Jay Z -The Blueprint 2 The Gift & The Curse Turns 15 Years Old Today...Hit Or Miss?

Options

Comments

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    trash

Don't you think calling it "trash" is unwarranted?
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hit
    Waaaaaay too many good songs that i like to be considered a miss. Never understood the hate for this album, it had everything. Club bangers, smooth joints, hustler music, ? talking music, and introspective music. I got so much ? with Excuse Me Miss being played in the background. Out of 25 tracks (including the bonus ones), I rock with about 18 - 20 of them. Thats a pretty solid album in my book
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Miss
    Had some good songs, but mostly 2 discs of ? . Not a worthy sequel to his Classic Blueprint album.

Better than BP3 though.
  • 90's Era
    90's Era Members Posts: 52 ✭✭
    Options
    Hit
    Only thing this album missed was being a classic dbl disc..which of course its not..but there is way more than enough dope ? on it to be a good to very good album..
    I think Jay tried to fill every box on the stat sheet..but in doing so had a lot of turnovers as well.

side note..
    Meet the parents is one of the g.o.a.t story tracks ever..
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Out of 25 joints i can bump 17 today. Same with Street's Disciple (17/24 not counting the intro). They ain't classics but they're pretty damn good.
  • 90's Era
    90's Era Members Posts: 52 ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hit
    Super miss. Good amount of dope songs tho.

wouldn't a SUPER MISS have a minimal amount of good songs ..and really no DOPE songs on it..

Think you swinging from your heels with that comment homie..
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hit
    Pac aint even like him and he did Me & My Girlfriend haaaaaahaaaaa
  • stackmaster 313
    stackmaster 313 Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hit
    If he would got killed after making this it would be the best album ever. I banged this ? religiously it's a criminally underated album need to give it a relisten. Just tough to follow up BP with it think that's why it didn't age as good.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hit
    If I can't rock with two thirds of a album I'll consider that a hit
  • wolfman91
    wolfman91 Members Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Options
    Miss
    I hate this album but the watcher 2 is one of the best songs ever. I accidentally used the ? version as my pro wrestling Theme song and jay ways dropping the N word left and right but I just went with it
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Grammy Family freestyle and Get ? off should of made the album. That could of replaced that ? awful Sean Paul and 2 Many Hoes.

• buttuh_b
    Options
    Hit
    The Bounce gotta be worst Kanye track ever
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Contained some of his best work that got drowned out in that Charles Hamilton "Don't know what to cut" vein.

Meet the Parents is so slept on I hate all you sleep muhfuckas.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    The Bounce gotta be worst Kanye track ever

LOOKING BACK...I WOULD'VE NEVER GUESSED HE'D DO A WHOLE ALBUM WITH THE ? WHO GOT NO CREDIT ON THE BOUNCE.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He didn't like Nas at one point either

They probably would've been cool at some point, especially if both Pac and Big lived long enough to patch things up between each other
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Miss
    Hated this ? .
    Minus poppin tags, and watcher 2.
  • buttuh_b
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hit
    DarthRozay wrote: »

They probably would've been cool at some point, especially if both Pac and Big lived long enough to patch things up between each other

Why would Pac want to patch things up with a friend that let him get robbed? ? yall thought they would be BFFs lmao. Biggie gonna be like "yo it's cool you ? my wife and assassinated my character worse than anyone in hip hop history, let's be homies"...

They "probably would've been cool" Based on what????
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »

Why would Pac want to patch things up with a friend that let him get robbed? ? yall thought they would be BFFs lmao. They "probably would've been cool" Based on what????

reminiscing on old times?

vYgPmI8.gif
  • qeezus_price
    qeezus_price Members Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Probably one of my favorite hov joints pretty good effort in my eyes. And some how some way is classic Jay face and sigel
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I REMEMBER CLEAR AS DAY HOW EVERYONE THOUGHT THIS WAS WACK ESPECIALLY COMPARED TO ? 'S SON.
  • Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Miss
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    I REMEMBER CLEAR AS DAY HOW EVERYONE THOUGHT THIS WAS WACK ESPECIALLY COMPARED TO ? 'S SON.

Unless you was HOVA disciples
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cosign.

A lot of people didn't give it a chance.

If the Takeover/Ether battle never happened it probably would have gotten a better reception when it was released.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Miss

Especially outside of BK if you were in NYC. People forget the hype that went into this one. He built it up for an entire year. Remember the Unplugged album's bonus track? "Blueprint 2 baby! see y'all in November".

I mean he had the audacity to name it after the classic album that he was following up with the project. People thought it would easily live up to those standards. Boy were they wrong.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Matike85 wrote: »

Unless you was HOVA disciples

You mean Jayhova's Witnesses, right?