The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With all the pre & post production chaos , re-writes,re-shots, director having crazy family issues etc,etc

The movie is pretty damn good for what it is
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    With all the pre & post production chaos , re-writes,re-shots, director having crazy family issues etc,etc

let us know what makes it damn good without spoiling too much
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Feminist ? over what the Amazons are wearing calling part of ? Culture smfh ? absurd.
  • a.mann
    edited November 2017
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »

Well, as a longstanding comic book head, I had to "train" myself years ago as to view these films as someone who isn't familiar with and doesn't know anything about the source material

With that, I feel as a movie they got the pacing & tone right, the writing was good (considering the production hell and re-writes, there's actually only a few truly cringe worthy lines), the plot made sense for what it was,(far as you could follow along without feeling lost & overwhelmed) the action was super (no pun intended), they didn't over do it on the comedic element( look at you Thor!) , the throwbacks to the previous film was do very well and made sense

The character interaction exceeded my expectations (something I thought would drag the film,along with the plot)
    The motivate as to what drove each character to join up made sense

My personal favorite part of the movie:
    The return was handled very,VERY well...again far exceeded my expectations

The following fight was beast.....really showed his power and how the others measure up to it. No one played a "jobber" to make him look good....it was just an honest demonstration as to where he stands on the power-scale compared to them

As someone who came up reading the comics my only gripe would be "Pete Parker" with the Speed Force, not THAT bad,
    but comparison Aquaman "dude" was more "tolerable."

Cyborg,Batman,S-man and Wonder Wonder characterization was spot on
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meester wrote: »
    Wait.....

So batman vs superman was actually good?!?!

Fanboys
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    Only complaints i keep seeing is the cgi and the villain

I was watching a soccer game last night and the trailer came on half time. Lots of fire explosions and ? ... the CGI looked meh

I'll still see it Friday or Saturday though but my hopes are just plain
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, as a longstanding comic book head, I had to "train" myself years ago as to view these films as someone who isn't familiar with and doesn't know anything about the source material

With that, I feel as a movie they got the pacing & tone right, the writing was good (considering the production hell and re-writes, there's actually only a few truly cringe worthy lines), the plot made sense for what it was,(far as you could follow along without feeling lost & overwhelmed) the action was super (no pun intended), they didn't over do it on the comedic element( look at you Thor!) , the throwbacks to the previous film was do very well and made sense

The character interaction exceeded my expectations (something I thought would drag the film,along with the plot)
    The motivate as to what drove each character to join up made sense

My personal favorite part of the movie:
    The return was handled very,VERY well...again far exceeded my expectations

The following fight was beast.....really showed his power and how the others measure up to it. No one played a "jobber" to make him look good....it was just an honest demonstration as to where he stands on the power-scale compared to them

As someone who came up reading the comics my only gripe would be "Pete Parker" with the Speed Force, not THAT bad,
    but comparison Aquaman "dude" was more "tolerable."

Cyborg,Batman,S-man and Wonder Wonder characterization was spot on

Is the movie out already?
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    The effects in Thor were dope though......

ILM been putting in work on them Marvel movies

that reverse age ? in GOGT2 was dope as ? , and their panning technique is whoa
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    51 on metacritic
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You got 6 scenes shown in various Trailers that didnt make the movie..unless fan screening is a different version

Alfred Scene everyone was debating who he was talking too, not in movie.

Barry Allen Touch the Glass in slo mo shattering not in movie

Clark saying “I guess its a yes.” to Lois about wedding ring

Cyborg telling Bats “I heard bout you didnt think u were real” “Im real when its Useful”

Steppenwolf No Protectors Here dialouge not in movie.

Wonder Woman saying “”Shall We” as she about to attack”
  • a.mann
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    You got 6 scenes shown in various Trailers that didnt make the movie..unless fan screening is a different version

Cyborg telling Bats “I heard bout you didnt think u were real” “Im real when its Useful”

The directors cut or may have gotten completely axed in the re-writes

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People stay complaining about CGI, like you'd actually believe the spaceships and demons were really on set while the movie was being filmed.

As long as the ? don't look like Nintendo 64 graphics, I'm good.

You're right but when you have movies like Doctor Strange, which is visually one of the dopest movies I've ever seen, it's hard to gloss over CGI not looking as great as it should.
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im watching it out of my love for the characters. But I aint expecting to be blown away like WW. Im looking forward to this more than I was any marvel movie this year though.
  • a.mann
    Options
    I think these guys tend to be fair with their reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KT1UCsOE74

Not sure what movie he was watching with Cyborg in it.

Cyborg played a major part in moving the story along.

Again the depiction of the character was spot on, the actor was excellent in the role

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

See, this is why I don't watch new trailers close to the release date
  • a.mann
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm convinced we've just been so over saturated with the Marvel brand folks are gonna hate no matter what. I'm just happy to see a live action justice league take place in my lifetime

^^^^^^^^^^^

There's a lot of the truth to that, and I'm Marvel guy and can see the bias
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

There's a lot of the truth to that, and I'm Marvel guy and can see the bias

I'm not a Marvel guy I'm much more a DC head even if I'm not really feeling their shared movie universe like that but I don't think anybody could deny it at this point.

Even the Fox movies catch extra grief & scrutiny from these geeky critics and web nerds despite being licensed from Marvel and using Marvel characters.

Simply cause it's not by Marvel Studios. The fact that this ? measuring contest (nh) which ruined the comic book community for millions of readers encouraging them to quit collecting has now bled into the superhero movie comunity is sad.

The fact that this "war" where you can't be neutral and just enjoy and critique both on fair terms; only exists in their heads makes it even sadder.

DC and Marvel Studios actually root for each other's success. It's a friendly competition. Just like with their respective comic book publishing businesses.
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    honestly, I dont even go see a Marvel movie anymore unless it has Captain in the title.

I still get hyped for DC movies but these days Im more curious to see what the CW is doing with it.