Better Overall Rapper Bruse Wane or Shenco the MC?

Options
2»

Comments

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A.L.I.A.S
    Broddie wrote: »
    Remember when Shenco made one for the clubs?

Went from trying to be Lupe to trying to be Kendrick. Still failing.

https://youtu.be/Zb_? -fwTX4

This ain't even that bad. Just needs better vocal production and overall artistic direction. Record those lines in separate takes to eliminate the awkward breathing spaces, add compression, gate and small room reverb, track the beat and mix it accordingly with the vocals and this joint would've sounded decent.

This is what I mean... Shenco is not a bad rapper in the technical sense. But there's a difference when you approach your presentation more professionally. Shenco is/was a kid trying to make it on his own, and those mistakes he made unguided were amplified cuz he mistook his arrogance for confidence and preparation. This is why rappers have managers, producers, co-writers, etc. There's a bunch of Shencos walking around that would be exposed without those guys.
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    The Jay Z/Nas of ? niggadom. Shenco was an up and coming amatuer rapper going thru growing pains that ironically channeled his inner Ben Seaver to create the ultimate multigenerational pretween beta male anthem. Bruse Wane is some old ? with a fictional character's government name living in his mama's basement whose failures and shortcomings are caused by his lack of originality, work ethic and his propensity to not be ? in life. We were hard on Shenco, and it was well deserved... but truthfully his work comes from a positive place and has shown some growth in his music. Also, he at least puts out free ? and interacts with the audience, even with all flack we gave him. Bruse has no redeeming qualities as an artist, barely as a human being. Being in your 40s and dropping green screen public access freestyle videos using verses you battled Smoothe Da Hustler with under the bridge are signs that you failed as a man in life, and no mailed in verse from Ruck is gonna make us forget that. My vote goes to Shenco for at least having the potential to be a bootleg Von Pea with Down's syndrome. ©2013 @(Nope).

Lololololol

I forgot I said that ? .

I was a ? ? .

My bad @ShencotheMC
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruse Wane
    93cc90bc-3674-4b19-8c7d-2d0f2ec8c08f_zpsyvtgdshq.jpg?width=411

^^^ Bruse Wane looks like he snores while he's awake.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KB Da Kidnappa is the logical choice.