Big K.R.I.T. "4Eva Is A Mighty Long Time" (10/27)

Options

Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Krit will never be as big as Cole or TI

? buy music & control the radio.

And ? love light skinned pretty boys (no ? )

Especially ones who make songs directed to females
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/vJo8s4OWNUw
    https://youtu.be/Z83PpWGeARo
    Man, I’m waiting on my bus ticket home. Don’t let it be too soon, but don’t let it take too long.
    https://youtu.be/LbmZvdgh2ao

Some more cuts that might’ve been overlooked. This mane been dropping good ass, timeless music for a long time.

My Interpretation still one of Krit best songs to me...."So a ape decided he wanted to walk upright and leave the other apes in the jungle, cause he that tight"
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I kinda care but only when people I converse with downplay him because of it

Id love for him to work with metro n get a huge production credit or get that call to b a feat on a huge hit but it is what it is
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what the fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk

that la leakers freestyle might be the best one ive ever heard from krit
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Listening to Get Away makes me want a Krit and Maxwell collab.

I think they would mesh well.
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Krit makes “traditional” sounding southern hiphop that isn’t centered around the hook or beat...at this point it is what it is....Although, I have seen a lot of people on Twitter say they were sleeping on Krit for a long time, and after hearing this album they didn’t understand why....Krit doesn’t have the luxury of dropping a tape/album and disappearing like Cole & Kendrick because those two have already crossed over. Krit can’t be out of sight out of mind like he usually is....he needs to find a way to stay in peoples faces and ears somehow. I’m not tripping if he ever gets that elusive hit song because that’s not what made me a fan of dude. We all know a hit record is the only thing missing like @Stew said...
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I lose it everytime I hear this ?
    Tryna get up to come down
    Young playa worldwide, third coast all day
    Mississippi well connected everywhere mane
    "4eva N a Day", 4eva howeva, 4eva anyway
    You know how it be mane
    When you all the way down in the game underground
    Tryna to get up to come down
    When you come up off that thang mane
    Them people can't stand you mane
    They can't, they can't get with it mane
    Cause they don't realize how or what it took
    To get to a place where "4eva Is A Mighty Long Time"
    And all that time, you was doing it big
    Trying to get up to come down
    Somebody get fitted
    4eva is, 4eva was and 4eva we will be
    Multi til the muthafuckin sun die
    K-R-I-T, King Remembered In Time, believe that there
    Tryna to get up to come down
    So as the beat keep rollin on, the slab keep hittin that
    808 keep going on and the bassline keep being filthy and slashin
    This is forever ever lastin in a timeless fashion, byitch!
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    KRIT's issue was he never had that crossover song. Maybe he tried to make it, maybe he didn't. That's the ONLY reason he never blew up. I think most of us don't care but it is what it is.

Before that ? bothered me, especially on here when it came to people tryin to downplay him when it came to Kendrick and J Cole having more main stream success but now I don't even give a damn I can accept the fact that he'll never get that same main stream attention cause I see it don't take away from the music

Word, I was slightly bothered by it at one point too but I could tell by the music he was making that he didn't care(again, maybe he did, maybe he didn't). He never really "sold out" so to speak and I respect that cause I can only imagine what it's like dealing with a major label.

I wonder if he had an opportunity like UGK did to hop on a popular joint with a big artist. Only thing I remember was the joint he did with TI but it never did anything. If I recall they made a video for it and everything. Don't even think the song made its way to wax.

They tried to have him do a record with Trinidad James after All Gold Everything.. didn't work. He had singles that coulda done better but Def Jam dropped the ball
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @AggieLean. can we get those drops in audio form and a d/l lank

Everlasting>>>>>>>>>

Got that Musiq "jusfriends" vibe to it
  • MrCrookedLetter
    Options
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    @AggieLean. can we get those drops in audio form and a d/l lank

Everlasting>>>>>>>>>

Got that Musiq "jusfriends" vibe to it

I’m traveling at the moment, but I’ll try to do that when I get to a spot where I can access my laptop
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    KRIT's issue was he never had that crossover song. Maybe he tried to make it, maybe he didn't. That's the ONLY reason he never blew up. I think most of us don't care but it is what it is.

Before that ? bothered me, especially on here when it came to people tryin to downplay him when it came to Kendrick and J Cole having more main stream success but now I don't even give a damn I can accept the fact that he'll never get that same main stream attention cause I see it don't take away from the music

Word, I was slightly bothered by it at one point too but I could tell by the music he was making that he didn't care(again, maybe he did, maybe he didn't). He never really "sold out" so to speak and I respect that cause I can only imagine what it's like dealing with a major label.

I wonder if he had an opportunity like UGK did to hop on a popular joint with a big artist. Only thing I remember was the joint he did with TI but it never did anything. If I recall they made a video for it and everything. Don't even think the song made its way to wax.

They tried to have him do a record with Trinidad James after All Gold Everything.. didn't work. He had singles that coulda done better but Def Jam dropped the ball

no surprise there. I don't think Def Jam has broken any successful new artists since Jay was pres over a decade ago and signed ross, jeezy and rihanna.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    Options
    I feel like Big Sant would have been a better fit for Big Bank than T.I.......

But I'm just throwing ? out there lol
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel like Big Sant would have been a better fit for Big Bank than T.I.......

But I'm just throwing ? out there lol

I said the same thing a few pages back.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think TI verse is dope on Big Bank.. Tip and Krit always make a good combo imo. It's a few tracks I could hear Sant on tho
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    buttuh_b wrote: »

no surprise there. I don't think Def Jam has broken any successful new artists since Jay was pres over a decade ago and signed ross, jeezy and rihanna.

LA signed Jeezy, not Jay.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only thing I didn’t like about this album is no verse from Big Sant. He always kills his features with KRIT
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, I was shocked Sant ain't get a verse on the album. Thought he was on Bun's status: getting atleast a verse every album.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nah....the Sant verse (as much as I like him) would have tarnished it a bit

he's been on every project krit ever had.....that starts to look and sound like dead weight after so long...like the sidekick routine

I thought about him too but I think it was a smart move

(but yeah he probably would have crushed Big Bank...probably had a verse before tip lol)

thats the only one tho....he doesnt fit anyting else on that side, and there was no rap features on the other side
  • MrCrookedLetter
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    nah....the Sant verse (as much as I like him) would have tarnished it a bit

he's been on every project krit ever had.....that starts to look and sound like dead weight after so long...like the sidekick routine

I thought about him too but I think it was a smart move

(but yeah he probably would have crushed Big Bank...probably had a verse before tip lol)

thats the only one tho....he doesnt fit anyting else on that side, and there was no rap features on the other side

You could say the same thing about Bun B
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nah...Bun is Bun....established for 20+ years, legend status in a group, solid solo projects, etc

he didnt just show up on 1 or 2 songs on ? C's albums for a few years

and im not talking down on Sant, he just aint Bun B by any means

a verse would have been cool, but the album didnt need Big Sant

outside of Big Bank like I said, name a track on this album (krit side) that needs a Big Sant verse to complete it
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bun def had the standout feature on the album

He came thru on his verse