Jay Z -The Blueprint 2 The Gift & The Curse Turns 15 Years Old Today...Hit Or Miss?

Options
13»

Comments

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have still never heard this LP in it's entirety btw
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Miss
    I have still never heard this LP in it's entirety btw

You didn't miss much.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    I found my copy. This thread inspired me to revisit it even though it's not the full album. Haven't heard it in years.

This my sequence:

Diamond is Forever
    Blueprint 2
    Hovi Baby
    All Around the World
    Excuse Me Miss
    Some How Some Way
    The Watcher 2
    Poppin' Tags
    Some People Hate
    Meet The Parents
    ? & Sisters
    U Don't Know RMX
    Show You How

Wow, forgot about some people hate...i had the instrumental w the hook and used to practice doing 16's with it in the whip. I taught a couple of my boys how to count bars on that ? . They were always asking me how i knew when to stop and let the hook come in when we freestyled, so I showed them, n they were like "oh, it's that simple" lol....damn. that just got me nostalgic as ? ..thanks brah
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    I REMEMBER CLEAR AS DAY HOW EVERYONE THOUGHT THIS WAS WACK ESPECIALLY COMPARED TO ? 'S SON.

Especially outside of BK if you were in NYC. People forget the hype that went into this one. He built it up for an entire year. Remember the Unplugged album's bonus track? "Blueprint 2 baby! see y'all in November".

I mean he had the audacity to name it after the classic album that he was following up with the project. People thought it would easily live up to those standards. Boy were they wrong.

This is where I think he went wrong, naming it after arguably his best album was not artistically a good move, however jay a business maaaan and knows marketing. It was a great marketing scheme to name it after his best body of work. Anyone who listened to BP went an checked it out, just off the strength of NO. BP2 seemed all over the place. But had ALOT good songs, I even ? w that kenny kravitz joint "guns n roses".
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Miss
    Matike85 wrote: »
    Jay-Z Double Album was released November 12, 2002. Is this Album considered Hit Album Or Miss Album compare to other classic Double Albums like He's The DJ I'm The Rapper,(DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince 1988) All Eyes On Me,(2Pac 1996) Life After Death, (Biggie 1997) Speakerboxx/Love Below (Outkast 2003) previously and after release?

d4p467h5fv6p.jpg

https://youtu.be/dw-ldo8sTkc
    https://youtu.be/tnDh0JhmaFw

giphy.gif

He Shoulda Came Harder After Ether nh
  • raheemclassick
    raheemclassick Members Posts: 461 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hit
    Can someone name more than 3 singles off of the 40 track Speakerboxx/Love Below"
  • wolfman91
    wolfman91 Members Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Options
    Miss
    What would the track list look like if he only made one cd with the best songs and only 11-14?tracks?
  • wolfman91
    wolfman91 Members Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Options
    Miss
    Streets Diciple was much better except I thought the "UB of Rakim" was horrible and ruined the flow of the last disk, if you took that song off on disk 2 I could listen to it all the way through but I still skip the Luda song
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wolfman91 wrote: »
    What would the track list look like if he only made one cd with the best songs and only 11-14?tracks?

I HONESTLY THINK THAT THE SONG COUNT WOULDN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE. THIS ALBUM HAD NO DIRECTION & WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE. NO FREQUENCY UPDATE CAN CHANGE THAT.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can someone name more than 3 singles off of the 40 track Speakerboxx/Love Below"

Roses
    Church
    Spread
    A Day in the Life of Benjamin Andre
    Tomb of the Boom
    Dracula's Wedding
    War
    Happy Valentine's Day
    The Way You Move

Etc.
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Miss
    5 Grand wrote: »
    trash

Don't you think calling it "trash" is unwarranted?

nah
  • raheemclassick
    raheemclassick Members Posts: 461 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hit

Roses
    Church
    Spread
    A Day in the Life of Benjamin Andre
    Tomb of the Boom
    Dracula's Wedding
    War
    Happy Valentine's Day
    The Way You Move

Etc.
    Those are your favorites, I'm talking about actual singles like, The Way You Move, Hey Ya!, Roses"
    The other two singles were Prototype and GhettoMusick, bot they didn't make any noise.
    3 tracks out of 40 SMH.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Miss
    This album is the epitome of Ohio State beating Penn State just to get blown out by Iowa the next week, he came off of the blueprint to give us this.

You have to go and make your own single disc out of a double disc, I hate to break it to you but it is Aaron Judge the second half of the season up in the count swing an a miss.

Point out the bounce...... cringe

Meet the parents “best story of all time”.....FOH.

State property Verses on whatever song that was, especially the ? acting like he was the money counter.... I was embarrassed for that ? .

Y’all out here puttin real live bonus tracks in here to inflate the good track numbers.

Most insulting part, ? ass ? had the nerve to take that classic pac song an really make it about a ? . I should have Nas holla at this ? on his birthday again. Get the heat cuzz.
  • Lefty_
    Options
    Miss
    Ain’t nobody out here makin single discs out of life after death, but it’s a hit. I love hov, but you ? sicken me.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    And that outkast double album ain't no damn classic

f4dpwhwybstw.jpg
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    All I remember off that whole thing is 1 bar....

"I get it crackin when I'm backin out the garage"

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I remember off that whole thing is 1 bar....

"I get it crackin when I'm backin out the garage"

I'm pretty sure that was from Blueprint 2.1
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Show you how to do this son
  • Lefty_
    Options
    Miss
    Little in the baggie..... Little in the purse.....