The Official 2017 NFL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21446306/nfl-investigating-allegation-tampa-bay-buccaneers-qb-jameis-winston-groped-female-uber-driver
    Report: NFL eyes Winston in groping allegation

The NFL is investigating an allegation that Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston groped a female Uber driver in March 2016, according to a report by BuzzFeed News.

The Buccaneers say they are aware of an allegation against Winston but did not provide specifics.

Buccaneers coach Dirk Koetter said at his availability Friday he was "just finding out" about the allegation and said he expects the team to release a statement later in the day.

BuzzFeed News viewed a letter it said was sent from league executive Lisa Friel to the Uber driver.

"The League has been informed that you may have been the victim of such a violation perpetrated by Tampa Bay Buccaneers player Jameis Winston," Friel wrote in the letter. "The league takes allegations of this nature very seriously and has opened an investigation into this matter."

The incident allegedly occurred in Scottsdale, Arizona, in March 2016. Winston's representative Russ Spielman denied the allegations in a statement to BuzzFeed News.

"We categorically deny this allegation," Spielman said. "It is our understanding the uber driver was unable to identify the specific individual who allegedly touched this driver inappropriately. The only reason his name is being dragged in to this is that his uber account was used to call the ride."

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say this is ? .

Hopefully it isn't true.

Seems like everytime I turn on my phone or tv someone being accused of groping, ? is going on outchea...? groping epidemic. This ? got me not wanting to even shake hands w a ? , male OR female. End up on the 5 o'clock news n ?
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21449522/jerry-jones-dallas-cowboys-apologizes-insensitive-remark
    Jerry Jones apologizes for insensitive remark

Already at the center of a well-publicized dispute with other NFL owners over contract extension talks for commissioner Roger Goodell, Jerry Jones found himself in another controversy Friday when video surfaced of him making a racially inappropriate comment in 2013.

Jones has apologized for what he said, with the Cowboys issuing the following statement on his behalf Friday: "That comment was inappropriate. It's not who I am, and I'm sorry."

The gossip website theblast.com published the video Friday.

Jones, while at the Warwick Melrose Dallas hotel in 2013, was asked by a male to congratulate his fiancee for their engagement, according to theblast.com. The longtime Cowboys owner then looked into the camera and said, "Jennifer, congratulations on the wedding. Now, you know he's with a black girl tonight, don't you?"

The Hall of Fame owner then started laughing, while the video turned to a black male laughing. Jones then turned away and exited before the video ended.

According to theblast.com, the person who shot the video shared it with some friends recently "because he thought the current temperature of race in the NFL and the country made Jones' comments relevant." The video was then sent to the website "because the individuals involved thought it was important for NFL fans to see," it said.

Longtime Cowboys great Deion Sanders spoke out in Jones' defense.

"I won't cast judgment, on one moment when a joke went south, to capture who this man represents in a lifetime commitment of love and compassion to all ethnicities," Sanders said. "He has gone beyond the call of duty of being an NFL owner for people of all ethnicities and backgrounds, and I know this to be a fact. A joke that was intended to add humor at the request of a fan in a light-hearted moment was taken totally out of intent. I'm sorry we're in this state of mind as a country, but if your looking for a racist Jerry Jones is not that guy."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiEKf8_mFig
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21449522/jerry-jones-dallas-cowboys-apologizes-insensitive-remark
    Jerry Jones apologizes for insensitive remark

Already at the center of a well-publicized dispute with other NFL owners over contract extension talks for commissioner Roger Goodell, Jerry Jones found himself in another controversy Friday when video surfaced of him making a racially inappropriate comment in 2013.

Jones has apologized for what he said, with the Cowboys issuing the following statement on his behalf Friday: "That comment was inappropriate. It's not who I am, and I'm sorry."

The gossip website theblast.com published the video Friday.

Jones, while at the Warwick Melrose Dallas hotel in 2013, was asked by a male to congratulate his fiancee for their engagement, according to theblast.com. The longtime Cowboys owner then looked into the camera and said, "Jennifer, congratulations on the wedding. Now, you know he's with a black girl tonight, don't you?"

The Hall of Fame owner then started laughing, while the video turned to a black male laughing. Jones then turned away and exited before the video ended.

According to theblast.com, the person who shot the video shared it with some friends recently "because he thought the current temperature of race in the NFL and the country made Jones' comments relevant." The video was then sent to the website "because the individuals involved thought it was important for NFL fans to see," it said.

Longtime Cowboys great Deion Sanders spoke out in Jones' defense.

"I won't cast judgment, on one moment when a joke went south, to capture who this man represents in a lifetime commitment of love and compassion to all ethnicities," Sanders said. "He has gone beyond the call of duty of being an NFL owner for people of all ethnicities and backgrounds, and I know this to be a fact. A joke that was intended to add humor at the request of a fan in a light-hearted moment was taken totally out of intent. I'm sorry we're in this state of mind as a country, but if your looking for a racist Jerry Jones is not that guy."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiEKf8_mFig

They tryna donald sterlin this dude to get him outta there lol as far as what he said??? Nah, ? is reachin, corny and stupid joke sure but i aint bout to say it was straight racist
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Commercial Break

I want this under my tree
  • purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kam chancellor done
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    purpngold wrote: »
    kam chancellor done

Earl Thomas is the last one left.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOB ain't the same
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good ? Pittsburgh

Don't know why you saying that y'all ain't winning ?
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    Hope that isn't true but Winston seems like a weirdo.

That "i want to eat the W" stunt was way out there.

By far the most odd pre game speech I ever heard and seen. ? was weird
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Commercial Break

Gotdamn look at all those bumps on the ? of her ass
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Commercial Break

Gotdamn look at all those bumps on the ? of her ass

This ? .....
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Watching this Rosen vs Darnold matchup since they’re saying we’re gonna take one of them. I want Baker Mayfield though...Darnold would be like my 4th choice behind Mayfield, Jackson and Rosen
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Must not gave been a black club. Goons would be made that big ? act right.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with Marshall. Cowboys winning the division is laughable.
  • Lowercase_G
    Lowercase_G Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Options
    These are the cleats Jalen Ramsey will be wearing today

9xf8lp1z6325.jpg

Deshone Kizer gonna throw 5 INTs today because of these cleats lol
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good ? Pittsburgh

Don't know why you saying that y'all ain't winning ?

My dude who is yall?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any avi bets on the Vikings/Rams???

I think it’s ? time for Goff.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ima need the Rams to get this W today
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭