Samuel (Sammy) Sosa may have finally reached his final bleached form…

Options

Comments

• playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »
    Dominicans be on that ? 7037sazcuv22.png

Preach
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just peeped how OP called him by Samuel in the title. It's no more Sammie...? probably going by Samuel or Sam. Probably been taking speech lessons to clean up that accent of his
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't eem know why these threads even still come up every time Sammy is spotted out in public. We BEEN lost that ? to the dark (light?) side. Put this ? in the 'It is what it is' category and be done with it. SMH.
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Self hatred is something else. His programming is complete...
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In all seriousness, I have a few friends from high school that seem lighter than they used to be. Its been over 25 years so I don't remember exactly what their skin tone was but they seem lighter.

My point is that really dark-skinned people have a complex about they're skin. They use skin creams and bleach to lose a couple of shades. They're still dark skinned, but just not as dark as they used to be.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sigh uneducated white people opinions

gy02bi8e4x5x.png
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

gy02bi8e4x5x.png

Uneducated, but her description was hilarious regardless.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

gy02bi8e4x5x.png

Don't be hyper sensitive smh
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kinda feel bad for him.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    In all seriousness, I have a few friends from high school that seem lighter than they used to be. Its been over 25 years so I don't remember exactly what their skin tone was but they seem lighter.

My point is that really dark-skinned people have a complex about they're skin. They use skin creams and bleach to lose a couple of shades. They're still dark skinned, but just not as dark as they used to be.

issues for being treated different cuz of their complexion
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He wants the Complexion for protection
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

issues for being treated different cuz of their complexion

I hate when I see my fellow dark skinned brothers and sisters have insecurities about their skin pigmentation.
  • MistyKnight
    MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats how folks from DR be though. They legit try and erase or deny their black heritage.

Just throw the WHOLE island away bruh.

Haiti will just be collateral damage.

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Thats how folks from DR be though. They legit try and erase or deny their black heritage.

Just throw the WHOLE island away bruh.

Haiti will just be collateral damage.

If they legit try to deny and destroy their african heritage neither merengue or bachata would've ever become pillars of our culture. There is a lot of self hate but its more complex than that. There is also a segment that is pridefully pro black. Palo music culture, santeria and brujeria practices and mascarao festivals and all that are a testament to the fact.

Trujillo's conditioning bled from generation to generation. His self hate was evident and contagious. My great grandpa a lightskin black dominican man used to tell me about it all the time as a kid.

There is a condescending belief in many of them especially those darker than Wesley ironically that because they speak spanish they are superior to other blacks or some ? . They also have Inherent Psychological Stockholm syndrome when it comes to their ancestors' spanish oppressors. All because of propaganda.

They fell for that white is beautiful and dark is ugly okey doke. So they burn their scalp with chemicals to get "good hair" stylings and dye their hair a ridiculous looking blonde to fit in with anglo beauty standards. Sammy is in that group.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There you go again with those gigantic leaps in logic and sweeping generalizations...
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options

Everybody I know is lighter.

We was all darker back in the day because we all was outside 24-7 lol

The good ol’days