The Official 2017 NFL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Lowercase_G
    Lowercase_G Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Options
    Mariota ball placement killed him tonight. Alot his throws were makeable but he kept putting the ball in the wrong place.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    just when i start to have faith in this team they turn around and do ? like this. it happens every time. and we wonder why we dont get primetime games. i didnt expect a win, but gotdamn is asking to at least be competitive too much? and i wouldnt even show up to the podium if i were mariota with that trash ass performance. lol the announcers before the game said this would be the game to see who we really were. i guess we showed em
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mariota ball placement killed him tonight. Alot his throws were makeable but he kept putting the ball in the wrong place.

Because he sucks
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man watching AB in person some next level ? .

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Because he sucks

yea. alotta the talkin heads on tv stay trying to push this "Marriota will be elite" narrative. but I jus don't see it. He played in a gimmick offense in college. and he hasn't overly impressed since coming into the league. he's iight, nothing more imo.

I get the sense ppl on TV pull for him and Teddy Bridgewater cuz they are "nice guys" irl
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marcus will be fine. As soon as we get rid of this prehistoric coaching staff(Grimm can stay) he will take off.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Another issue with the offense, is it's virtually built around the run game. Everyone knows Murlarkey loves running heavy formations. Well the big problem with that this season is the o-line has regressed and the running game has been ineffective. Which constantly puts us in 3rd and long situations. Our success primarily comes off of good protection, and running the ball effectively which sets up the play action pass. I'm not very confident mariota can overcome those 2 things when theyre not working. Especially against good teams
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good ? Pittsburgh
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/21441056/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-bitter-battle-saw-coming-led-dallas-cowboys-owner-jerry-jones
    OTL: NFL teeters on all-out, unprecedented civil war

Roger Goodell has a Jerry Jones problem and nobody knows how it will end

• Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steelers/Pats - AFC Championship

Eagles/Rams - NFC Championship

Browns/Chargers AFC Championship

Buccaneers/49ers NFC Championship

Playoffs for the first round pick.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jerry Jones to Roger Goodell: 'I'm Gonna Come After You with Everything I Have'
    Mike Chiari
    November 17, 2017

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, left, and Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones arrive at the federal courthouse Tuesday, April 19, 2011 in Minneapolis where the NFL and its locked-out football players continue court-ordered mediation. This begins the second week of meetings between the two sides since March 11, when the old collective bargaining agreement expired, the union dissolved and the lockout began. (AP Photo/Jim Mone)
    Jim Mone/Associated Press

Following the announcement of Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott's six-game suspension in August, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones reportedly vowed to get back at NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

According to ESPN's Don Van Natta Jr. and Seth Wickersham, Jones said the following to Goodell during a conference call: "I'm gonna come after you with everything I have."

Jones reportedly then made mention of the New England Patriots' Deflategate situation and added, "If you think [Patriots owner] Bob Kraft came after you hard, Bob Kraft is a p---y compared to what I'm going to do."

Jones has publicly fought against a contract extension for Goodell and threatened to sue the NFL if the extension were pushed through.

Per Ken Belson of the New York Times, NFL owners rejected Jones' request for a special meeting to discuss the Goodell situation.

On Sunday, Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reported that some NFL owners have discussed the possibility of threatening to force Jones to forfeit the Cowboys franchise due to "conduct detrimental to the welfare of the League or professional football."

Jones went on to call that idea "laughable" and "ridiculous" during an interview with 105.3 The Fan (h/t Roy White III of Shan and RJ).

Elliott served the first game of his six-game suspension last week after an NFL investigation determined there was enough evidence to conclude he physically assaulted then-girlfriend Tiffany Thompson last year.

The 2016 rushing champion is eligible to return in Week 16. The Cowboys are currently 5-4, and they would not be a playoff team if the season ended today.

GET THAT MUTHAFUCKA JERRUH!
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Btw. Giants should bench Janoris Jenkins indefinitely after that no effort performance last week. How the Steelers handled Martavis Bryant, Tomlin handled that ? like a str8 up G.
    If he does that it sends a direct message to the locker room, it seems some players are actually still rallying behind him and this is a perfect time to let mothafuckad know what time it is
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Btw. Giants should bench Janoris Jenkins indefinitely after that no effort performance last week. How the Steelers handled Martavis Bryant, Tomlin handled that ? like a str8 up G.
    If he does that it sends a direct message to the locker room, it seems some players are actually still rallying behind him and this is a perfect time to let mothafuckad know what time it is

McAdoo don't have the heart to do it.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looking at the rundown of the games.. brutal..
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yea. Im only lookin 4ward to rams/vikes n pats/raiders
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    AB would have a monster game against my fantasy team. ? got 46 points smh

1ox6e4earydm.gif

Happened to me on our IC league, dude also had Rishard matthews. I'm down 86-0 right now lol...already looking at next week's matchup

That's my squad. Yeah Bouye!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I
    Hope
    Both Jerry and goodel get the ? out

best case scenario
    everybody wins
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21446306/nfl-investigating-allegation-tampa-bay-buccaneers-qb-jameis-winston-groped-female-uber-driver
    Report: NFL eyes Winston in groping allegation

The NFL is investigating an allegation that Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston groped a female Uber driver in March 2016, according to a report by BuzzFeed News.

The Buccaneers say they are aware of an allegation against Winston but did not provide specifics.

Buccaneers coach Dirk Koetter said at his availability Friday he was "just finding out" about the allegation and said he expects the team to release a statement later in the day.

BuzzFeed News viewed a letter it said was sent from league executive Lisa Friel to the Uber driver.

"The League has been informed that you may have been the victim of such a violation perpetrated by Tampa Bay Buccaneers player Jameis Winston," Friel wrote in the letter. "The league takes allegations of this nature very seriously and has opened an investigation into this matter."

The incident allegedly occurred in Scottsdale, Arizona, in March 2016. Winston's representative Russ Spielman denied the allegations in a statement to BuzzFeed News.

"We categorically deny this allegation," Spielman said. "It is our understanding the uber driver was unable to identify the specific individual who allegedly touched this driver inappropriately. The only reason his name is being dragged in to this is that his uber account was used to call the ride."

• King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »

Yea. Im only lookin 4ward to rams/vikes n pats/raiders

Don't forget the Jaguars/Browns
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21446306/nfl-investigating-allegation-tampa-bay-buccaneers-qb-jameis-winston-groped-female-uber-driver
    Report: NFL eyes Winston in groping allegation

The NFL is investigating an allegation that Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston groped a female Uber driver in March 2016, according to a report by BuzzFeed News.

The Buccaneers say they are aware of an allegation against Winston but did not provide specifics.

Buccaneers coach Dirk Koetter said at his availability Friday he was "just finding out" about the allegation and said he expects the team to release a statement later in the day.

BuzzFeed News viewed a letter it said was sent from league executive Lisa Friel to the Uber driver.

"The League has been informed that you may have been the victim of such a violation perpetrated by Tampa Bay Buccaneers player Jameis Winston," Friel wrote in the letter. "The league takes allegations of this nature very seriously and has opened an investigation into this matter."

The incident allegedly occurred in Scottsdale, Arizona, in March 2016. Winston's representative Russ Spielman denied the allegations in a statement to BuzzFeed News.

"We categorically deny this allegation," Spielman said. "It is our understanding the uber driver was unable to identify the specific individual who allegedly touched this driver inappropriately. The only reason his name is being dragged in to this is that his uber account was used to call the ride."

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say this is ? .

Hopefully it isn't true.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New Orleans vs Washington should be a good game
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    AB would have a monster game against my fantasy team. ? got 46 points smh

1ox6e4earydm.gif

Happened to me on our IC league, dude also had Rishard matthews. I'm down 86-0 right now lol...already looking at next week's matchup

That's my squad. Yeah Bouye!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha. Enjoy the win. I'm ? lol