Official 2017-2018 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Donovan Mitchell the latest name on Embiids trolling list. Kid is a good player tho
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    Even if Simmons never develops a reliable jumper he will be an elite player

Cant nobody stop him from getting to the rim. Even when contested hes really good at finishing in the zone with both hands

I'm not one to make wild claims but hes already an elite player to me. Hes a rookie so there might be a drop off but if he plays like this the whole season, hes an elite player to me. Its not just the numbers, hes adding wins to the record. Dudes a walking miss match, no team got anyone for him.

But with that said, the jumper will make him a generational player.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good bounce back win. Answered every Jazz run with toughness. I want THAT consistency.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This guy Blake really threw in the towel
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Philly going struggle next year when JJ walks

Struggle might even be too strong but they won't take the next step like a lot of talking heads gon expect

They did give the ? 23 mil...maybe he'll reward them and finish there
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OKC's offense is disgusting

• Beta
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Wtf give Paul George the ball man
  • Beta
    Options
    Marcus smart 2-11 lol on a night where the celtics bench aint do nothin against the mavs
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good bonce back game from them Caw Caw's. We gotta cut down them horrible ass turnovers. Rondo and Allen is definitely influencing the game for us.
  • Beta
    Options
    Fire Billy Donovan before it gets worse
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

Struggle might even be too strong but they won't take the next step like a lot of talking heads gon expect

KCP
    Avery Bradley
    Lou Williams
    Nick Young
    Tyreke Evans
    Seth Curry
    Zach Lavine (rfa)
    Rodney Hood (rfa)
    Ian Clark
    Kyle Anderson (rfa)
    Patrick McCaw (rfa)

SG's that are free agents after this season. If JJ bounces that's a lot of money to throw at some free agents. JJ is the better shooter but he can be replaced at a cheaper price and with younger players. I'm not too concerned about floor spacing at the moment. Still got Fultz on the squad. Would love to steal Lavine from Chicago.

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why smart shot 10 3s u cant be shooting your squad out the game from the bench
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • AZTG
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Agreed. Though its early in the season and I really dont think a good coach is out there, they gotta try something.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »

Agreed. Though its early in the season and I really dont think a good coach is out there, they gotta try something.

Why are y'all reacting so fast too things? Let them figure it out before drastic changes are made.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

KCP
    Avery Bradley
    Lou Williams
    Nick Young
    Tyreke Evans
    Seth Curry
    Zach Lavine (rfa)
    Rodney Hood (rfa)
    Ian Clark
    Kyle Anderson (rfa)
    Patrick McCaw (rfa)

SG's that are free agents after this season. If JJ bounces that's a lot of money to throw at some free agents. JJ is the better shooter but he can be replaced at a cheaper price and with younger players. I'm not too concerned about floor spacing at the moment. Still got Fultz on the squad. Would love to steal Lavine from Chicago.

Only realistic options imo KCP and Tyreke

Neither does what Redick does

Either way I don't think they'll take a step back, they just not going take a step forward
  • AZTG
    Options
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    AZTG wrote: »

Why are y'all reacting so fast too things? Let them figure it out before drastic changes are made.

Usually I would agree. But if you watch OKC, its not like they have good offensive stretches where you can say that they are figuring it out. They legit have no offense scheme and instead its just a bunch of contested shots from all 3 stars. And they are only gonna be together for 1 season. So with that said, its better to try to go all out to try and right the ship.
  • Beta
    Options
    lol these niggs lost in OT..

I guess we gotta end the streak then
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Order is restored! 5-game winning streak!
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol these niggs lost in OT..

I guess we gotta end the streak then

We shocking the world on Wednesday
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fire billy donovan? I guess. But it's rusell westbrook. I been saying for years on here he allen iverson 2.0
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

KCP
    Avery Bradley
    Lou Williams
    Nick Young
    Tyreke Evans
    Seth Curry
    Zach Lavine (rfa)
    Rodney Hood (rfa)
    Ian Clark
    Kyle Anderson (rfa)
    Patrick McCaw (rfa)

Only realistic options imo KCP and Tyreke

Neither does what Redick does

Either way I don't think they'll take a step back, they just not going take a step forward

Your forgetting about the internal growth of their young players. They have a ton of prospects that are still just getting their feet wet. Another year and some playoff experience will do them some good. Plus they still have a coaching move to make which would also help them. Oh and another lottery pick via LAL plus their own pick.
    I think they will take a major step forward next year if Embid doesn't fall apart. I would use one of those picks on an 5 as an insurance policy