Happy Birthday Ice Cube's Lethal Injection

Options
genocidecutter
genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
51hAtxeNEaL.jpg

Lethal Injection is the fourth studio album by California-based rapper Ice Cube. Similar to the rapper's previous albums, it was a commercial hit, debuting at #5 on the Billboard 200 with 215,000 copies sold in its first week. However, it was heavily criticized for what many saw as Cube's pandering to gangsta rap, and toning down of the socio-political content found on his earlier efforts. The album's standing has increased over time. It includes the popular singles; "You Know How We Do It", and the Funkadelic-sampling "Bop Gun (One Nation)", which became a staple on MTV.

1. "The Shot (Intro)" Sir Jinx 0:55
2. "Really Doe" Derrick McDowell, Lay Law 4:28
3. "Ghetto Bird" QDIII 3:50
4. "You Know How We Do It" QDIII 3:52
5. "Cave ? " Brian G 4:18
6. "Bop Gun (One Nation)" (featuring George Clinton) Ice Cube, QDIII 11:17
7. "What Can I Do?" 88 X Unit 4:39
8. "Lil Ass Gee" Sir Jinx 4:04
9. "Make It Ruff, Make It Smooth" (featuring K-Dee) QDIII 4:23
10. "Down For Whatever" Madness 4 Real 4:40
11. "Enemy" Madness 4 Real 4:50
12. "When I Get to Heaven" Brian G 5:04
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mnYX3CnU4g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjsvqQUcqCs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzRqEWJYwX4

Comments

• JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    “I’m still in my PJs, he’s in a Turtleneck sweater...and we Down for Whatever.”

Yeah, this is when he started tryna get into G-Funk and ? and got away from that ? uptempo sound he always had...One of my fave albums though.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cave ? is one of the most hilarious songs ever made but still spitting true ? at the same time
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last decent ? he ever put out. You Know How We Do It is a classic.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the album of my youth
  • marc123
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Damn! Bolded made me google cubes discography. Wow, lookin at it. ur right. Its crazy tho, cuz as much as a legend as cube is. His last dope solo cd was dropped in 93. Let that settle in.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »

Damn! Bolded made me google cubes discography. Wow, lookin at it. ur right. Its crazy tho, cuz as much as a legend as cube is. His last dope solo cd was dropped in 93. Let that settle in.

That's how strong his first four albums are.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    damn good album. ? would be a certified classic for anybody else. but being a top 5 mc is a blessing and a curse. cube's work with nwa and his first 4 solo albums were so ? good that lethal injection, which would be a goat album for anyone not named oshea jackson, was the beginning of his decline.

pac was headlining a new generation. snoop, nas, outkast and the wu were on their way to becoming legends and cube's time at the top was ending. friday came out the next year and cube took over hollywood. he took the game in a new direction just before the music passed him by. its hard to see a legend go out like a lame (krs-1) but cube got out just in time and became an even bigger legend on the big screen. lethal injection was his last dope album but cube didnt have to make music anymore after friday.
  • Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    exxgruc64hdi.jpg

That Ice Cube album cover rumor to be a diss to Eazy E before they reconcile.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unpopular opinion but this my favorite Cube album

Came back the west coast funk sound
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options

I was a Cube fan between Straight Outta Compton and Death Certificate but he lost me between Predator and Lethal Injection.

How was that Westside Connection album?
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember the night this came out.. Me and my brother was listening to it in his Pontiac fiero on our way to watch Mike and scottie put it down and the United center.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

I was a Cube fan between Straight Outta Compton and Death Certificate but he lost me between Predator and Lethal Injection.

Smh
    #shutthefuckup5grand
    We need to get this hashtag trending already.
  • skpjr78
    edited November 2017
    Options

How can you claim to be an Ice Cube fan then say he lost you on Predator? Predator and Death Certificate were his best two albums and they came right behind each other. Death Certificate predicted the 92 riots and Preadotr explained why. Predator was the continuation of Death Certificate. How in the hell can like one and not the other? ? are you talking about?
    #ShutTheFuckUp5Grand
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Smh
    #shutthefuckup5grand
    skpjr78 wrote: »

How can you claim to be an Ice Cube fan then say he lost you on Predator? Predator and Death Certificate were his best two albums and they came right behind each other. Death Certificate predicted the 92 riots and Preadotr explained why. Predator was the continuation of Death Certificate. How in the hell can like one and not the other? ? are you talking about?
    #ShutTheFuckUp5Grand

So nobody's gonna comment on the Westside Connection album?
  • skpjr78
    Options

Smh
    #shutthefuckup5grand

#ShutTheFuckUp5Grand

So nobody's gonna comment on the Westside Connection album?

#ShutTheFuckUp5Grand
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U got to beliiieeve in somethin..

Why not believe in me?
  • skpjr78
    edited November 2017
    Options

Why not believe in me?
    ...and who the ? are you?
  • marc123
    Options

Why not believe in me?

To g or not to g is the question?
  • skpjr78
    Options

Why not believe in me?

To g or not to g is the question?

And like Smith told Wesson I'm shady with a .380 old school diploma. I'll leave that ass in a coma..
  • marc123
    Options
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh, airtime I hear that song it makes me want to get in a old school, ride under the city lights and jus cruise. ? is smooth as a fool!!

• skpjr78
    edited November 2017
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »

Bruh, airtime I hear that song it makes me want to get in a old school, ride under the city lights and jus cruise. ? is smooth as a fool!!
    And the remix was even harder

https://youtu.be/dtroBA7B_VQ

Whenever an album as good as this one can be considered substandard you know you are dealing with an epic mc. If Lethal Injection was a WC, Kam or Mac 10 album it would have been considered the highlight of their career. Only Ice Cube could drop an album this solid and have it rated a 3/5. His run from Eazy Does It - Predator is unparalleled.

1. Pac
    2. Rakim
    3. Cube
    4. 3 Stacks
    5. Scarface