Options

Comments

• Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    LPast wrote: »
    Y'all sensationalize some ? that y'all will never experience. Most of the country is broke, but y'all so concerned with a woman getting half...

? concerned not having tomove from his 200k house he pay the mortgage on to a ? apartment or the hood cuz he gotta pay child support alimony etc cuz his wife woke up wanting a divorce cuz she not happy no more.

what is your solution?

get rid of cs and alimony

what about a married couple who has 2 children and one is mentally disabled. the couple decided it would be best for one party to put off their career to help care for the child and home school. after 10 years of marriage if the working parent decided to divorce the stay at home wife or husband what happens to that person and the children

i guess there is always welfare to help get that person back on their feet

then yall ? about having to pay taxes for welfare, healthcare, etc
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sunlord wrote: »

SO being a husband automatically makes you a mind reader and a ? fortune teller??? you sound like a deluded fool. JUST ADMIT that so far you have been lucky with A,B and C and keep it ? moving. But 50% of people have not had your luck. You should evaluate women as they are but the reality is that you don't know how she is going to be in years to come, bad outcomes for a, b or c can happen to anyone so they affect everyone including your marriage.

Don't do this bro

@sunlord

This ? will troll you in circles all day long. You are positing facts and figures his position is based on his feelings and projection.

Unless he is providing information that challenges the numbers he just talking.

He's the male madamcjwlker. That's why they argue in circles every thread.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Y'all sensationalize some ? that y'all will never experience. Most of the country is broke, but y'all so concerned with a woman getting half...

? concerned not having tomove from his 200k house he pay the mortgage on to a ? apartment or the hood cuz he gotta pay child support alimony etc cuz his wife woke up wanting a divorce cuz she not happy no more.

what is your solution?

get rid of cs and alimony

what about a married couple who has 2 children and one is mentally disabled. the couple decided it would be best for one party to put off their career to help care for the child and home school. after 10 years of marriage if the working parent decided to divorce the stay at home wife or husband what happens to that person and the children

i guess there is always welfare to get that person back on their feet

The main problem is that

Child support and alimony make divorce A GOOD OPTION FOR THE PROVIDED PART OF THE COUPLE. Its not a cruch nowadays rather an SOCIALLY ACCEPTED ALTERNATIVE. Hence the DIVORCE PARTIES.

Divorce is trendy. Divorce is not frown upon. Divorce is financially great for the one who is provided.

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    edited November 2017
    Options
    https://youtu.be/sx5m-xdcbMY

Thats a TREND / TENDENCY.

@The Lonious Monk the thread is about tendencies. Neo feminism has a Wester World impact in various areas. And its start spreading in African big cities.

MGTOW is a consequence of it. Whether im conerned about it not is not a question.

Its about observing our society disfunctions and discussing about it.

• THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you build yourself up enough.....you won’t have the same female problems that other ? have. You won’t ever be worried about losing a ? because there’s a line of them waiting to take her place. Yeah you’re going to have to deal with some ? , but don’t you deal with ? in certain friend and family relationships? I mean life isn’t going to be 100% fair all the time and some of you ? are out here scared of adversity and running from a challenge. My advice is to man up, hit the gym, stay positive and build yourself back up. This Mgtow ? is for cry babies. Man up.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    If you build yourself up enough.....you won’t have the same female problems that other ? have. You won’t ever be worried about losing a ? because there’s a line of them waiting to take her place. Yeah you’re going to have to deal with some ? , but don’t you deal with ? in certain friend and family relationships? I mean life isn’t going to be 100% fair all the time and some of you ? are out here scared of adversity and running from a challenge. My advice is to man up, hit the gym, stay positive and build yourself back up. This Mgtow ? is for cry babies. Man up.

MANING UP RETHORIC. Go tell that to men and women who live in trailers and go to jail because they have to pay a crazy chunk of money to the separate one.

You know where to find them. Go tell them to man/woman up and stop yapping bruh.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    6 months ago a collegue who was acting up the same like @THIRDSUPREME got ejected from his house by his girlfriend right after the second child was born. He lives in the dorm and all his money goes to the house he wont even ? and child support.

And he is not a lone wolf in that situation.
  • sunlord
    sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

terrible advice you can do all that ? and still end up getting ? over and I am sorry but no one who has actually built something wants to see it demolished. WHAT you think building something worthwhile was easy???

people need to stop with this masochistic attitude that says that men should just suffer and keep moving, the better advice to men would be don't go into bad situations unknowingly with your heart and bank account wide open.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The divorce rate isn't even 50%. That was projected a long time ago. The 2009 census has it around 25-35% depending on your age.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    LordZuko wrote: »

You don't know what anyone's marriage is like except your own. You barely know that. You only know what your wife tells you. Any man that trusts a woman's word is foolish, women lie to themselves all the time.

You don't know anyone else's marriage all you see is the public face. You don't know that the couple married for twenty years been sleeping apart for the last ten. You don't know that the young married couple the last time his wife sucked his ? was after the honeymoon. You don't know anything besides the public face.

But we do know numbers. Stats say 50% of marriages end in divorce. 70% of those marriages are initiated by females. Those are facts. So you can quote your nursery rhyme church story all day but those are anecdotes. Little individual stories. The plural of anecdote is not data.

Yes, 50% of marriages end in divorce. So what?

What is the root cause of those divorces? What point in the marriage do those divorces happen? What stage in life were most of those people when they got married? That ? matters.

You answered your own question.

50% is the point.

For the most part, numbers don't lie.

Other than the 2 people in those failed marriages, it doesn't matter why those marriages ended in divorce...........just that they did.

The reasons for divorce can be any and every thing that you mentioned..........but, again, regardless of the reason..........it still doesn't change that 50% stat.

Nor does it change the fact that 70% of divorces are initiated by women.

Too many people think they're more special and/or unique than they really are.

They try to tell themselves, "Well, if I get married, what happened to "them" won't happen to me because I'm gonna do this, this, this and this to prevent that from happening."

Not even realizing or considering the possibility that the people in those failed marriages probably felt the same way and didn't think they were gonna get divorced either.

Let's step away from the purpose of this topic for a second to discuss numbers. You say numbers don't lie. That statement doesn't mean anything. Numbers can tell you anything you want them to if used haphazardly. Racist quote crime stats all day to try and prove the point that blacks are violent savages. By the argument you guys are making, if a racists gives a percentage for how much more violent crime blacks commit than whites, that automatically means that blacks are more violent and savage than whites. That's not true though, and why do we know it's not true, because we ask the question "Why are blacks committing crimes." When you do that you explore and find out that most of the crime is committed by poor blacks and then when you correct for socio-economic status and other factors and then account for error in the data, things look a lot different. That is the proper way to use numbers. The whole .77 wage gap myth is another example. Feminists run around saying that the work world is grossly unfair because women only get paid 77 cents for every dollar that a man gets. And everyone made a big deal out of it it. But really it's ? . Why? It's not that the claim is incorrect. It's factual. The problem is that it's deceptive to use it the way people are suggesting. When you go back and correct for things like job title, field of work, hours worked, etc... the gap shrinks down to like a 2 or 3 cents difference.

The same ? applies here. You guys keep quoting that 50%, but that's no more a useful number than black violent crime data or the wage gap data. In order to actually apply it effectively to a particular situation, you need to know what's behind it. The reasons don't change the stat. The reasons determine the applicability of the stat to your particular set of circumstances.
  • sunlord
    Options
    The divorce rate isn't even 50%. That was projected a long time ago. The 2009 census has it around 25-35% depending on your age.

That's a lot of people. 25% - 40% is a lot of people
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like I said. Life isn’t always going to be fair. If you signed that contract and failed to get a prenump then you will suffer the consequences. Marriage is a contract homie, you know good and ? damn well there’s a chance it won’t work out and if you are the primary bread winner you WILL be paying alimony. How do you avoid that? You marry a woman with a career who makes about the same as you. Child support is 20%, if you can’t afford that you’re a ? and you shouldn’t have been making babies. Your kids need that 20%. If your ex uses that 20% for dumb ? then it’s obvious you married a bird and guess what, you make bad decisions. Plenty of brothers pay child support and co parent just fine with very little problems. No, a lot of the ? isn’t fair, but if you play the game you have to play to win. If the possibility of divorce, alimony, and child support turns you off to marriage then just do not get married or sign a prenup. You need a movement to tell you that? That’s common sense.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • sunlord
    edited November 2017
    Options
    This is not like crime or the wage gap those things have a limited number of contributing factors.

In this current time The reasons why people get married and divorced are unlimited because there is something called no fault divorce. SO LITERALLY SOME PEOPLE ARE GETTING divorced for no ? reason at all
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

SO being a husband automatically makes you a mind reader and a ? fortune teller??? you sound like a deluded fool. JUST ADMIT that so far you have been lucky with A,B and C and keep it ? moving. But 50% of people have not had your luck. You should evaluate women as they are but the reality is that you don't know how she is going to be in years to come, bad outcomes for a, b or c can happen to anyone so they affect everyone including your marriage.

Don't do this bro

@sunlord

This ? will troll you in circles all day long. You are positing facts and figures his position is based on his feelings and projection.

lol Whatever you say man. I've got ~10 hours of course credit in graduate level applied statistics courses and half my job consists of taking large sets of data and using them to make statistically based conclusions and using those conclusions to inform decisions that affect projects that are in the tens of billions of dollars. I'm probably the only person in this discussion that has any reasonable level of expertise on data analysis and statistical relevance. So how the ? am I trolling when all I'm saying is that the numbers that you're quoting don't mean much in the way you're using them. How am I speaking out of feelings when I'm telling you that in practice the only way numbers like that can be applied in any useful manner is if you do some kind of root cause analysis and then apply the results of that to your own particular set of circumstances. No one with any understanding of stats would use those percentages to make the conclusions that you guys are because that would be stupid.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options

Don't do this bro

@sunlord

lol Whatever you say man. I've got ~10 hours of course credit in graduate level applied statistics courses and half my job consists of taking large sets of data and using them to make statistically based conclusions and using those conclusions to inform decisions that affect projects that are in the tens of billions of dollars. I'm probably the only person in this discussion that has any reasonable level of expertise on data analysis and statistical relevance. So how the ? am I trolling when all I'm saying is that the numbers that you're quoting don't mean much in the way you're using them. How am I speaking out of feelings when I'm telling you that in practice the only way numbers like that can be applied in any useful manner is if you do some kind of root cause analysis and then apply the results of that to your own particular set of circumstances. No one with any understanding of stats would use those percentages to make the conclusions that you guys are because that would be stupid.

Aaaan here we go with the SUPERMAN RETURNS moment : the one and only who can analyse in here...

Its not about you Clark Kent. If you were good a analysis you wouldnt reduce SOCIAL TENDENCIES TO YOURSELF AKA I, I, I

• gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtu.be/sx5m-xdcbMY

Thats a TREND / TENDENCY.

@The Lonious Monk the thread is about tendencies. Neo feminism has a Wester World impact in various areas. And its start spreading in African big cities.

MGTOW is a consequence of it. Whether im conerned about it not is not a question.

Its about observing our society disfunctions and discussing about it.

Real ? . Chick I used to work with told me she was having a divorce party. I was confused. I ain't know the ? was actually a thing.

So you're throwing yourself a party for failing at marriage?

• LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Really think about that... When you consider people's decision making, is it really that bad?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    This is not like crime or the wage gap those things have a limited number of contributing factors.

The reasons why people get married and divorced are unlimited.

Now I know you don't know what you're talking about. First of all, the reasons people get divorced are not unlimited. In fact, a lot of resources tie the majority of divorces to infidelity and financial strains. Second, both crime and wage issues are complex issues that have just as many factors contributing to the problems as divorce.

Look man, at this point, ya'll are just making up ? to try and push your agenda. Like I said, marriage ain't for everyone and nobody should feel like they need to get married to fulfill anyone else's expectations. That MGTOW ? is lame, not because they are standing up for men's rights, but because they use generalizations and poor logic to push a philosophy that's every bit as flawed as what we see from a lot of feminists. I'll leave it at that.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited November 2017
    Options

Don't do this bro

@sunlord

Aaaan here we go with the SUPERMAN RETURNS moment : the one and only who can analyse in here...

Its not about you Clark Kent. If you were good a analysis you wouldnt reduce SOCIAL TENDENCIES TO YOURSELF AKA I, I, I

Get out of your feelings. This ain't about me being some super analyst. ? are on here claiming that I'm speaking out of feelings or trolling when the past couple of pages, all I've done is point out that the way the numbers are being used is poor and not statistically sound.

I'm not the only one that can analyze data. It's not that hard a thing to do if you have the expertise. I'm just seem to be the only one here that understands that to be useful data needs to be analyzed. You dudes are basically taking the most basic of metrics and trying to use them to support these huge conclusions. That's flawed.

And nowhere have I used my situation to explain social tendencies. That's just ? you and others keep throwing out to invalidate what I'm saying. Not once have I claimed that MGTOW is lame because my marriage is good. I've specifically said that the status of my marriage has no bearing on what we're discussing here.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options

Don't do this bro

@sunlord

Get out of your feelings. This ain't about me being some super analyst. ? are on here claiming that I'm speaking out of feelings or trolling when the past couple of pages, all I've done is point out that the way the numbers are being used is poor and not statistically sound.

I'm not the only one that can analyze data. It's not that hard a thing to do if you have the expertise. I'm just the only one here that seems that useful data needs to be analyzed. You dudes are basically taking the most basic of metrics and trying to use them to support these huge conclusions. That's flawed.

And nowhere have I used my situation to explain social tendencies. That's just ? you and others keep throwing out to invalidate what I'm saying. Not once have I claimed that MGTOW is lame because my marriage is good. I've specifically said that the status of my marriage has no bearing on what we're discussing here.

One post you are THE analyst . Next post you aint.
    Im not pushing any ? , im presenting an social phenomenon so we can all discuss about it.

No need to call people fools and idiots because this and that. Bring your points and debate in calm.
    This goes out to all of us though. We have to stay civil, humble and constructive.

• sunlord
    Options

The reasons why people get married and divorced are unlimited.

Now I know you don't know what you're talking about. First of all, the reasons people get divorced are not unlimited. In fact, a lot of resources tie the majority of divorces to infidelity and financial strains. Second, both crime and wage issues are complex issues that have just as many factors contributing to the problems as divorce.

Look man, at this point, ya'll are just making up ? to try and push your agenda. Like I said, marriage ain't for everyone and nobody should feel like they need to get married to fulfill anyone else's expectations. That MGTOW ? is lame, not because they are standing up for men's rights, but because they use generalizations and poor logic to push a philosophy that's every bit as flawed as what we see from a lot of feminists. I'll leave it at that.

stop trying to apply your ? understanding of data to everything you keep trying to list the factors for divorce like it's some kind of equation but love does not work like an equation
  • sunlord
    Options
    sometimes women leave for logical reasons many times they don't it is really impossible to pin down an overall reason for divorce. The fact remains that the % is way too high so odds are you are going to get divorced.
  • sunlord
    Options

Really think about that... When you consider people's decision making, is it really that bad?

SOUNDS horrible to me. look if you are willing to live with that possibility they fine but don't go trying to disparage other men who deem the odds too risky as being lames. FOH with that shaming ? .
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    @sunlord and @The Lonious Monk what do yall think of societies who celebrate divorces by throwing parties?