The OTTB Wrestling News thread

Options

Comments

• silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Max. Where did you hear about the weekend considering bringing back NWO. I didn't see any articles or anything bro
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welcome to TNA folks. Bruh they have stooped to paying people to go to their tapings. Wow!

We are currently hiring PAID background actors for the following:

MUST BE OTTAWA LOCAL.
    NON UNION ONLY.
    NON-SPEAKING ROLE

Filming dates: Tuesday, November 7th - Thursday, November 9th
    Time: 7 PM - 11 PM
    Pay rate: $12.50 / hour for 4 hours work
    ($50.00 per day of work)

Location: Aberdeen Pavilion, 1000 Exhibition Way, Ottawa, ON K1S 5J3

ANYONE 16 years or younger MUST have a parent and/or guardian with them at all times.

50-75 x audience members (per day - Nov 7th to Nov 9th)
    • All Ages
    • Any Ethnicity
    • Bring friends and family!!
    • Applicants can work more than 1 day; so please mention if you are available to be hired for multiple days.
    • Wardrobe: casual clothing - t-shirts, jeans, sweatshirts. Weekend casual.
    • You may be given signs to hold; you are encouraged to look at wrestlers on the website (http://impactwrestling.com/) and make your own signs, that would be very helpful - and you will get more face time on TV!!

You will get to sit in the audience and watch a thrilling night of wrestling provided to you by IMPACT! Each day of filming will be 4 hours long.

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW!
    • Please email smythbooking@gmail.com if you fit the criteria.
    • Please send us:
    • Full name
    • E-mail address
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol i saw that earlier. ? is sad now
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They got enough breads for the that
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Audience members getting paid when the roster ain't
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea man, ? TNA even the referees quittin. Earl Hebner and his son both finally quit that ? . Would be dope to have ole Earl back in the 'E but I doubt that happens.

I feel like WWE does the same thing when it comes to hiring audience members but its not a lot, like just a few here and there

if you pay attention theres this one dude with a goatee and green shirt at every single RAW show. ? never changes his shirt and he always seated in the same spot.

Same thing with the lil girl who would cry on NXT every time Bailey got beat up or cried.. she still there now but shes moved on to doing that ? for Johnny Gargano.
  • VIBE
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    Yea man, ? TNA even the referees quittin. Earl Hebner and his son both finally quit that ? . Would be dope to have ole Earl back in the 'E but I doubt that happens.

I feel like WWE does the same thing when it comes to hiring audience members but its not a lot, like just a few here and there

if you pay attention theres this one dude with a goatee and green shirt at every single RAW show. ? never changes his shirt and he always seated in the same spot.

Same thing with the lil girl who would cry on NXT every time Bailey got beat up or cried.. she still there now but shes moved on to doing that ? for Johnny Gargano.

my son pointed out the green shirt guy.. he has a Twitter super fan smilez.
  • TheBoyRo
    Options
    Earl hebner wouldn’t work in today’s wwe cause of the way he counts to 3. That slow dramatic count from 2 to 3 won’t work in wwe with all the near pin falls for wrestlers kicking out of finishers so often.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

The dude from the Brock super saiyan gif is at damn near every show too wearing the same bootleg Ed Hardy shirt.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »

The dude from the Brock super saiyan gif is at damn near every show too wearing the same bootleg Ed Hardy shirt.

Yea there's a few fans that be at just about every show it feels like...definitely at all the big shows. Ya think they getting paid for that? If so, that's a hell of a job lol
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »

Yea there's a few fans that be at just about every show it feels like...definitely at all the big shows. Ya think they getting paid for that? If so, that's a hell of a job lol

I honestly think they are, I mean some of them MIGHT have the bread to be at those events but honestly who would do that ? without getting tired of it? they gotta be gettin some bread slid their way, cause thats the only way I could ever see myself doin that ? on a regular basis.

Also other promotions have probably done a good job keeping this under wraps but TNA at this point has nothin else lose so they probably just said ? it and decided to put it out there.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options

They’re not getting paid
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options

They’re not getting paid

Yeah those guys are not they just happen to have connections or big wrestling fans with money like the Brockl Lesnar guy always in the corner at the lower entrance. There just isnt any reason for WWE to pay have them there besides the Bayley girl who probably gets free tickets.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So that means... Brock Lesnar vs AJ Styles at SS
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plants are a normal part of the show.
    Fill ins are too.

Paying them though? That's fuckery, right there
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i was really looking forward to Brock vs jinder
  • TheBoyRo
    edited November 2017
    Options
    PWTorch.com is reporting one of the Usos was apparently injured in their tag team match against Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin during tonight’s WWE Smackdown Live TV tapings in Manchester, England.

According to the report, the match ended suddenly as The Usos ended up losing via countout, and the injured Uso was assisted to the back by a referee and his brother.

Several live reports on social media noted Jimmy may have been the injured party, and the injury happened after Gable chopblocked his knee and landed awkwardly on the f

Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/898581-possible-injury-during-tag-team-match-on-tonights-episode-of-wwe-smackdown-live-spoiler#3XkJro9XvVyRp1MR.99
  • VIBE
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »

wbat? nah
    jinder challenged Brock, not AJ. Titles don't matter here.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »

wbat? nah
    jinder challenged Brock, not AJ. Titles don't matter here.

It was always champion vs champion
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    USE SPOILER TAG. IF NOT YOU WILL BE WARNED THEN BANNED.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited November 2017
    Options
    So Aj champ

Back flip out of suplex city
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    RIC FLAIR 30 FOR 30 TONIGHT
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭