Someone answer these questions for me please? (A thread for wondering....)

Options
Mister B.
Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in The Reason
This thread will be for us that are ignorant (in the strictest dictionary definition of "not knowing or aware") for things that happen in hip-hop. If anyone has a question about something here, and someone can put the rest of us on, do it.

So, I have questions.

They start with the Meek/Drake beef.

1) Where did Game even come from? Don't get me wrong, that Meek diss he did was killer, but why even come at Meek at all? Was he a mercenary to this whole thing?

2) If Game dissed Beans so hard on that ? , why did Beans go after Meek with "Good Night", but never after Game?

That's all I got for now. Someone answer that, or if you got questions (legit ones), place them here.....

In b4 you attention ? jack the thread with your silly ? ....

Comments

• yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where the ? is Sauce Money at???
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1). Sean Kingston got robbed. Meek pointed a finger at Game saying there was some sort of connection. That's why he was doing all that rat ? . Had nothing to do with Drake...

2). Bc Beans ghostwrote for DC and then one of them KOed him. I don't think he had beef with Game and they allegedly had a convo and made peace...

Probably working a normal ass job...
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What does Khaled do
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is Fresh still somewhere in Birdman's bushes? How come he's not selling beats anymore?
  • Broddie
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    What does Khaled do

He yells out "WE DA BAST!!!" while playing ? boy anthems in the club.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How do up and coming rappers market and promote themselves? Back in the 80s and 90s you'd make a 12" record and if it made a buzz you'd make a video and send it to BET or MTV. But back then there were less people trying to get in the game. Nowadays it seems like everybody and their mother makes beats and rhymes. The availability of music production software and video production software means anybody can make a song and a video in 48 hours.

So how did people like ASAP Rocky, Joey Badass, Schoolboy Q, Young M.A., etc. separate themselves from everybody else thats trying to make it?
  • Broddie
    edited November 2017
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    How do up and coming rappers market and promote themselves? Back in the 80s and 90s you'd make a 12" record and if it made a buzz you'd make a video and send it to BET or MTV. But back then there were less people trying to get in the game. Nowadays it seems like everybody and their mother makes beats and rhymes. The availability of music production software and video production software means anybody can make a song and a video in 48 hours.

So how did people like ASAP Rocky, Joey Badass, Schoolboy Q, Young M.A., etc. separate themselves from everybody else thats trying to make it?

You just need a really solid soundcould account for the most part to start going viral. Strong content makes you standout in this overcrowded era.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Is Fresh still somewhere in Birdman's bushes? How come he's not selling beats anymore?

Mannie just produced like 1 or 2 tracks on KRIT new album outside of that I dont know what the hell he been doin

• Broddie
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »

Mannie just produced like 1 or 2 tracks on KRIT new album outside of that I dont know what the hell he been doin

Word? Which ones? I just listened to it last night.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    traveling, DJ-ing, doing jam sessions and ? ...having fun

I always see flyers online about Fresh being at this club or that event puttin it down
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »

I always see flyers online about Fresh being at this club or that event puttin it down

Seems like he could charge $5,000-$10,000 to DJ a party
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    idk but yeah, easy

I'd pay 5 for a Fresh party, ?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Mannie prolly just livin man. Them mega Producers was gettin stupid dumb money at one point. They always disappear for awhile.
  • #jpp
    #jpp Members Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Word? Which ones? I just listened to it last night.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KzILf_5MswI
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UC0QPCq4nuw
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I heard him freestylin on satellite radio the other day... he was meh...
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dipset
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    If Little Brother is indeed gone, where is Rapper Big Pooh?

How come Spliff Star's album never dropped?

Is Ma$e back in church? I mean.....he WAS spittin some killah ? not too long ago, right?
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LAST TIME I SEEN SAUCE HE LOOKED BIGGER THAN PUN...
    I REALLY HOPE HE'S TAKING CARE OF HIMSELF...
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »

my ? who promote bring him to CHicago like 2wice a yr to DJ
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats the deal wit J Prince? how come people act like this ? is not to be ? with?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Following. Labels want to see that you have an audience. Anyone can make music, but not everyone builds a dedicated fan base.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats the deal wit J Prince? how come people act like this ? is not to be ? with?

50 ? in houston will beat yo ass on sight for J.

The feds tried to get this ? , ? slid out that ? like a boss.

He basically on a island when it comes to the rap game, alone they let him do whatever he want. But soon as he get outside help, alphabet boys show up in numbers to sabotage everything.

Its like if the rock and stone cold was 1 person, talk that talk and walk that walk