Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pachá12 wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Hell Rell getting knocked out
    Juelz teeth knocked out
    Camron getting bodied by a ? who was dancing in Brandy's video

You know what's ? up ? Karma caught up to Cam....

Fast forward to last 2 years, Dipset break up & Jim goes on Hot 97 & airs out all the ? . Jim comes out looking like the most loyal. The dips finally make amends & we get a crackhead washed version of Juelz, Cam gets sonned.

Jay-Z told us about this ? a decade ago..... The video at the Ruckers, 50 Cent ethering dude/hot summer, Dipset members talking about Cam being shoddy, & now this. The problem is that Cam is an idiot he played himself & squandered not just his but his whole squad's comeback.

Mase choosing not to clap back all those years ago means he looked down on Cam & never took him serious to begin with. He was prolly happy to see another Harlem brother come up & win. Then finally was like "? it". We laughed at Mase all these years only to watch him get the last laugh. My ? he played the ? outta Cam even with the tweets.

This is dumb Mase left the game and became a pastor that’s why he didn’t respond, when he came back it was supposed to be all positive and no one cared and that was what 12-13 years ago? Since then I bet you couldn’t name one track or feature or anything Mase has done because no one cared, now this track drops and you act like he never left foh

To be fair, Ma$e was back to rapping in the mid 2000's and DipSet was still at his head.Then he gets with G-Unit which was the home of rap beef. Jumped on a diss track about Game, why not Cam? I was never bothered by Ma$e not responding, but he had plenty of opportunities to get at them.

Yea I remember

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vNey0PR46F4

And not one person cared

That joint and that Lean Back remix w/ him and Em got plenty of play.

Was it 97 again, no. But saying no one cared is ? .
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everyday Struggle breaks it down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqIMdNfe9rI

@23:00 and on is perfect representation of generation gap of older generation and younger generation on how they view Ma$e,Akademiks did not Ma$e was that nice smh.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @rawace get out ya feelings boy
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    We all can be a prisoner of the moment sometimes but some of yall need to slow down man

Like my man right here
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    ? acting like Ma$e aint drop a album that can be put into GOAT album conversation.

giphy.gif

"With all this money that we can make,
    Why y'all cats wanna playa hate?"

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chi Snow wrote: »
    How old is this? Nvrmnd, sounds current af

Well, can’t say he didn’t spaz out

balling like kyrie in boston.

like three years old
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Nggas postin harlem world videos lol

NONE of you ? was checkin for mase before this diss FOH

"Tommy, there's some jealous guys in our town...... EW WOO WOO WOO WOOOOO"

Mop >>>>>> Mase
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just listened to Cams response... Y'all really saying that was wack?
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    LPast wrote: »

Give me a quotable.
  • victory_kid
    victory_kid Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »

It isn't "wack" IMO, but definitely not a great response. He obviously rushed it just to reply for the sake of replying.

Which was a bad decision, Ma$e's diss track isn't something to be taken lightly, dude completely went off shooting. Cam's breddrins should have told him "yo sit this out, take your time, craft and pen it wisely".

I did say he shouldn't pull a Meek, but 24hr response with ? we already know and terrible mixing will have you be looking funny out here.
  • victory_kid
    victory_kid Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In this day and age you damn bear gotta have a verse ready for everybody.

Same ones that were complaining that cam was taking to long to respond are the same ones take are saying he shouldn't have rushed it.

Meek only waited 4 days and then back to back dropped.

We live in a ADHD generation that wants responses immediately. Thats kinda hard when you're famous with a busy schedule.

For a diss you really have to sit down and think about what you can use against them. That takes more than an hour.

After reading my posts, it does contradicts what I am saying. Let me clarify what I meant by "pulling a Meek".

Meek was tweeting and poking fun at Drake for Charged Up. Drake hits him with Back 2 Back, Meek releases a subpar diss track with a bunch of excuses, this, that and the third. That's history.

Now with Cam'Ron, I said if he doesn't reply, or releases a subpar diss then Ma$e drowned him (in response to the baptizing joke).

If we are being technical, Ma$e took 15+ years to respond on wax. Had Cam'Ron took his time and responded say after touring, for example, I wouldn't hold it against him, but rather judge the quality of the track, as we all should.

A 24hr/couple days response only tells me you are ready and locked in.
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    I'll say it again.. Mase been nice... Where the hell you ? been? Cams diss wasn't wack. If you really listen he was spitting.. It's just the beat and the mix isn't up to the standard we are used to from Cam.. The surprise about how nice mase is has me baffled.. Similar to those that are surprised that Jay Z wrote still Dre. How you call your self a hip hop head and don't know these facts?

a lot of folk on here are young.. like in they 20s... they were babies in 97. also folk are sheep in regards to popularity... they hear mase and automatically think shiny suit soft ? etc... while never hearing his mixtapes children of the corn or full albums. He is all those Harlem mcs father. along with kanye and fab. Jay also bit that mans flo.anyway for me it was refreshing to see him show he still got it.

No excuse. In my 20's too.

Researched all that was before me when limewire came out.

That's like not knowing about bob marley because you weren't born in the 60's

u the minority homie also add in regionism...mase was hot when i was in 11th and 12 grade. if u was born in the 90s u were playing with toys when he was murda mase. u didnt address the popularity sheep part of my post

I admit my earliest memory of mase on tv was mo money mo problems and been around the world. Older siblings were bad boy stans.

And yes people are sheep. It's the same way how everybody started ? with drake after he killed meek.

Before that everybody including women were sonning him. Remember "drake is the type of ? " and so and so.

After that he was the MVP and everybody was on drakes nuts and meek was a punching bag

been saying ? dude & never ? with dude
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    In this day and age you damn bear gotta have a verse ready for everybody.

Same ones that were complaining that cam was taking to long to respond are the same ones take are saying he shouldn't have rushed it.

Meek only waited 4 days and then back to back dropped.

We live in a ADHD generation that wants responses immediately. Thats kinda hard when you're famous with a busy schedule.

For a diss you really have to sit down and think about what you can use against them. That takes more than an hour.

After reading my posts, it does contradicts what I am saying. Let me clarify what I meant by "pulling a Meek".

Meek was tweeting and poking fun at Drake for Charged Up. Drake hits him with Back 2 Back, Meek releases a subpar diss track with a bunch of excuses, this, that and the third. That's history.

Now with Cam'Ron, I said if he doesn't reply, or releases a subpar diss then Ma$e drowned him (in response to the baptizing joke).

If we are being technical, Ma$e took 15+ years to respond on wax. Had Cam'Ron took his time and responded say after touring, for example, I wouldn't hold it against him, but rather judge the quality of the track, as we all should.

A 24hr/couple days response only tells me you are ready and locked in.

And I bet Cam forgot about a lot of stuff . You know when how you say some dumb ? and then later after the argument you thought of a good comeback?

No matter how witty you are, its hard to respond fast without getting brain freeze or writers block after a diss as soul snatching as ether or oracle.

Game is the only one I can think of that responds fast with hard disses. But then again he seems like the type to have wrote the verse prior to your beef.
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just realize Charlemagne is a ? sometimes. He played the “I don’t really care” route. It’s obvious he don’t ? with mase because mase tried to press him. He came off as biased. It’s just mase’s Diss was so good that it can’t be denied
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Charlamagne was acting like a diva when it comes to Mase.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Battling in hip hop is like roasting back in grade school. Although, you might not ever get in a roasting session with a particular person but it's wise to have your jokes ready in advance just in case, the opportunity strikes. KRS used to have diss tracks already written before any beef ignite

sometimes it dont matter tho cuz of popularity and reputation... in school u could say the same joke and the funny ? but he got laughs and u didn't lol
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    i usually dont ? with @Tommy bilfiger like that but hes right to an extent. nobody was checking for mase like that. i always knew he was nice but hes been gone for some time now. him dropping this is just a reminder.

its ok to be like " damn i forgot how nice this ? is/was." im from and still live in Harlem and it just sounded like a breath of fresh air. i could never get into dipset because of the whole blood gang and wearing pink ? . i just couldnt relate. but to be honest, mase is better than cam and his prime was WAY bigger than camrons
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I really dont like some of these radio personalities you know.

this Ebro guy man. Anyway, Ma$e handled himself well tho