20 KOs), the fight Wilder wants most. Wilder would prefer, of course, to make England’s Joshua travel to the United States to determine the heavyweight champion.

“And this is called prizefighting,” said Lou DiBella, who regularly promotes Wilder’s fights. “So the fight should happen where the biggest prize is.”

A Joshua-Wilder heavyweight title unification fight is not expected to be next for either fighter, but Wilder wants it as soon as possible.

“I’ll go anywhere,” Wilder said. “Like I say, my title says the heavyweight champion of the world. And with that being said, I’ll travel anywhere. Anywhere. To be a champion, I feel that you can’t just fight in your country. You can’t just stay temporarily where you are. Or I wouldn’t say temporarily. What he’s trying to do is to stay permanent in the UK, with the things they got going on. That looks good and all that, and stuff like that. But the Mecca and the money will always be in America. Always. Always.”

Hearn visited Las Vegas late in the summer to discuss bringing a Joshua-Klitschko rematch to T-Mobile Arena on November 11.

Klitschko decided to retire, though, thus Joshua made a mandatory defense of his IBF title against Cameroon’s Carlos Takam on October 28 in Cardiff, Wales. That fight, which Joshua won by 10th-round technical knockout, helped draw a capacity crowd of roughly 78,000 to Cardiff’s Principality Stadium.

Joshua, 28, has fought only in England, Wales and Scotland since he turned pro four years ago. Wilder, 32, has fought in Sheffield, England, Cancun, Mexico (twice) and Bayamon, Puerto Rico, since he made his pro debut nine years ago.

“I’ll travel anywhere,” Wilder said. “All I want to do, like I said, is don’t wait, make the date, and Deontay Wilder will be there.”
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/tyson-fury-i-back-2018-year-my-takeover--122164
    Tyson Fury: I am Back, 2018 Will Be The Year of My Takeover

Former unified heavyweight champion Tyson Fury (25-0, 18 KOs) has promised to reclaim all of his world titles in 2018.

Fury has been out of the ring since shocking the world with a twelve round unanimous decision victory over Wladimir Klitschko in November of 2015 in Germany to capture the IBF, WBA, WBO, IBO world titles.

Two planned rematches with Klitschko were postponed and Fury would eventually vacate his titles due to mental health issues and substance abuse.

There is an issue that Fury must overcome, as the drug testing agency UKAD claims the boxer failed a drug test in early 2015.

Two of the bigger matches for Fury are showdowns with current WBC champion Deontay Wilder and IBF, IBO, WBA champion Anthony Joshua.

But Fury's inactivity and his physical shape has created a lot doubt that he'll ever get himself back in position to beat the elite fighters in the division. At the moment Fury is at least 100 pounds overweight.

He promises to once again prove the doubters wrong.

"I went over to Germany and upset all the odds [against Klitschko] and made all the belts become vacant. I gave these guys the opportunity to make money and fight for belts. I don't get any credit for that. I opened up the whole division but it's just criticism all the time," Fury told Sky Sports.

"They doubted me in Germany, they doubted me every single time, I'm sure they are going to doubt me again. Everyone will have me already whooped before I go in there. But I can tell you one thing - 25 times before I was written off. I've been out of the ring for two years now, so that should make it quite even for these other guys to catch up.

"I don't want to come across big headed, I want to come across accurate and straight to the point. I can't wait. I'm really excited and motivated. I am back. 2018 - Tyson takeover."

The ? KingGypsy King is officially off the Larry Holmes diet and coming back in 2018..

aldmuzejqqf0.jpeg

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/tyson-fury-i-back-2018-year-my-takeover--122164
    Tyson Fury: I am Back, 2018 Will Be The Year of My Takeover

Former unified heavyweight champion Tyson Fury (25-0, 18 KOs) has promised to reclaim all of his world titles in 2018.

Fury has been out of the ring since shocking the world with a twelve round unanimous decision victory over Wladimir Klitschko in November of 2015 in Germany to capture the IBF, WBA, WBO, IBO world titles.

Two planned rematches with Klitschko were postponed and Fury would eventually vacate his titles due to mental health issues and substance abuse.

There is an issue that Fury must overcome, as the drug testing agency UKAD claims the boxer failed a drug test in early 2015.

Two of the bigger matches for Fury are showdowns with current WBC champion Deontay Wilder and IBF, IBO, WBA champion Anthony Joshua.

But Fury's inactivity and his physical shape has created a lot doubt that he'll ever get himself back in position to beat the elite fighters in the division. At the moment Fury is at least 100 pounds overweight.

He promises to once again prove the doubters wrong.

"I went over to Germany and upset all the odds [against Klitschko] and made all the belts become vacant. I gave these guys the opportunity to make money and fight for belts. I don't get any credit for that. I opened up the whole division but it's just criticism all the time," Fury told Sky Sports.

"They doubted me in Germany, they doubted me every single time, I'm sure they are going to doubt me again. Everyone will have me already whooped before I go in there. But I can tell you one thing - 25 times before I was written off. I've been out of the ring for two years now, so that should make it quite even for these other guys to catch up.

"I don't want to come across big headed, I want to come across accurate and straight to the point. I can't wait. I'm really excited and motivated. I am back. 2018 - Tyson takeover."

The ? KingGypsy King is officially off the Larry Holmes diet and coming back in 2018..

aldmuzejqqf0.jpeg

Id like to see him fight Ortiz once his suspension is up.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc2ec5vBmic

someone get this ? Broner out of here....buffoon
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc2ec5vBmic

someone get this ? Broner out of here....buffoon

smh, these ? behaviour is embarrassing, SMH
  • R.D.