White Gun Shop Owner Refuses To Sell Black Man A Gun

Options

Comments

• ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dam, I printed out the application for a federal firearms license and never followed through on it. I guess I need to because these crackers are violating our rights to bear arms
  • Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Cinco wrote: »
    ? the cac
    Take your $ somewhere else

You've just opened a can of worms.

Elijah Muhammad said we need to open our own businesses and keep our money within the community.

Therefore, Black people need to open our own gun stores.

I wonder what would happen if Black people started opening gun stores in White communities?
    Yea. They need to Be prepared to face resistance. Have a good biz plan.
    I wouldn't target specifically a white area but the community would be important.
    There's only a handful of licensed black owned gun dealers in US
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NAAGA.org read about them and become a member.
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Buy online have it shipped to a gun store pick it up from there after providing your foid and permit
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    almost happened to me at a gun show one time

me & my homie was only 2 of a few black folks outta hundreds (& we're young w/ locs to boot)

so I'm lookin for another glock, we found a booth from a dealership w/ a nice selection

had my eyes on this g23, asked dude bout it & his face said it all, didn't think I had $500 for it

til I pulled that cho out to show him I mean business, his tune changed & he boxed that ? up quick lol
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Buy online have it shipped to a gun store pick it up from there after providing your foid and permit

That's exactly what I did.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the cac

You've just opened a can of worms.

Elijah Muhammad said we need to open our own businesses and keep our money within the community.

Therefore, Black people need to open our own gun stores.

I wonder what would happen if Black people started opening gun stores in White communities?

This happened in my state. This was in Richmond, VA.

Now the good news, there IS black owned gun store in VA. Beach (Hampton Roads aka 7 Cities.)
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Dam, I printed out the application for a federal firearms license and never followed through on it. I guess I need to because these crackers are violating our rights to bear arms

this what they gonna do goin forward... go to black owned ? and gun shops
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yep. I talked about this in the gun thread.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @babelipsss U the only one that got it right. That's a violation of that man's 2nd amendment rights. This Y we losing not knowing facts and worried bout other ? . Sue first! Glad he taped it. Lawyer up now and it's gonna be many more CACS doing this. Sue they ass and make em play fair.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    ? the cac
    This. ? reasoning with a ? that's denying your money. This has been our biggest problem in society when its easier to go somewhere where you can be served. ? them.

Cosign.

The biggest mistake in the civil rights movement was the Montgomery Bus Boycott. After Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat the Black community started a taxi service to circumvent public transportation. It worked so week that the public transportation system lost money so they had to let Black people sit in the front, or wherever they wanted.

But when the boycott was over they started riding the white owned busses again. What they should have done is continued the taxi service and kept the money within the community.
    Exactly. Bus boycotts, sit-in, education. I wonder where we would be now had we shifted focus into our own community resources instead of looking for white inclusion and acceptance.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rickmogul wrote: »
    @babelipsss U the only one that got it right. That's a violation of that man's 2nd amendment rights. This Y we losing not knowing facts and worried bout other ? . Sue first! Glad he taped it. Lawyer up now and it's gonna be many more CACS doing this. Sue they ass and make em play fair.

the bolded may not be true

FFL holders have an obligation to refuse to sell a firearm to anyone that they feel uncomfortable selling to

ya'll can't have it both ways when constantly complaining about gun control

the video doesn't show what he tried to purchase and when the old ? decided to refuse to sell

there could've be a whole exchange before he started taping

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    ? the cac
    This. ? reasoning with a ? that's denying your money. This has been our biggest problem in society when its easier to go somewhere where you can be served. ? them.

Cosign.

The biggest mistake in the civil rights movement was the Montgomery Bus Boycott. After Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat the Black community started a taxi service to circumvent public transportation. It worked so week that the public transportation system lost money so they had to let Black people sit in the front, or wherever they wanted.

But when the boycott was over they started riding the white owned busses again. What they should have done is continued the taxi service and kept the money within the community.
    Exactly. Bus boycotts, sit-in, education. I wonder where we would be now had we shifted focus into our own community resources instead of looking for white inclusion and acceptance.

I wish more people who thought like you were around back then.

I'm a black latino and sometimes I get tight when I patronize places in my community (dominican neighborhood) and see African Americans mistreated and turned away like they're not our cousins.

At the same time the people who do patronize these places are latino and keep their money in latino businesses instead of going to jump off at a white owned spot. Even when they do go downtown. Though they generally party and eat in their own hoods before anywhere else.

Same thing with the owners. Dominican immigrants who when they got here decided to create and stick to their own ecosystem instead of playing in the white man's. They put up all sorts of lounges, supermarkets, laundry spots, retaurants, barbershops and even when there is franchising from white companies like cashier spots or mcdonald's those are also dominican owned.

AA's need to wake up. Ya should've BEEN on that grind long ago. ? that kumbaya inclusivity BS. The African American in this country must exercise much more exclusivity. Especially in these Trump years where everyone else is clearly showing their true face.
  • Broddie
    edited November 2017
    Options

It's dope that that even exists. I have a cousin out in TX who always complains that blacks don't do enough to unite and strap up in this country. Gonna send him the link.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    ? the cac

Cosign.

I'm a black latino and sometimes I get tight when I patronize places in my community (dominican neighborhood) and see African Americans mistreated and turned away like they're not our cousins.

At the same time the people who do patronize these places are latino and keep their money in latino businesses instead of going to jump off at a white owned spot. Even when they do go downtown. Though they generally party and eat in their own hoods before anywhere else.

Same thing with the owners. Dominican immigrants who when they got here decided to create and stick to their own ecosystem instead of playing in the white man's. They put up all sorts of lounges, supermarkets, laundry spots, retaurants, barbershops and even when there is franchising from white companies like cashier spots or mcdonald's those are also dominican owned.

AA's need to wake up. Ya should've BEEN on that grind long ago. ? that kumbaya inclusivity BS. The African American in this country must exercise much more exclusivity. Especially in these Trump years where everyone else is clearly showing their true face.

Actually it's more complicated than that.

First of all, immigrant's by their very nature, have more ambition than Americans who are citizens via jus soli (a person who receives American citizenship by virtue of being born in the United States). It doesn't matter where they are from, just the fact that they packed their bags and came to America for better opportunity means they have more ambition than me or you.

Second of all, the process of owning a business is easier for immigrants. There's less paperwork. A person from the Dominican Republic (or wherever) has an easier time opening a bodega or a deli. Maybe its because they are willing to work 16 hours a day in a deli, while your typical American doesn't even want to work an 8 hour shift in a deli.

The difference is that in The Dominican Republic, there's so little opportunity that its perfectly logical to migrate to the U.S. and work 16 hours per day, African-Americans on the other hand are born here so we don't feel like we should have to work 16 hours a day, just to get on equal footing with the white man.

Part of the problem is a sense of entitlement. African Americans feel like after all we've been through we should already be in the middle class. Jamaicans, Haitians, Dominicans, Mexicans, etc. don't have that sense of entitlement because they weren't born here.

Thats my opinion.
  • Broddie
    edited November 2017
    Options
    The way I've seen it anybody who opens their own business regardless of race or national status has always been determined to put in the most hours at their business.

That just seems like another excuse. Enough with excuses. This is the best era to actually take chances and risks. It's the information age anyone can get the education and formulate a valid plan.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The way I've seen it anybody who opens their own business regardless of race or national status has always been determined to put in the most hours at their business.

That just seems like another excuse. Enough with excuses. This is the best era to actually take chances and risks. It's the information age anyone can get the education and formulate a valid plan.

What I'm saying is that there's less paperwork for immigrant's to open businesses. Its easier for an immigrant to get a license to sell food, fruits and tobacco than somebody who was born here.

According to this site, immigrants can get interest free loans from their native country

https://www.datalounge.com/thread/10173892-foreigners-starting-businesses
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the cac

Cosign.

There were plenty of people who thought the same way, they were just targeted and eliminated or labeled as "crazy" or some ? . This is where riots and ? and ? came in when knowledge of self started being more common and the threat of a group taking over came in. I don't think a lot of us ever wanted to be included, it was just the least-stressful option opposed to the alternative on to of the usual ? . But it has been way more damaging and everything else going on has only made it worse. But we'll get it together eventually, its all about breaking through, its been done before.
  • Broddie
    Options

What I'm saying is that there's less paperwork for immigrant's to open businesses. Its easier for an immigrant to get a license to sell food, fruits and tobacco than somebody who was born here.

According to this site, immigrants can get interest free loans from their native country

https://www.datalounge.com/thread/10173892-foreigners-starting-businesses

That never stopped Americans from trying and succeeding though. Including many African Americans. In this recovering but still ? economy that is encouraging people to create their own jobs especially saying "I can't" isn't really an option anymore. Besides anybody who says that to themselves long enough will always believe it but it doesn't make it true.