@goodlookinout

Good looking out.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Not sure if it was him or another coach, but I thought I read that Kelly doesn't like recruiting. He's coming to the wrong state if that's the case
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read on one of Oregon boards that it was more so recruiting at Oregon rather than recruiting as a whole.

Apparently he hated having to always physically go out to California, Texas and Arizona for kids. But Oregon “insider” fans be talking nonsense sometimes so idk.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not that hard to recruit at UF cause alot of kids wanna be groomed into ? ? for some reason. Chip gonna have to answer for that Philly ? tho cause every other coach gonna use that
  • d.green
    Options
    Not sure if it was him or another coach, but I thought I read that Kelly doesn't like recruiting. He's coming to the wrong state if that's the case

Yeah if you don't like to recruit its going to be a challenge unless his offense starts lighting up the scoreboard from day 1.

FL is the most recruited state in the country and has a Big 3 in-state + UCF/USF. He better have a great staff with great recruiters and Shannon isn't that.
  • d.green
    edited November 2017
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    I read on one of Oregon boards that it was more so recruiting at Oregon rather than recruiting as a whole.

Apparently he hated having to always physically go out to California, Texas and Arizona for kids. But Oregon “insider” fans be talking nonsense sometimes so idk.

Yeah i think Kelly (and Frost) didn't like traveling so far to recruit from Oregon.

In FL, they can recruit in-state + GA mostly and be ok. Go to LA/TX/AL/NC/VA etc after that if you want.

That idiot McElwain kind of abandoned GA for AL. Meanwhile AU, CLEM and Bama jumped on FL with Miami & UF down.

I think that's part of the reason UGA has been recruiting so well. Those other schools were being more successful in FL than GA for elite recruits. Players like A.Cooper, Derrick Henry, Eddy Jackson, Calvin Ridley, S.Watkins, D.Cain, Nate Craig-Meyers, Ryan Davis, Cowart, Holland, Juedy would've probably been Canes & Gators back in the day. They all went to Bama, CLEM or AUB.

Tennessee under Fulmer used to pick GA apart before Richt got to UGA. Auburn had a lot of success in GA too.

Hopefully things get back to normal and Kirby Smart has to fight off AU, UT, Bama, UF and now Miami under Richt for GA. He has it too easy right now.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »

Yeah if you don't like to recruit its going to be a challenge unless his offense starts lighting up the scoreboard from day 1.

FL is the most recruited state in the country and has a Big 3 in-state + UCF/USF. He better have a great staff with great recruiters and Shannon isn't that.

Randy Shannon did recruit some damn good players for Miami while he was there. Shannon just wasn't a good coach and didn't get the most out of that talent he had.
  • d.green
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Randy Shannon did recruit some damn good players for Miami while he was there. Shannon just wasn't a good coach and didn't get the most out of that talent he had.

He did but I wonder if that was more of Miami recruiting itself back then. A lot of Dade/Broward kids want to go to Miami anyway.

I know he got Arthur Brown and his brother and Seantrel Henderson from outside of SFL but can't remember too many national recruits under Shannon but its been a while.
  • infamous114
    Options
    We don't depend on national recruits like that. That's when we started heading south under Coker. It's what's going to happen to FSU. Getting kids from Maine n ? ...
  • infamous114
    edited November 2017
    Options
    We trying to get a QB outta Georgia that just decommitted from Kentucky
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From an outside thread, heres my thoughts on players getting paid.

They SHOULD be getting paid, knowing the schools get HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS off of ticket sales, merchandising, TV rights, and recruitment funds, especially if schools have Heisman winners.

I don't think it should be a lot, but a stipend scale based on credit hours (or years in school) should be instituted:

Based on a 12-week semester:
    0-29 credits (freshmen): up to $1,500 per semester, or $125/week
    30-59 credits (sophmore): up to $2,400 per semester, or $200/week
    60-89 credits (freshmen): up to $3,600 per semester, or $300/week
    90-119 credits (senior): up to $4,200 per semester, or $350/week
    120+ credits (5th yr): up to $4,800 per semester, or $400/week

This is fair. Not enough that they can "ball out" on, but more than enough to where students can have some spending money.
  • d.green
    edited November 2017
    Options
    We don't depend on national recruits like that. That's when we started heading south under Coker. It's what's going to happen to FSU. Getting kids from Maine n ? ...

I agree none of the FL schools need to depend on OOS recruits because that's usually when sh*t goes down down hill. It happened to FSU before during the Chris Rix days too.

I guess I was trying to say many SFL recruits go to Miami regardless (if its not a dumpster fire), so not sure Shannon was that great of a recruiter vs Miami recruiting itself somewhat.

Actually, even when Miami was a dumpster fire they still got some of the better SFL talent.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Who just steals off on a coach like that? Smh. Damn at his name being Latrelle lol.
  • d.green
    Options
    Texas A&M prepared to pursue Jimbo Fisher

Texas A&M is expected to inquire about the interest level of Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher once its separation from current coach Kevin Sumlin is official at the end of the season, according to two people familiar with the situation.

Those people spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because Texas A&M has not made an announcement on Sumlin’s future and due to the sensitivity of the matter.

Though Fisher has never given serious consideration to leaving Florida State previously, rebuffing interest from LSU the last two years, one person close to Fisher pointed to his longstanding relationship with Texas A&M athletics director Scott Woodward and the current disappointing season at Florida State as reasons why Texas A&M’s pursuit might be more realistic.

Woodward arrived as an administrator at LSU in 2000, the same year Fisher was hired there as offensive coordinator under Nick Saban. They have remained in touch and friendly over the years, according to a person familiar with Fisher’s thinking.

Pursuing Fisher would make sense for Texas A&M, which has shown a willingness to spend big money to reach the elite level of college football. Beyond Fisher, who won a national title in 2013, there are few, if any, candidates for the job who would be a guaranteed upgrade over Sumlin.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They are so delusional
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Tenn State player KO's S&C coach on sideline during game

https://youtu.be/t1ZlDwIDLyI

Tennessee State defensive end Latrelle Lee was dismissed from the team and expelled from school Saturday night after he hit Tigers head strength coach T.J. Greenstone twice in the head and knocked him to the turf on the sideline.

TSU athletics director Teresa Phillips confirmed to The Tennessean that coach Rod Reed kicked Lee, a senior from Dothan, Ala., off the team. Lee was then expelled from the university.

During games, Greenstone, a former Vanderbilt football player, is charged with keeping players who aren't in the game from getting too close to the sideline to avoid a penalty.

The Tigers offense was on the field at the time as Greenstone walked down the sideline telling players to move back if they were too close. Lee is seen in videos hitting Greenstone twice on the side of his head

Idgaf how big my son is a DT. He pull that ? and gets expelled in his senior year we scrapping
  • d.green
    edited November 2017
    Options
  • infamous114
    edited November 2017
    Options
    1. Alabama
    2. Clemson
    3. The U
    4. Oklahoma
    5. Wisconsin
    6. Auburn

DOo_n33W4AAYYff.jpg
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not happy about being #3 since we beat Syracuse and Clemson, u know, didn’t, but whatever
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Clemson don’t belong in there.

Bama
    Miami
    Wisconsin
    OU