The Official Documentary Thread

Options
_Goldie_
_Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
Post your favorite or worth checking out documentaries...

Award winning classic..

4 Horsemen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fbvquHSPJU

Havent watched this one yet, just seen it posted on one of the documentary channels Im subscribed to...

Synopsis : Have you ever wondered why we haven't returned to the moon again? The truth is that NASA is hiding a very dark secret from us.
Is there an "Alien Base" on the Moon? More and more people are coming forward with stories that might prove this is true. Rumors say that there is an Alien Moon Base on the far side of the moon, the side we never see from Earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioMYMfTSX1E

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deliver us From Evil

Documentary about the catholic church and a priest who was accused of molestation several times, but was never put in jail and the church instead moved him around to different cities where the accusations would continue.

Capturing the Friedmans

Documentary about a family who was accused of molesting kids in their home while they ran a computer lab in the early 80's. Starts off making you think they were wrongfully accused, but then about halfway through a bomb is dropped that makes you not think that.

Botany of Desire

Documentary about 4 plants that are desired by humans and the role they have played throughout history. Tulips, Apples, Marijuana, and something else i dont remember.

Food Inc.

Documentary about the food industry.

Super High Me

Comedian Doug Benson quits smoking weed for 30 days, takes a physical/different health tests, then smokes marijuana heavily for the next 30 days and retakes the tests. Some results might shock you. Pretty funny.

Art of Rap

Ice T doing a documentary about hip hop culture. Interviews a lot of great Emcees.

• The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Facing Ali - Muhammad Ali documentary with interviews from 10 of the opponents he faced discussing the fights and ali.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    The Secret History Of Hacking - Documentary
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_s2vQpCLHE

The Secret History of Hacking is a documentary film that focuses on phreaking, computer hacking and social engineering occurring from the 1970s through to the 1990s. Archive footage concerning the subject matter and (computer generated) graphical imagery specifically created for the film are voiced over with narrative audio commentary, intermixed with commentary from people who in one way or another have been closely involved in these matters.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Documentary called "The Real Rocky" about the boxer who inspired rocky apparently. Only watched a little bit late last night but it was cool. Some white dude who damn near went 15 rounds with Ali. Cant remember his name for the life of me.

Real Superheroes - This is a documentary about people who are pretty much copying "Kick Ass" They dress up in suits, have code names, and go look for crime in the streets. A lot of people form teams. A lot more "heroes" than i'd have thought.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Food Inc was real eye opening
  • _Goldie_
    Options
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bumping. Im sure there has been more than one thread about this in the past. but this is the one I could find

i love documentaries.. but outside of some 30 for 30s havent seen that many recently
  • JusDre313
    Options
    last couple i watched was, nothing recent but the last few to stick out

qgau85oqmv0h.jpg

a year on the Ice, good doc about folks living and working there during the winter season.. visuals are dope

65whq0id6xl5.jpg

atari game over. the story about the death of Atari, i liked it, mad informal if the atari was before your time

• JusDre313
    Options
    0rxfyuaoaa6p.jpg

i like it, bascially he goes around the world and finds things.. ? simple things that other first world nations do they as Americans should adopt to improve ourselves..

i d/l this. recommended in the "what i recently watched thread" will be checking for it, about the LA riots

n2vgml7bryez.jpg

• JusDre313
    Options
    add. what Docs yall washing ?
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Yall need to watch this on Netflix. ? Mind blowing.

MV5BMTExMDc5NjQyMjJeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDEzMzkyODIy._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

About a amatuer bike racer who wants to start trying to use steroids after Lance Armstrong got busted and see how he does compared to his previous races.

He asks docs to help him dose and come up with a program so that he wont test positive, and he eventually gets suggested to contact a russian Scientist. He meets with the scientist via skype who begins helping him form a program for dosing steroids and a exercise regimen. This Scientist was involved with the Russian olympics team for years.

Time goes on, Russian Scientist ends up getting involved in the biggest reveal in sporting history, then the director has to help him fight the case.

I dont want to give too much info on it, but i promise you it is a much watch. ? amazing.
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I highly recommend hypernormalisation. The man who made it has access to all the BBC archives and he basically explains how the world has reached the stage it is in.
    9op3l7hhebgq.jpg