StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I️ just hope the album isn’t like this. Don’t want another recovery
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options

I DON'T WANT ANOTHER RECOVERY EITHER, BUT THAT SEEMS UNREALISTIC AT THIS POINT.

THEY ALREADY CONFIRMED IT TO BE A SEQUEL TO RECOVERY.

PLUS HE'S OUT HERE DOING ACCOUSTIC SPOKEN WORD & POLITICAL FREESTYLES WITH THE SOBER/NO-SHAVE NOVEMBER LOOK.

OLD MAN FREEDOM ? .
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ....Wack
    0-1 so far on this album.

Before DAMN. there was a clip of Kendrick in the studio with Rick Rubin ... no wonder a Rubin track didn't make the final cut. :D

Nah, b. Rubin gave us 99 Problems.
  • tk_heuristics
    tk_heuristics Members Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Options
    I respect the songs message and the lyrics were ok but the actual rapping was trash.

Even when em did acapella parts on older albums he could keep a consistent rhythm and flow. Dude just can't flow now, it's weird. Plus his delivery is an attack on my ears.
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ....Wack

Before DAMN. there was a clip of Kendrick in the studio with Rick Rubin ... no wonder a Rubin track didn't make the final cut. :D

Yea but Ems selecting the beats bro, could have some unheard fire that would blow the internet, Em would be like na give me the beat that sounds like tinnitus haha.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? would better if it was just a Beyonce song imo.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    ....Wack

Yea but Ems selecting the beats bro, could have some unheard fire that would blow the internet, Em would be like na give me the beat that sounds like tinnitus haha.

For some reason, the fact that Skylar Grey co-write and produced this leads me to believe that's why he chose this wack ass no-beat. I think he's ? her on the low.

I still don't know who that ? is other than being on disappointing Em tracks.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ....Wack

For some reason, the fact that Skylar Grey co-write and produced this leads me to believe that's why he chose this wack ass no-beat. I think he's ? her on the low.

He prolly is.. I remember reading that Interscope wanted Lady Gaga to do the I Need A Docter Hook (bigger name/star power and imo better singer) but Em was adamant about keeping Skylar Grey on it.
  • Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    THE_R_ wrote: »

PLUS HE'S OUT HERE DOING ACCOUSTIC SPOKEN WORD & POLITICAL FREESTYLES WITH THE SOBER/NO-SHAVE NOVEMBER LOOK.

OLD MAN FREEDOM ? .
    RICK RUBIN GAVE EM SOME ADELE TYPE ? .

Recovery is a classic ... Top 10 best rap album of this decade. Album of the year in Hip Hop in 2010...I'm not afraid to admit that
    0xt40z5ebbw2.gif

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    ....Wack

This ? (she was originally known as Holly Brook in the old Linkin Park days):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQdglLeGQXM

Also Diddy-? Money's Coming Home (which is a banger tbh)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ImCpNqbJw

Ironically, Hov co-produced the latter track
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matike85 wrote: »

OLD MAN FREEDOM ? .

Recovery is a classic ... Top 10 best rap album of this decade. Album of the year in Hip Hop in 2010...I'm not afraid to admit that
    0xt40z5ebbw2.gif

So you’re gee’s counter account? Lol
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ....Wack

This ? (she was originally known as Holly Brook in the on Linkin Park days):

She was the ? in the Fort Minor records? Damn she old as ? .
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This song is wack as ? , and Rick Rubin should be ashamed of himself
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    ....Wack

Lol she's 6 months older than me (31).
  • Lab Baby
    Options
    ....Wack

? , I'm gonna be the same age in 6 days. :'(

I could've sworn she was older than that... prolly cuz most of the pics I seen of her looked like Andy ? .
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    ....Wack

? , I'm gonna be the same age in 6 days. :'(

I could've sworn she was older than that... prolly cuz most of the pics I seen of her looked like Andy ? .

Nooooooooooooooo!! :joy:
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ....Wack

This ? (she was originally known as Holly Brook in the old Linkin Park days):

her and alex da kid are responsible for all of those cheesy hip hop records earlier this decade (airplanes, love the way you lie, i need a doctor, coming home, words i never said etc.)
  • Lab Baby
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    I like it, I like that yes taking a more introspective approach. Imo that's when Marshall is at his best. He's older now so his perspective is different and I think this is the approach he's going for this album.

LOLOL I don't expect Marshall to get praises on the IC but objectively the song is dope and he's in a different space mentally. I like that older rappers now are taking a more mature approach - Raekwon, Jay-Z, T.I., Fabolous, J.Cole, etc. It's not just about fame and diamonds some of these guys are fathers and some of us are older and can relate. Rap doesn't have to be pigeon holed to appeal to only teenagers and millennials... That's what will ? it like Rock and Roll today.

TES was his most mature album IMO... then he does a 180 with Encore. Em always had a knack for introspection, even since Infinite. It's just weird that a dude that can make a song about the trappings of fame making him a reflection of his father can be the same dude two years later making songs about shoving gerbils up his ass. I guess he goes by what he feels and sets the mood of the music accordingly.

This is what bothers me about this song. It sounds like a serious record, but he's talking about rap. Rap is not that serious. You got writer's block, put it down and come back to it later. ? is out here gettin shot by police, evicted, going bankrupt, we gettin hit by Katrina level ? every 2 1/2 weeks, ? is getting ? by ? that could get them jobs, and space might not even be real. The last thing the real world is worried about is a middle aged rich white man that can't write a rap. So yeah... white people and ? that don't know better will hear this song and hear a tortured soul spilling his emotions in a way that speaks to a generation of lost poets. I just hear a 5 minute loop of "I'm not gonna be able to top on My Name Is".
  • Matike85
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Rick Rubin said that Eminem Hates Mumble Rap according to DJ Akademiks
    https://youtu.be/NOOiV88wE0U
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options

OLD MAN FREEDOM ? .

0xt40z5ebbw2.gif

U got some nerve showing your face around here again b
  • Matike85
    Options

OLD MAN FREEDOM ? .

0xt40z5ebbw2.gif

U got some nerve showing your face around here again b

https://youtu.be/0FyU6Mg6QG0
    lgb38c5b7sqa.gif
  • L3NU
    L3NU Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah I'm a em fan but this ain't it

If there were drums that would instantly help.