The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    On the contrary I don't think comic book writers quite get what it takes to make a movie. Geoff Johns kinda showing himself there. I'd like Timm and Dini cause they already proved to understand how to adapt these characters for a general audience and also to tell serialized tales with them in a cinematic medium. Seems like a no brainer.

They need people with film experience who GET these characters. Right now they have people with film experience who don't get these characters and comic book people who don't get the medium of film and media with mass audience appeal.
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    one who works on tv doesnt always work on screen. Berlanti rocks the CW verse but he ? up green lantern. Matter of fact, now that I see it, GL did have a lot of CW-ish scenes, like Hal and going to dance with blake lively right after getting the ring. ? kinda ? is that??
  • matches malone
    Options
    im curious about what dini could do with live action though. Has he ever done anything non-cartoon?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Geoff johns hasn't really done anything with the movies yet. his first hands on movie will be aqua man. justice league was already in production when wb gave him the title.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Geoff johns hasn't really done anything with the movies yet. his first hands on movie will be aqua man. justice league was already in production when wb gave him the title.

And WW was in post production
  • nujerz84
    Options
    one who works on tv doesnt always work on screen. Berlanti rocks the CW verse but he ? up green lantern. Matter of fact, now that I see it, GL did have a lot of CW-ish scenes, like Hal and going to dance with blake lively right after getting the ring. ? kinda ? is that??

Don't Blame Greg Berlanti For Green Lantern Movie Failure

For fans of the DC TV series, Arrow, The Flash, DC's Legends Of Tomorrow and Supergirl, you may have been left scratching your head wondering why those shows are so good while the Green Lantern movie was a failure.

Greg Berlanti is the showrunner of the DC TV series (and might direct the Booster Gold movie) and is credited as a writer and producer on the Green Lantern movie.

So what happened?

Berlanti offers to THR that he is not to blame for Green Lantern as he didn't have much to do with the final version of the film. Berlanti's script wasn't used, and he says he basically had to just go to the set and watch them ruin the movie as he was "fired."

I've had a lot of stuff not work on TV, too. I've had as much failure in this business as I've had success, across both spectrums. We can count pillows! (Laughs.) But Green Lantern is a great one to point to. I got fired from that movie as a writer and as a director, and yet my name was all over it. I still get blamed for it, even though I had nothing to do with the finished product. As Marc Guggenheim always says, there's a very Google-able script that we did write that was not executed that I still stand by. But at the time, I thought, "Oh ? , that noose will hang around my neck my whole life."

My only request [when we started on Arrow] was to let us do it our way because I was so heartbroken by what had happened. Being a part of something like that when you've loved those characters your whole life, and thinking you're not going to really get a chance to participate before you even start was very [tough]. Having to go every day to see whatever version of the film that they'd concocted at that point was a bit like having to buckle in and go drive to the same auto accident every day and get hit by the same car.

The 2011 Green Lantern movie finished with a worldwide gross of $219 million, with $116.6 million of that from the U.S. It's opening U.S. weekend saw over $53 million.

WB is currently rebooting Green Lantern in their new Justice League movie universe. The Green Lantern Corps movie has a 2020 release date.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • matches malone
    Options
    film looks closer to the comics and the arkham games. And Joe looks completely transformed into the character. But TV is decent too.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Mangianello's dye job and eyepatch look funny. Bennett's eyepatch looks like the one from the comics.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Watching MOS the special effects especially in beginning for planet Krypton is great with cgi technology today how do you get worse?
  • Broddie
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Watching MOS the special effects especially in beginning for planet Krypton is great with cgi technology today how do you get worse?

Zack Snyder was actually involved with the post-production on Man of Steel. Since it wasn't rushed he actually had time to oversee the effects process.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Yalan Gur is the Green Lantern who appears in the movie
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Zack Snyder was actually involved with the post-production on Man of Steel. Since it wasn't rushed he actually had time to oversee the effects process.

Definitely one of my favorite shots was that intro with the everybody knows that was vintage Snyder directing. Joss and Zach are night an day I really want to see Snysers directors cut.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

Definitely one of my favorite shots was that intro with the everybody knows that was vintage Snyder directing. Joss and Zach are night an day I really want to see Snysers directors cut.

Yea that scene kept me captive...

Movie was not as bad as the critic's made it out to be. I enjoyed it and trying to see it again...

Could of done without the dark colors to Aquaman and the flash suits..but

Movie was pretty good.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh a ? moustache and beard from Henry Cavill ruined his appearance in JL? Cos Paramount Studios and Warner Bros. couldn't agree terms? In this day and age of advanced make up, prosthetics and CGI?

Unbelievable
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Bruh a ? moustache and beard from Henry Cavill ruined his appearance in JL? Cos Paramount Studios and Warner Bros. couldn't agree terms? In this day and age of advanced make up, prosthetics and CGI?

Unbelievable

Paramount being ? more than anything else.

There was a break in filming ( which has just resumed recently) when Cruise got injured, around the time of JL reshoots, theres really no justification why he couldn't have shaved it off and grown it back.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mangianello's dye job and eyepatch look funny. Bennett's eyepatch looks like the one from the comics.

He looks like fuckn kevin nash
  • Broddie
    Options
    Good cause I think he might be the problem. Bring back Jeff Robinov.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He's been the decision maker for a lot of moves made in the past 3 years now who takes over will be real interesting.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    It'll be so dope to see Michael Jai White as The Green Lantern
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It'll be so dope to see Michael Jai White as The Green Lantern

Damn shame Idriss is Heimdall cause he would have been the perfect Jon Stewart man...just cant see Michael Jai as Jon...Jon is suppose to be a better strategist than the gottdamn batman, a true leader etc
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

He's been the decision maker for a lot of moves made in the past 3 years now who takes over will be real interesting.

Also been named the dude who wanted to Cut No Mans Land scene from Wonder Woman.

Dudes a ? !