The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Social Media Reactions from Critics Embargo lifts today at noon EST. Full Reviews still embargoed for Wednesday obviously if social media reaction are good..then they will lift it earlier. There is/was another press/critic screening today.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Critics share ‘Justice League’ reactions, and they’re mixed
    BY CHRIS BEGLEY ON NOVEMBER 10, 2017 | @BATMANNEWSCOM

Last week select members of the press got to see Justice League for the very first time. While they aren’t able to publish their full reviews just yet, they did get the green light from Warner Bros. today to share their initial thoughts about the movie on social media.

Take a look below at the first reactions to Justice League. They’re mixed. The overall consensus seems to be they got some things right and some things wrong.
    Sean Gerber @MrSeanGerber

#JusticeLeague is a fun blockbuster that is entertaining enough to overcome its flaws. The team works well together to deliver more than a few spectacular superhero moments worth seeing on the big screen.
    Maybe not quite what some hoped, but definitely not what many feared.
    12:00 PM - Nov 10, 2017
    3 3 Replies 148 148 Retweets 202 202 likes
    Paul Shirey ✔@arcticninjapaul

#JusticeLeague is a fun, bumpy ride that succeeds in character, but fails in narrative. It’s a mixed bag of execution that’s saved by the actors, who rise above the shortcomings to deliver an engaging, funny and hopeful, yet flawed, entry to the DCEU. @joblocom
    11:59 AM - Nov 10, 2017
    9 9 Replies 223 223 Retweets 288 288 likes
    Peter Sciretta ✔@slashfilm

Justice League is better than expected, but not a home run. The interaction between the team is a lot of fun. The film sends the DCEU in a hopeful direction in line with where the brand should be headed. Flash and Aquaman steal the show. Cyborg and villain are the weak links.
    14 14 Replies 227 227 Retweets 268 268 likes
    Steven Weintraub ✔@colliderfrosty

People that have complained about DC movies being too dark are about to see the light #JusticeLeague
    4 4 Replies 147 147 Retweets 256 256 likes
    Brandon Davis ✔@BrandonDavisBD

Justice League is not a perfect movie. It has story "flaws" and a simple, CGI villain.
    BUT, more importantly, it gets the heroes right. Every member of the League is fantastic and it's tough to choose a favorite.
    It's a ton a fun, start to finish.
    12:00 PM - Nov 10, 2017 · Nashville, TN
    12 12 Replies 370 370 Retweets 489 489 likes
    Chris Sylvia @sylvioso

#JusticeLeague is a blast from start to finish. Pure visual comic book fun
    2 2 Replies 229 229 Retweets 314 314 likes
    Jenna Busch ✔@JennaBusch

I saw #JusticeLeague! Here’s what I thought. There are ton of things I’d change but it comes down to this: I had a blast! I got to see the team together and I had fun watching it. Ezra Miller steals the movie and #WonderWoman was perfect!
    2 2 Replies 138 138 Retweets 181 181 likes
    Nate Brail @NateBrail

Justice League is the DC team up you've been waiting for. I had so much fun from beginning to end. The expansion of DC mythology will make fans go nuts. Superman though!
    3 3 Replies 160 160 Retweets 214 214 likes
    Jim Vejvoda ✔@JimVejvod

Here are some of my thoughts on #JusticeLeague
    2 2 Replies 71 71 Retweets 100 100 likes
    10m
    Kevin McCarthy ✔ @KevinMcCarthyTV

Bottom line: JUSTICE LEAGUE is awesome!

ZACK SNYDER’s film is filled with so many moments that had me geeking out and crying nerd tears. When an action scene/hero moment hits, the film is firing on all cylinders.
    Still love Affleck’s BATMAN. My fav Batman actor since Keaton. pic.twitter.com/YKZTbVJL7D
    Kevin McCarthy ✔@KevinMcCarthyTV

As with BvS, I did have certain issues but they weren’t big enough to ruin my overall experience. I’ll expand more when I do my full review.
    Loved EZRA MILLER and JASON MOMOA.
    I love that each character has equally amazing hero moments. Well-balanced. Simple. Fun. pic.twitter.com/ahOaLhrh6x
    2 2 Replies 98 98 Retweets 148 148 likes
    Conner Schwerdtfeger @ConnerWS

#JusticeLeague is clunky & uneven as hell, but it also gets the characters right and has a lot of fun along the way. When it’s over DC’s vision for these heroes going forward will make sense.
    It’s a very small but very vital step forward. I dug it.
    12:00 PM - Nov 10, 2017 · Los Angeles, CA
    Albert Ching ✔@albertxii

so I saw Justice League a week and a half ago. it’s enjoyable and fun! people who thought Man of Steel and BvS were too much of a ? (this very much includes myself) can feel relieved this is not like that at all.
    8 8 Replies 63 63 Retweets 151 151 likes
    Rob Keyes ✔ @rob_keyes

The good: #JusticeLeague is my favorite DCEU movie. It will make you love its heroes and want to see them team-up again. pic.twitter.com/mU2khvwUPD
    Rob Keyes ✔@rob_keye

The bad: #JusticeLeague rushes through a lot and its main story/lore and villain are rather stripped down and forgettable.
    12:03 PM - Nov 10, 2017 · Guelph, Ontario
    14 14 Replies 125 125 Retweets 176 176 likes
    Haleigh Foutch ✔@HaleighFoutch

#JusticeLeague is solid entertainment despite some problems. They pulled off a strange alchemy that works better than it should. The story is lacking, but the League is great and it’s a blast to watch them in action together. Wonder Woman is clutch, obvi.
    12:06 PM - Nov 10, 2017
    4 4 Replies 160 160 Retweets 336 336 likes

Justice League is better than expected, but not a home run. The interaction between the team is a lot of fun. The film sends the DCEU in a hopeful direction in line with where the brand should be headed. Flash and Aquaman steal the show. Cyborg and villain are the weak links.
    44 44 Replies 596 596 Retweets 892 892 likes

Justice League is not a perfect movie. It has story "flaws" and a simple, CGI villain.
    BUT, more importantly, it gets the heroes right. Every member of the League is fantastic and it's tough to choose a favorite.
    33 33 Replies 901 901 Retweets 1,359 1,359 likes
    Jenna Busch ✔@JennaBusch

I saw #JusticeLeague! Here’s what I thought. There are ton of things I’d change but it comes down to this: I had a blast! I got to see the team together and I had fun watching it. Ezra Miller steals the movie and #WonderWoman was perfect!
    15 15 Replies 360 360 Retweets 587 587 likes
    Angie J. Han ✔@ajhan

#JusticeLeague is fine. It's more coherent & less idiosyncratic than Batman v Superman (which I loved, so make of that what you will), and tries very hard to lighten up on the gloom & doom of the DC universe. There are jokes and everything!
    12:01 PM - Nov 10, 2017
    12 12 Replies 140 140 Retweets 257 257 likes
    ErikDavis ✔@ErikDavis

#JusticeLeague is better than BvS and #SuicideSquad - it's lean, mean & packed w/ superhero action. I dug most of its lighter moments & I think it has one of the best action sequences ever in a DCEU movie. And of course Wonder Woman steals the show.
    Nate Brail @NateBrail

Here it goes … #JusticeLeague is super thin and has some very weak CG but it’s got heart and a positive vibe that works. Overall, I had a pretty good time and am looking forward to seeing more of these characters.
    63 63 Replies 333 333 Retweets 813 813 likes
    Terri Schwartz ✔@Terri_Schwartz

I am genuinely happy to report #JusticeLeague is a lot of fun. It's not perfect and has its problems, but does the job of making you care about these characters as a team by its end. It's also VERY funny, in lots of unexpected ways.
    12:05 PM - Nov 10, 2017
    37 37 Replies 465 465 Retweets 794 794 likes
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ign prolly gonna give it 7.5
  • nujerz84
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Agrv2385 wrote: »
    Critics share ‘Justice League’ reactions, and they’re mixed
    BY CHRIS BEGLEY ON NOVEMBER 10, 2017 | @BATMANNEWSCOM

Last week select members of the press got to see Justice League for the very first time. While they aren’t able to publish their full reviews just yet, they did get the green light from Warner Bros. today to share their initial thoughts about the movie on social media.

Take a look below at the first reactions to Justice League. They’re mixed. The overall consensus seems to be they got some things right and some things wrong.

Sean Gerber @MrSeanGerber
    #JusticeLeague is a fun blockbuster that is entertaining enough to overcome its flaws. The team works well together to deliver more than a few spectacular superhero moments worth seeing on the big screen.

Maybe not quite what some hoped, but definitely not what many feared.
    3 3 Replies 148 148 Retweets 202 202 likes

Paul Shirey ✔@arcticninjapaul
    #JusticeLeague is a fun, bumpy ride that succeeds in character, but fails in narrative. It’s a mixed bag of execution that’s saved by the actors, who rise above the shortcomings to deliver an engaging, funny and hopeful, yet flawed, entry to the DCEU. @joblocom
    9 9 Replies 223 223 Retweets 288 288 likes

14 14 Replies 227 227 Retweets 268 268 likes

Steven Weintraub ✔@colliderfrosty
    People that have complained about DC movies being too dark are about to see the light #JusticeLeague
    4 4 Replies 147 147 Retweets 256 256 likes

12 12 Replies 370 370 Retweets 489 489 likes

Chris Sylvia @sylvioso
    #JusticeLeague is a blast from start to finish. Pure visual comic book fun
    2 2 Replies 229 229 Retweets 314 314 likes

Jenna Busch ✔@JennaBusch
    2 2 Replies 138 138 Retweets 181 181 likes

Nate Brail @NateBrail
    Justice League is the DC team up you've been waiting for. I had so much fun from beginning to end. The expansion of DC mythology will make fans go nuts. Superman though!
    3 3 Replies 160 160 Retweets 214 214 likes

Jim Vejvoda ✔@JimVejvoda
    Here are some of my thoughts on #JusticeLeague
    2 2 Replies 71 71 Retweets 100 100 likes

10m
    Kevin McCarthy ✔ @KevinMcCarthyTV
    Bottom line: JUSTICE LEAGUE is awesome!

ZACK SNYDER’s film is filled with so many moments that had me geeking out and crying nerd tears. When an action scene/hero moment hits, the film is firing on all cylinders.

Still love Affleck’s BATMAN. My fav Batman actor since Keaton. pic.twitter.com/YKZTbVJL7D
    Kevin McCarthy ✔@KevinMcCarthyTV
    As with BvS, I did have certain issues but they weren’t big enough to ruin my overall experience. I’ll expand more when I do my full review.

Loved EZRA MILLER and JASON MOMOA.

I love that each character has equally amazing hero moments. Well-balanced. Simple. Fun. pic.twitter.com/ahOaLhrh6x

2 2 Replies 98 98 Retweets 148 148 likes

Conner Schwerdtfeger @ConnerWS
    #JusticeLeague is clunky & uneven as hell, but it also gets the characters right and has a lot of fun along the way. When it’s over DC’s vision for these heroes going forward will make sense.

It’s a very small but very vital step forward. I dug it.
    12:00 PM - Nov 10, 2017 · Los Angeles, CA

Imo these doesn’t look “mixed” i say majority if not all are positive if the rest are like this then it will get decent RT score (since so many care about that “sarcasm”)
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    The full soundtrack is actually out online too. But i want to wait until after i see the movie to listen. Dont want the epic moments ruined for me. DC always has the best soundtracks though. BVS score was amazing, lexs theme was better than his performance and of course that moment the wonder woman theme first came on.....thats a movie moment ill never forget, perfect.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Supposedly you have 2 post/mid credit scenes
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

smh why? Leave that ? to Marvel.
  • Broddie
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Sounds like The Avengers. Basic narrative and one dimensional villainy countered with colorful heroes and their interactions with each other. *sigh*

One day we'll get a pretty truly mindblowing superhero team up I'm sure. Maybe Infinity War?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reports saying WB cut the theatrical version too to about 2 hours. More than likely will receive a directors cut of the film when it's released on blu ray
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Sounds like The Avengers. Basic narrative and one dimensional villainy countered with colorful heroes and their interactions with each other. *sigh*

One day we'll get a pretty truly mindblowing superhero team up I'm sure. Maybe Infinity War?

don't say "we'll" coz some of us like Avengers, Civil War, Guardians etc....

will judge justice league for myself don't care about these other ?
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Reports saying WB cut the theatrical version too to about 2 hours. More than likely will receive a directors cut of the film when it's released on blu ray

I'm not sure if it's just wb, I remember a while back zack saying he wanted a shorter movie than BVS....but I could be wrong. I just hope it's not a clear quality difference as it was with bvs...where the theater version was good(IMO) but the ultimate edition is like 100 times better
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    nujerz84 wrote: »

smh why? Leave that ? to Marvel.

Suicide Squad Had One and DVD/Blu Ray of WW had one too.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ? is perfect than, the justice league rebirth comics have been the same...great to see the team together but the story and villain(s) are nothing to write home about lol.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cant ? wait!

one week brehs one week
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Was able to get tickets to Justice League Fan Screening on Monday night hopefully get there in time cause of work bs and traffic
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Could Zod return in Flashpoint?
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Lol gal gadot is saying she will not return to wonder woman if brett ratner is involved. Ratners company is one of the investors/production companies that have been involved in all the dc movies so far.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Yes remove all the weak links.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WB already cut off ratpac
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Got Wednesday ticket for JL
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got my tickets for Friday. Issa WRAP!!
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Damn didnt know The Flash actor Ezra Miller came out the closet.
    D9e9f6D.gif
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Yeah he's been out for awhile. When he was starting out he would do interviews saying he's been with dudes and chicks. As long as he keeps ? out of the mind of Barry Allen then he's cool.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL at this cat Jared Leto winning an MTV European award with his rock band 30 Seconds To Mars...