• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol De La Hoya trying to goad McGregor into a fight lmao wow
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol De La Hoya trying to goad McGregor into a fight lmao wow

the mothercuker saying he the fastest he ever been! Yeah when he off that coke!
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Farhood: Mayweather Struggles With Spence, Crawford, Thurman
    Showtime Boxing's broadcast analyst, Steve Farhood, believes at this point former five division world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. would struggle against the very best fighters in the welterweight division.

Mayweather, 40 years old, snapped a two-year retirement back in August - to fight UFC superstar Conor McGregor, who was making his pro debut.

McGregor did well in the first three to four rounds, but he was broken down and stopped in the tenth round.

The victory over McGregor raised Mayweather's record to a perfect 50-0, which allowed him to break the undefeated record of heavyweight great Rocky Marciano.

Mayweather, who retired following the contest, received a lot of heat for the fight.

Most fans and experts felt that he should have faced a top level fighter to reach a 50-0 record.

But Farhood explains that there simply wasn't enough money to face a top level boxer - when Mayweather stood to earn well over $100 million for a much easier fight against McGregor.

"I think he’s in an unusual position and I say that because the average fighter would ? for a $30 million dollar pay day, that’s money that Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter or Terence Crawford could very well never see, but for Floyd, a $30 million dollar pay day just doesn’t turn him on. The McGregor fight was perfect for him because he was basically against a guy who had never fought before and he was handed somewhere between $100 and $200 million dollars. That’s not going to happen against any boxer we know," Farhood told On The Ropes Boxing Radio.

And if he did take a pass on McGregor and fought a boxer on the level of a Keith Thurman, Terence Crawford or Errol Spence - Farhood believes the former pound-for-pound king would struggle in the right.

"I think he probably struggles against the very best, against Keith Thurman, Terence Crawford or Errol Spence. I don’t think it’s as easy as it used to be. Floyd is a fighter who relies a lot on reflexes and on his athletic ability, and just a very small diminishment in his skills could really affect him. We saw with Oscar De La Hoya and Roy Jones, when these fighters who are superior athletes lose that half second of timing, it can bode very badly for them," Farhood said.

"I think we may be at that point with Mayweather — it’s a little difficult to tell strictly from the McGregor fight, but he is forty and there’s nothing to say that he couldn’t lose that half second in reflex time, and I think there’s a good chance that that’s happened."

http://www.boxingscene.com/farhood-mayweather-struggles-with-spence-crawford-thurman--122467

What say you boxing fans?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Showtime Boxing's broadcast analyst, Steve Farhood, believes at this point former five division world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. would struggle against the very best fighters in the welterweight division.

Mayweather, 40 years old, snapped a two-year retirement back in August - to fight UFC superstar Conor McGregor, who was making his pro debut.

McGregor did well in the first three to four rounds, but he was broken down and stopped in the tenth round.

The victory over McGregor raised Mayweather's record to a perfect 50-0, which allowed him to break the undefeated record of heavyweight great Rocky Marciano.

Mayweather, who retired following the contest, received a lot of heat for the fight.

Most fans and experts felt that he should have faced a top level fighter to reach a 50-0 record.

But Farhood explains that there simply wasn't enough money to face a top level boxer - when Mayweather stood to earn well over $100 million for a much easier fight against McGregor.

"I think he’s in an unusual position and I say that because the average fighter would ? for a $30 million dollar pay day, that’s money that Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter or Terence Crawford could very well never see, but for Floyd, a $30 million dollar pay day just doesn’t turn him on. The McGregor fight was perfect for him because he was basically against a guy who had never fought before and he was handed somewhere between $100 and $200 million dollars. That’s not going to happen against any boxer we know," Farhood told On The Ropes Boxing Radio.

And if he did take a pass on McGregor and fought a boxer on the level of a Keith Thurman, Terence Crawford or Errol Spence - Farhood believes the former pound-for-pound king would struggle in the right.

"I think he probably struggles against the very best, against Keith Thurman, Terence Crawford or Errol Spence. I don’t think it’s as easy as it used to be. Floyd is a fighter who relies a lot on reflexes and on his athletic ability, and just a very small diminishment in his skills could really affect him. We saw with Oscar De La Hoya and Roy Jones, when these fighters who are superior athletes lose that half second of timing, it can bode very badly for them," Farhood said.

"I think we may be at that point with Mayweather — it’s a little difficult to tell strictly from the McGregor fight, but he is forty and there’s nothing to say that he couldn’t lose that half second in reflex time, and I think there’s a good chance that that’s happened."

http://www.boxingscene.com/farhood-mayweather-struggles-with-spence-crawford-thurman--122467

If he doesn't get caught, I say Floyd could win on points against Thurman & Porter because they have stamina issues. Spence & Crawford would cause problems for Floyd tho. And
  • D. Morgan
    Options

If he doesn't get caught, I say Floyd could win on points against Thurman & Porter because they have stamina issues. Spence & Crawford would cause problems for Floyd tho. And

In what fight or fights did this happen in? I don't remember Porter ever having stamina problems
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Of course it won't be as easy as it used to be, the ? 40 years old and been out the ring a while. The ? is retired. Lol @ using the McGregor fight as a measuring stick. Rookies.

You still wouldn't find me betting against Mayweather, never have. Let that man enjoy his retirement.

w43ebksk6pn9.gif

el04fafafw13.gif
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GurgOtAUdE

Kovalev admits he stayed w/ Jackson to protect his image...
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

In what fight or fights did this happen in? I don't remember Porter ever having stamina problems

You right. I meant Thurman and Spence. Porter & Crawford would give Floyd issue. Porter reminds me of a more physical Mosley.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You right. I meant Thurman and Spence. Porter & Crawford would give Floyd issue. Porter reminds me of a more physical Mosley.

That's not what you meant either
  • D. Morgan
    Options

You should've just left it at Thurman. Cause I don't recall Spence having a stamina issue either.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aint no money in fighting any of the 3
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    aint no money in fighting any of the 3

Yes there is but Floyd only willing to fight for a 100Mill min.

30+ mill is money but when looking for 100mill or better that is some whole other ? .

IMO I wouldn't bet against Floyd either but in the fights mentioned I would say Thurman is the easiest fight, Crawford fight would be good cause of how versatile he is. Spence has the best chance to beat him out of the 3 because Spence is the only one who would press the fight in a controlled fashion to possibly make Floyd feel like a 40 year old fighter. Crawford and Thurman wouldn't do that IMO.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol @ Shawn Caveman Porter

FOH
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/gervonta-davis-set-return-early-2018-says-ellerbe--122460
    Gervonta Davis Set To Return in Early 2018, Says Ellerbe
    By Ryan Burton

2017 was a year of mixed results for former IBF super featherweight champion Gervonta "Tank" Davis (19-0, 18 KOs). He kept his perfect record intact by going 3-0 with three knockouts.

His year was highlighted by his title winning performance against undefeated Jose Pedraza in January and then coming back to blow out mandatory challenger Liam Walsh in May.

But after making his mandatory defense, Davis lost his title on the scale in August when he stopped Francisco Fonseca on the Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor undercard.

Even though he lost his title, Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe believes that his fighter will learn from the experience and win another world title in the near future.

"Gervonta is a very exciting fighter. We are very excited for him to get back in the ring. He had a minor setback with not making the weight but he has put that behind him. He understood the severity of what happened but that is a thing of the past and he will be looking to get back in the thick of things and challenge for a world title very soon," said Ellerbe to BoxingScene.com.

As for the the time table for his next fight, Ellerbe said that Davis and two-division champion Badou Jack will both be back in the first quarter of the new year.

"Gervonta will also be fighting at the top of the year with a to be determined high level opponent," Ellerbe told BoxingScene.com.

Davis had planned to fight in the fall, but ran into some trouble with a misdemeanor second-degree assault charge in Baltimore.

Davis is facing charges in connection with an August 1 incident in which a claimed childhood friend, Anthony Wheeler, alleges that Davis punched him in the side of the head with a gloved fist. A court date was set for late November.

Wheeler said he was knocked out by the punch and afterwards he was diagnosed with a concussion at St. Agnes Hospital. He pressed charges with the District Court Commissioner on August 3, and a warrant for Davis' arrest was served in mid-September. As previously reported, the boxer was released after posting a $100,000 unsecured property bond.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What year was dela hoya last fight lmao
    He should be focusing on Canelo rematch ? is he talking about right now
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What year was dela hoya last fight lmao
    He should be focusing on Canelo rematch ? is he talking about right now

2008, when he got beat up by Pacquiao haha
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

giphy.gif
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »

giphy.gif

You couldn't choose a more manlier gif my ? ? haha

Sassy ass :joy:

92a3a7f7d402210263c71ccbe38cdad1---chainz-chile.jpg

Say bruh, who you talking to?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Lmao c'mon son can't be using females gifs old two snaps and a circle ass ?