The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

One of my favorite knockouts ever

Yeah, he did J-Rock ? . I won a nice lil' chunk of change on that fight.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »

the way he caught the 1,2 then transitioned into offense was just masterful
  • Mastery
    Options

the way he caught the 1,2 then transitioned into offense was just masterful

Williams left his guard open after throwing the 1-2 haha. Charlo was skilled enough to take advantage of Williams lapse in judgment.
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Walk Away was just as Impressive...Sheesh
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was at a bar in North Philly for that J Rock fight, devastating smh
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/mikey-garcia-rejects-golden-boy-linares-offer-explains-why--122247
    Mikey Garcia Rejects Golden Boy's Linares Offer, Explains Why
    By Miguel Rivera

WBC lightweight champion Mikey Garcia (37-0, 30 KOs) explained that a better economic offer to return on January 27th was what made him reject a proposal from Golden Boy Promotions to stage a unification with WBA champion Jorge Linares.

As BoxingScene.com reported last week, Garcia met with Golden Boy President Eric Gomez in an attempt to reach an agreement for the Linares fight.

The meeting went well, but Garcia received another offer for a Showtime televised fight that was even better than the 50-50 proposal from Golden Boy to face Linares.

Garcia is still very much interested in fighting Linares and plans to discuss it further after his January return. He hopes to speak with Gomez in the near future to work out the financial details for a Linares bout.

"[The deal] could not happen, but I was with Eric Gomez that we will be in contact to try to make the fight after this fight," said Garcia to ESPN Deportes.

"I have more options, in fact compared to what I [was offered for Linares], the guaranteed purse is better [for January 27] - although the fight with Linares - I would love to do very much, but we must take into account the business side of things... just as Golden Boy is looking to do what's best for their company, I am also looking to do what's best for me."

One of the opponents being kicked around to fight Garcia, as BoxingScene reported several weeks ago, is IBF lightweight champion Robert Easter.

Garcia started off 2017 with a vicious knockout of Dejan Zlaticanin to capture the WBC title at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. He came back in July, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, with a dominating performance over former four division world champion Adrien Broner. The fight with Broner took place at the junior welterweight limit of 140-pounds.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Roger Mayweather in the hospital
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    haymon cut that check prolly gonna be Easter
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    edited November 2017
    Options

k7x1gn9mrc24.jpg
  • buttuh_b
    Options
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude moves quick for a fat ass
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Ricky Hatton vs Marcos Maidana mega welterweight bout, make it happen...
  • Mastery
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

Maidana kills him haha
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

PlainBackEquestrian-size_restricted.gif
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Mikey turned the Linares fight down cause he feel he deserve more than a 50/50 split that Golden Boy is offering for the fight..

Mikey knows he draw larger crowds than Linares..
  • Mastery
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    I think Mikey turned the Linares fight down cause he feel he deserve more than a 50/50 split that Golden Boy is offering for the fight..

Mikey knows he draw larger crowds than Linares..

Yeah, Garcia already said he turned it down because he was offered a lot more money by Al Haymon to fight in January against someone else.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/de-la-hoya-if-i-wilder-he-star-joshua-beg--122323
    De La Hoya: If I Had Wilder - He'd Be a Star, Joshua Would Beg
    By Miguel Rivera

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya threw a tremendous verbal hook at the working team behind WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder (39-0, 38 KOs).

De La Hoya's company had promoted Wilder's first 33 fights and took him to a world title.

Their relationship ended in January of 2015, after Wilder captured the WBC title with a twelve round unanimous decision over Bermane Stiverne at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Their relationship broke apart after Wilder's main manager, Al Haymon, parted ways with Golden Boy. Haymon parted ways with Golden Boy and took his entire stable of fighters to jump-start his Premier Boxing Champions banner, which staged their first event in March of the same year.

Since leaving Golden Boy, Wilder has made six defenses of the titles - with victories against Stiverne, Eric Molina, Artur Szpilka, Johann Duhaupas, Gerald Washington and Chris Arreola. Planned defenses against Alexander Povetkin and Luis Ortiz fell apart due to failed pre-fight drug tests.

At the moment, one of the biggest fights in the sport is a heavyweight unification between Wilder and IBF, IBO, WBA world champion Anthony Joshua (20-0, 20 KOs) of the UK.

Wilder, who last Saturday night demolished Stiverne in the first round of their mandated rematch, has been actively chasing Joshua for a unification showdown.

De La Hoya believes Wilder should be a lot bigger right now. He says Golden Boy would have made him into a superstar by this point, and Joshua would be the one chasing Wilder for a fight and not the other way around.

"I promoted Deontay Wilder during his first 33 fights and I made him a champion. If I were his promoter, he would be a star and Anthony Joshua would beg for the fight and not the way it is happening right now," said De La Hoya to ESPN Deportes.

If Wilder is unable to get Joshua in the ring, one of the frontrunners to face him in the first quarter of the New Year is Dominic Breazeale.

4sgt5vn22v2u.gif
  • Mastery
    Options
    http://www.boxingnews24.com/2017/11/jacobs-wants-jermall-charlo-next/

Jacobs talking about going after Charlo after his fight tomorrow. I hope that fight happens, someone def going to sleep imo.
  • stringer bell
    edited November 2017
    Options
    http://www.boxingnews24.com/2017/11/jacobs-wants-jermall-charlo-next/

Jacobs talking about going after Charlo after his fight tomorrow. I hope that fight happens, someone def going to sleep imo.

I’ll believe that when/if its announced.. I think HBO & Hearn want him to be next opponent for the winner of Canelo/GGG.. I don’t they think want to risk him losing to the middleweight OdellCharlo twin...
  • stringer bell
    Options
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Daniel Jacobs and Big Baby Miller are fighting on this Saturday's HBO fight card

My boy Beterbiev is fighting on ESPN's fight card on Saturday (about time).

Gyeah!
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    Daniel Jacobs and Big Baby Miller are fighting on this Saturday's HBO fight card

My boy Beterbiev is fighting on ESPN's fight card on Saturday (about time).

Gyeah!

@marc123
    What time the ESPN fights start ??
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    10:30PM i think
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When did the site change back????

Ayo, anyone for some JACOBS ARIAS links?? Acestream, maybe??

Been looking everywhere ca't find....

HELP! lol