• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Farhood: Mayweather Struggles With Spence, Crawford, Thurman
    Showtime Boxing's broadcast analyst, Steve Farhood, believes at this point former five division world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. would struggle against the very best fighters in the welterweight division.

Mayweather, 40 years old, snapped a two-year retirement back in August - to fight UFC superstar Conor McGregor, who was making his pro debut.

McGregor did well in the first three to four rounds, but he was broken down and stopped in the tenth round.

The victory over McGregor raised Mayweather's record to a perfect 50-0, which allowed him to break the undefeated record of heavyweight great Rocky Marciano.

Mayweather, who retired following the contest, received a lot of heat for the fight.

Most fans and experts felt that he should have faced a top level fighter to reach a 50-0 record.

But Farhood explains that there simply wasn't enough money to face a top level boxer - when Mayweather stood to earn well over $100 million for a much easier fight against McGregor.

"I think he’s in an unusual position and I say that because the average fighter would ? for a $30 million dollar pay day, that’s money that Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter or Terence Crawford could very well never see, but for Floyd, a $30 million dollar pay day just doesn’t turn him on. The McGregor fight was perfect for him because he was basically against a guy who had never fought before and he was handed somewhere between $100 and $200 million dollars. That’s not going to happen against any boxer we know," Farhood told On The Ropes Boxing Radio.

And if he did take a pass on McGregor and fought a boxer on the level of a Keith Thurman, Terence Crawford or Errol Spence - Farhood believes the former pound-for-pound king would struggle in the right.

"I think he probably struggles against the very best, against Keith Thurman, Terence Crawford or Errol Spence. I don’t think it’s as easy as it used to be. Floyd is a fighter who relies a lot on reflexes and on his athletic ability, and just a very small diminishment in his skills could really affect him. We saw with Oscar De La Hoya and Roy Jones, when these fighters who are superior athletes lose that half second of timing, it can bode very badly for them," Farhood said.

"I think we may be at that point with Mayweather — it’s a little difficult to tell strictly from the McGregor fight, but he is forty and there’s nothing to say that he couldn’t lose that half second in reflex time, and I think there’s a good chance that that’s happened."

http://www.boxingscene.com/farhood-mayweather-struggles-with-spence-crawford-thurman--122467

What say you boxing fans?

If he doesn't get caught, I say Floyd could win on points against Thurman & Porter because they have stamina issues. Spence & Crawford would cause problems for Floyd tho. And

In what fight or fights did this happen in? I don't remember Porter ever having stamina problems

You right. I meant Thurman and Spence. Porter & Crawford would give Floyd issue. Porter reminds me of a more physical Mosley.

That's not what you meant either

7ih5xtzh04v3.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    Lmao c'mon son can't be using females gifs old two snaps and a circle ass ?

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/jackson-virgil-hunter-taken-sergey-kovalev-? --122490
    Jackson: Virgil Hunter Wouldn't Have Taken Sergey Kovalev's ?
    By Keith Idec

NEW YORK – John David Jackson never believed Sergey Kovalev was serious about hiring Virgil Hunter as his new trainer.

Kovalev revealed before choosing Abror Tursunpulatov as Jackson’s replacement that he was considering working with Hunter, who helped prepare Andre Ward to defeat Kovalev twice. Hunter had expressed interest in becoming Kovalev’s trainer, despite all of the bad blood between their camps before and after the former light heavyweight champion’s two losses to Ward.

After working with Kovalev for several years, Jackson knew the demanding, no-nonsense Hunter wouldn’t work well with Kovalev.

“If Virgil would’ve taken him, that would’ve been stupid of Virgil,” Jackson told BoxingScene.com recently. “Sergey doesn’t listen to you at all. If Virgil works with you, you’re gonna listen to Virgil. He’s not gonna take that ? . I knew that would’ve been a mistake right there. [Kovalev] wants to run his whole show. I know whoever he got, he would run the show however he wants it. He doesn’t want someone who can teach him. He wants someone he can dictate to.”

Jackson thinks Kovalev found just that type of trainer in Tursunpulatov, who is preparing Kovalev for his return to the ring November 25. That’s when Kovalev (30-2-1, 26 KOs) will square off against Ukraine’s Vyacheslav Shabranskyy (19-1, 16 KOs) for the vacant WBO light heavyweight title in a fight HBO will televise from The Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York.

Kathy Duva, whose company promotes Kovalev, and Egis Klimas, Kovalev’s manager, have expressed recently that their fighter has learned from previous camp mistakes and has taken a different approach to this training camp. Jackson doesn’t believe that’s possible because the Russian knockout artist is so stubborn.

“He wants to dictate everything in his camp,” Jackson said. “That’s all he wants. That’s the kind of guy he is. That’s why I told another reporter, whoever [works] with Sergey, get a contract. I guarantee you he’s paying these guys less money. He’s paying them what he wants to pay them. That’s why he picked who he picked.”
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/artur-beterbiev-sergey-kovalev-eager-settle-their-old-dispute--122511

Beterbiev is ready to unify and fight all the other champions RIGHT NOW (making clear he has no preference between Bivol Dmitry, Sergey Kovalev or Adonis Stevenson).

If Kovalev wins his upcoming fight this month, we could very well have Beterbiev vs Kovalev.

All you ? hatin' on my boy, be prepared to put your money up...

@JLacey
    @? _Caesar
    @buttuh_b

and whoever else wanna lose they ? . I'm taking Beterbiev over everyone else at 175.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol throw 50 on Kov. ain'ti ain't losing 100 on a fight I don't care about lol. But I will take 50
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    http://www.boxingscene.com/artur-beterbiev-sergey-kovalev-eager-settle-their-old-dispute--122511

Beterbiev is ready to unify and fight all the other champions RIGHT NOW (making clear he has no preference between Bivol Dmitry, Sergey Kovalev or Adonis Stevenson).

If Kovalev wins his upcoming fight this month, we could very well have Beterbiev vs Kovalev.

@JLacey
    @? _Caesar
    @buttuh_b

and whoever else wanna lose they ? . I'm taking Beterbiev over everyone else at 175.

he should drill kovalev but bivol beats him. so does Adonis
  • Mastery
    edited November 2017
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

@JLacey
    @? _Caesar
    @buttuh_b

Tough talk from someone who won't put his money up.
    FOH you well done steak eating punk haha
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@JLacey
    @? _Caesar
    @buttuh_b

FOH you well done steak eating punk haah

ha ha,love u 2,b
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mastery
    Options
    Anthony Dirrel should be fighting right now on Fox Sports 1.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options

@JLacey
    @? _Caesar
    @buttuh_b

That’s the only way to eat a steak. And that dirrell fight was terrible. Accidental headbutt ending. Trash
  • Mastery
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »

@JLacey
    @? _Caesar
    @buttuh_b

That’s the only way to eat a steak. And that dirrell fight was terrible. Accidental headbutt ending. Trash

Take this accidental headbutt ? haha

mirtny7raz0d.gif
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall ain´t catch that jrock fight yesterday vs ishe smith?! ? was a war!!!
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bounce tv, I aint got it...who won?
  • international
    Options

Bounce tv, I aint got it...who won?

Jrock, fight was closer than what the judges scored it tho...
  • international
    Options
    Haye injured bicep in freak accident, Belew fight postponed...Fury offers to fight instead!!

https://youtu.be/CPxdF8PyvrI
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of my all time fav fightin in a few..Bad Chad...
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo no promo for that Rigo Loma fight...? less than a month away....I aint hearING ?
  • Mastery
    Options
    Yo no promo for that Rigo Loma fight...? less than a month away....I aint hearING ?

Rigo said as much a few weeks back lol
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh thats a pure boxers fight

No casual fan is going to be interested
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Miguel Cotto should not make the Hall of Fame

We just can't overlook Margarito taking his heart
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes the ? we can

That ? Margarito got caught with bricks in his gloves

Margarito career and that fight in particular has a big ass asterik over it

Who knows how long he had been using that ?

Cotto went up against solid competition throughout his career

And held his own for the most part

? bruises worse than a ?

But hes allowed in
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh thats a pure boxers fight

No casual fan is going to be interested

It still should be promoted. Since its not being promoted ? are either fighter paying their promoters for. Cause to me right now the promoters not doing their jobs.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options

Fully loaded Margarito?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? yourself B

if you really look at the fight.. he beat the ? out of Margarito.. they beat the ? out of each other.. but.. Margs had cement in his hand.. Miguel Cotto is a no doubt HOF'er .. anything you are saying about this fight is irrelevant in the grand scheme of a hall of fame career