Eminem 8th studio album "Revival" 12/15/17

Options

Comments

• Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    30 Seconds to Mars Walk on Water >>> Em's. And Beyoncé killed that ? . His lyrics were ok, but the track is just... Iono... It's missing that "je ne sais quoi".

I've just accepted the fact that I've outgrown Em's music.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im afraid to press play lol
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so there already a song that dropped called thirty seconds to mars - Walk On Water lol

thanks for the info, I'll use it in my ether diss to em.

"jared leto already made a song called walk on water"
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    oh and bet shadyteam is upset they didn't let em sing
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm surprised shadyteam didn't create a new profile yet
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She's like Candyman. Don't say her name.
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    OneDay wrote: »
    His manager Paul Rosenberg said Revival is going to be a fully introspective deep album where every song on the album is introspective and conscious. Which will be a first because even his 2 introspective albums The Eminem Show And Recovery had tracks like Business, Without Me, My Dad's Gone Crazy, Cold Wind Blows, On Fire, W.T.P, No Love

This the first album where every track will be deep intstrospective. There will be political songs like his past political songs We As Americans, Mosh, Square Dance, White America. But there will only be a few political songs the whole album isn't gonna be political. But every song on the album will be deep and personal/emotional/serious. According to his manager

Features are gonna be from 50 Cent, Travis Scott, 2 Chainz on verses

There will be no features on hooks from singers on this album like there has been on half of Recovery and half The MMLP 2. On this album Eminem will be singing the hook on every song on the album like he used to prior to Recovery. There will be a lot of singing from him outside hooks too on verses

There will be some production by Dr Dre and Eminem doing most the production but it will have a trap sound and style maybe not trap as in all out trap but it will have banger type production. Almost trap production if not all out trap production

There will be no choppy and fast flow at all on the album like he has been using since Relapse mainly on his feature verses, Hell The Sequal and Relapse but also on certain tracks on Recovery and The MMLP 2. He will go back to his original slow and melodic flow on the entire album that he used from 1999 - 2005 prior to Relapse

By the way Recovery also hit the charts again

https://twitter.com/search?q=Eminem recovery &src=typd&lang=en

First single and video for the album is gonna be coming anytime soon

Well you were already wrong about Em doing all the hooks.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rick robin produced the song
    i can’t believe so many talented parties produced that garbage

WOW :#
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didnt think it was possible to waste a beyonce feature. Yet, here we are...
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm checking for it regardless. I expect it to be on the level of 4:44 where you listen to it a few times and then move on.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    270crownst wrote: »
    It ain't bad..and the funny thing is,on this song..he acknowledged what hiphop fans are saying about his flow,delivery,shouting and etc..i know Marshall gotta check allhiphop forums on the low

• DarthRozay
    Options
    anduin wrote: »
    I'm checking for it regardless. I expect it to be on the level of 4:44 where you listen to it a few times and then move on.

thats an insult to jayz bruv
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    As far as this possibly not being on the album, I'm not sure they leave a Beyonce feature off it. Like the sound of it, but did not necessarily like the song of that makes sense

? , he had a song with Alicia Keys during Recovery season that ? on that entire album... and that was left off.

https://youtu.be/5bqqnHdw34Y

This. Did not. Make. The album. With the ? Night at the Roxbury sample.

Never heard this...pretty good song
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what the ? was that ? @Busta Carmichael you hurt this man's feelings
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol... for what it is supposed to be, it’s ok. There is no beat, this isn’t aimed at hip hop heads but will be a pop single...

Almost like he is hoping for Xmas no.1.

I ain’t never cape for Em, but I see what this was supposed to be.

• water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was ready to hate, especially after seeing some of the comments but TBH I think its kinda dope... Maybe not much repeat value but still, I kinda like it...

Beyonce did her thing, I think she really killed it and Em wasnt screaming and was actually addressing matters with some clever delivery too... I also liked the big up of 'Nas, Rakim, Pac, BIG, James Todd Smith and Prince'...

Although saying that I hope the whole album isnt like this, I wouldnt be mad if its a more grown up album like '4:44' style album, but what personal stuff does he have to talk about that he hasnt already addressed??? I dont wanna hear about his mother or pill popping again but maybe theres some stuff we dont know about that he can talk about, but personally I prefer the 'Saying Goodbye to Hollywood' style of grown up Em...
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As far as this possibly not being on the album, I'm not sure they leave a Beyonce feature off it. Like the sound of it, but did not necessarily like the song of that makes sense

? , he had a song with Alicia Keys during Recovery season that ? on that entire album... and that was left off.

https://youtu.be/5bqqnHdw34Y

This. Did not. Make. The album. With the ? Night at the Roxbury sample.

I havnt heard this before, that was actually dope and I didnt like 'Recovery'... I think 50 ran with that flow/style for abit...
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    I was ready to hate, especially after seeing some of the comments but TBH I think its kinda dope... Maybe not much repeat value but still, I kinda like it...

Beyonce did her thing, I think she really killed it and Em wasnt screaming and was actually addressing matters with some clever delivery too... I also liked the big up of 'Nas, Rakim, Pac, BIG, James Todd Smith and Prince'...

Although saying that I hope the whole album isnt like this, I wouldnt be mad if its a more grown up album like '4:44' style album, but what personal stuff does he have to talk about that he hasnt already addressed??? I dont wanna hear about his mother or pill popping again but maybe theres some stuff we dont know about that he can talk about, but personally I prefer the 'Saying Goodbye to Hollywood' style of grown up Em...

He better address being in the closet
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Apparently Jay had something to do with this.

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/11/jay-z-beyonce-eminem-walk-on-water/

Jay-Z Got Beyonce to Sing on Eminem’s “Walk on Water”
    by Max Weinstein November 10, 2017 4:38

Eminem released his somber new single “Walk on Water” today (Nov. 10) featuring no percussion and Beyoncé on the hook. Now, he’s sat down with Rick Rubin and Malcolm Gladwell for the inaugural episode of the latter two’s new podcast called Broken Record to talk about the making of the new single.

During the conversation, Em starts by speaking about recording the song at Rick Rubin’s Shangri La studio in Malibu and the frustration that led to him recording the track.

“People are always expecting something different from you,” says Em. “‘I want him to talk about this, I want him to talk about that. I want him to just spit. I don’t like when he just spits. He does too much rappity rappity ? . I don’t like when he self loathes, he does that ? too much. I don’t like when he puts all them syllables together but they don’t mean anything.’ There’s less places to go that you haven’t already been.”

Elsewhere in the conversation, Rubin says he played Em a Frank Zappa song in the initial stages of recording the song. Later on, Rubin also talks about how the new wave of rappers today is a “culture shock” to Em that can make him “frustrated.”

Em also reveals a key observation he had about how 2Pac rapped. “He always knew the right words to say on the right chords,” Shady explains. “He never said the wrong thing on the wrong chord.” That leads to him listing a ton of rappers he listened to when he was young, from 3rd Bass and Leaders of the New School to Flavor Unit and Poor Righteous Teachers.

Towards the end of the episode, Gladwell reveals that Rubin eventually played “Walk on Water” for JAY-Z, and Hov helped get Beyoncé on the record. Skylar Grey, who co-produced the record with Rubin, also wrote the hook.

Listen to the entire podcast below and look out for more episodes of Broken Record coming soon.

https://youtu.be/NOpzqFY6DpI
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Apparently Jay had something to do with this.

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/11/jay-z-beyonce-eminem-walk-on-water/

Jay-Z Got Beyonce to Sing on Eminem’s “Walk on Water”
    by Max Weinstein November 10, 2017 4:38

Eminem released his somber new single “Walk on Water” today (Nov. 10) featuring no percussion and Beyoncé on the hook. Now, he’s sat down with Rick Rubin and Malcolm Gladwell for the inaugural episode of the latter two’s new podcast called Broken Record to talk about the making of the new single.

During the conversation, Em starts by speaking about recording the song at Rick Rubin’s Shangri La studio in Malibu and the frustration that led to him recording the track.

“People are always expecting something different from you,” says Em. “‘I want him to talk about this, I want him to talk about that. I want him to just spit. I don’t like when he just spits. He does too much rappity rappity ? . I don’t like when he self loathes, he does that ? too much. I don’t like when he puts all them syllables together but they don’t mean anything.’ There’s less places to go that you haven’t already been.”

Elsewhere in the conversation, Rubin says he played Em a Frank Zappa song in the initial stages of recording the song. Later on, Rubin also talks about how the new wave of rappers today is a “culture shock” to Em that can make him “frustrated.”

Em also reveals a key observation he had about how 2Pac rapped. “He always knew the right words to say on the right chords,” Shady explains. “He never said the wrong thing on the wrong chord.” That leads to him listing a ton of rappers he listened to when he was young, from 3rd Bass and Leaders of the New School to Flavor Unit and Poor Righteous Teachers.

Towards the end of the episode, Gladwell reveals that Rubin eventually played “Walk on Water” for JAY-Z, and Hov helped get Beyoncé on the record. Skylar Grey, who co-produced the record with Rubin, also wrote the hook.

Listen to the entire podcast below and look out for more episodes of Broken Record coming soon.

https://youtu.be/NOpzqFY6DpI

...and its still trash lol
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not a bad track but it's flat as ? to me, give me some hard drum kicks and some more energy Em! I was expecting much better considering how long it has been since his last album I just hope the rest of the album is much better Em has sold more than enough albums he needs to stop chasing the chart hits and just do it for us Hip Hop heads!
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I️ don’t think it’s bad. I️ like it