The Lyrics To The Original Ether That Nas Had To Edit

Options
Busta Carmichael
Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
edited November 2017 in The Reason
Apparently the original version of “Ether” made by Nas, was much more agressive and harsher than the one we have all heard. And obviously it has even better lines than the original.

Because Colombia asked him up to 3 times to edit the songs, that is probably the big reason why in certain points of Ether sounds like Nas is filling in spaces with saying things like “? a fella” and “? -Z”. I don’t know first hand but this all makes sense because it seems that he was replacing those words with something he had to take out.

And Colombia is probably the reason why people who think “Takeover” is better, constantly bring up the “? ” and “? ” lines that Nas slightly over did it with to make it seem like he lost the battle.

Anyway here is an interview from Fat Joe before Ether was released in 2001 addressing lyrics that were cut from the original song:

AHH: One thing that just came up today, Nas apparently has a response to Jay Z’s “The Takeover” on his upcoming album, which implicates you and Pun and includes the lyrics: “Call yourself gangsta but you were begging for pardon that night in Carbon when Terror Squad flipped on your squadron tried to front on their checks till Pun put a gun to your chest.”

Fat Joe: We gotta hear it but damn, what a way to put me right in the middle of the beef huh? We don’t comment on that, that’s old news. Like I said all the negative energy all that sht you can throw that out the window.
Nas is crazy. No question that we are allies with Nas Escobar. We love Nas. I almost named my son after Nas. As far as him and Jay Z with the beef: that’s they stuff. Until somebody tries to involve me in that sht, that’s it. I ain’t got no problem with the whole Rocafella. It’s well documented. Everybody keeps trying to get me to talk about that sh*t in every interview. Why don’t they ask Jay Z that stuff? I read his interveiws, nobody asks him. If you interview him, ask him

Verse 1:

So you call yourself ? mc… J-hova\
? the glass of blasphemy & forgot to pray over\
your games over\ crossed the warpath of a brave soldier\
youre a makeover\ my protege trying to takeover\
I was the sheperd that led you\ But you bit the hand that fed you\
mad cause since I met you i never did respect you\

and as hard as it seems\ you know that I fathered your dreams\
you was a groupie always begging to be part of my team\ another case of a boy and his teacher\
I was the first to poison your speakers\ so ? all that noise that your preaching\
I understand\ all your plans to underhand\ aired threats of you pullin my card next summerjam\
let me make this clear hova\
You had my left overs\ she told me your little problem of the day when you slept over\
but thats another subject ? \ ***** you phony\

Im coming to collect the debt from the years that you owe me\
so what you capitlized... only cause i allowed\
Im taking aim at your dome\ and reclaiming my throne\
“Who said I that i aint still nasty”

Verse 2:

How you planned on facing\ the half man half-amazing\
Dont need a fam, Nas is a one man invasion\ claim you hot but you flopped with your roc-familia\ cause real recognize real and youre not familiar\
call yourself gansta but you were begging for pardon\
that night in carbon\ when terror squad flipped on your squadron\

Tried to front on their checks\ till pun put a gun to your chest\
YOu said it yourself dog, Nas is one of the best\
Dont need to search for some dirt to expose you\ I leave it up to the flow dispose you\ when i oppose you\

This is it Im calling ya\ come out and play like “warriors”\
studied my blueprint then pieced together your formula\
Guess the knowledge I speak too deep to follow\

that`s why your stomach to weak to swallow\ The real truth
that Nas is\ the greates of all timers\
f*ck skeletons, keep only weaponry in my closets

Comments

• SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Where did you get this from?

Edited to add: this is not an edit of some lines, this is a completely different song. If anything the only thing he'd have to take out is the pun line, but pun was already dead so its not like he'd care if this was known....
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • HK365
    HK365 Members Posts: 106 ✭✭
    Options
    I can’t get jiggy wid thees sheet.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    @5 grand

It's in the vault along with the Jay response to hit em up.

I actually think he should've dropped it on a mixtape after Jay did superugly
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is legit. These are the lyrics to etheral/ether2. Ironically these lyrics came out before Ether 1 on a cover to a king smij tape back in october/nov 2001.

People thought it was fake in 01 until "nas" posted up the same lyrics along with lost verses to black zombies, youre da man and black girl lost. There is another Jay Z diss called winchester NY or winchester 01

A while back there was a thread asking when was official release date of ether. I know in my heart ether dropped after thanksgiving holidays 2001 way before dec 4.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If those were the original lines, I don't see anything in there that would make Columbia make Nas change it. Unless they was on some "it's not hard (nh) enough". Cuz the final Ether had way more quotables then that.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    This is legit. These are the lyrics to etheral/ether2. Ironically these lyrics came out before Ether 1 on a cover to a king smij tape back in october/nov 2001.

People thought it was fake in 01 until "nas" posted up the same lyrics along with lost verses to black zombies, youre da man and black girl lost. There is another Jay Z diss called winchester NY or winchester 01

A while back there was a thread asking when was official release date of ether. I know in my heart ether dropped after thanksgiving holidays 2001 way before dec 4.

Tell'em

m3fj5fne6q9s.gif
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    If those were the original lines, I don't see anything in there that would make Columbia make Nas change it. Unless they was on some "it's not hard (nh) enough". Cuz the final Ether had way more quotables then that.

Prolly the Pun line and I'm sure there's a third verse
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

All facts I’m happy I’m not the only one who remembers this, I remember reading the lyrics on the cover of a mixtape just forgot the name of the tape and I also remember hearing another diss track I think on a mixtape with all unreleased Nas tracks or freestyles I remember this kid showing it to me but I was never able to find it on the internet myself, for the record there was a track out there with Prodigy over firm fiasco subliminally going at Nas and throwing shots at the end, everyone thinks Nas was referring to Thun n Kicko on destroy and rebuild but I think he was talking about this track and I still can’t find it
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is Nas's original response to Takeover

The General - Nas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bCz8nLuQ34

This is Jay's diss to Tupac that got pulled after Pac died

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3g25n0mIzo
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    They were playing the general on the radio when it first dropped and there was a remix, that Winchester track he’s talking about I’ve heard it but for whatever reason didn’t go widespread over the internet like you would think now I can’t find it
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? remwbwr hhg gotdamn. Bet ? don't remember the rocafella site with all those unrelease Roc songs and versions. Had that Murda Marcyville verse from Jay dissing Nas. Bunch of other ? .
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TAKING ME BACK TO THOSE STREET WARS TAPES.
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its fake. it first appeared in the nas bbs forums which i posted in. Then the wu tang forums, then rapnetwork e.t.c...

to confirm its fake get a hold of vampire xtc. he was the admin of nas bbs. he post on thecoli now. He knows the forum member who created it
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    @tompetrez3 I trust you on this answer.... does the styles p aaliyah line exist?
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Here's another photo of the track listing. Its difficult to get it to come in clear. I wish I had a scanner

z0yunl7rmbke.jpg
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    @5 grand put them in your computer and Windows media player will ask you to rip the CD files to the computer.

Then create a soundcloud and upload them there
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    @5 grand put them in your computer and Windows media player will ask you to rip the CD files to the computer.

Then create a soundcloud and upload them there

Alright, it might take a while

I'm not sure if my Soundcloud has that much space but I'll give it a try.
  • 5 Grand
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Apparently somebody already uploaded it to Soundcloud

But they didn't separate the tracks. I'm uploading it now, I think when I'm done the tracks will be separated.

Tracklisting

1. You Don't Know - Jay Z
    2. Here We Go Again - Jadakiss feat DMX
    3. Kiss The Game Goodbye Freestyle - Beanie Sigel
    4. Interlude - Jay Z
    5. Do I Do - Ja Rule feat Case
    6. Get Lo - Memphis Bleek & Geda
    7. Mack ? - Rell feat Young Guns
    8. International Player - Freeway
    9. Worst Enemy - Nas
    10. Get Down (Remix) - Beaie Sigel feat Freeway, Sparks & Young Guns
    11. The Real Me - Jadakiss
    12. If That's My Baby (Remix) - Rell feat Beanie Sigel & Freeway
    13. Run Yo ? - Foxy Brown feat CNN
    14. Interlude - Dame Dash
    15. Freestyle - Coke
    16. Freestyle - Bathgate
    17. He's Back - Keith Murray
    18. Where's The Party At - (Remix) Jagged Edge feat Jermaine Dupri, Da Brat, Lil Bow Wow, Nelly, R.O.C. & Tigah
    19. Let's Get It (Remix) - P. Diddy feat Kain, Mark Curry & Loon
    20. Everything's Everything (Remix) - AZ feat Nas & Joe
    21. Jump Up - Da Ranjahz
    22. Live My Lifestyle - Fat Joe
    23. Freestyle - Joe Buddens
    24. Freestyle - Calico
    25. Freestyle - May West
    26. My Soul For ? - Live Luch