Is It Worth Buying Any Other Mase Album Outside Of Harlem World?

Options

Comments

• macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm I the only one who liked Harlem World The Movement.
    Group Album ?

"YOOOOOO MAKE ME FEEEEEL
  • layup23
    layup23 Members Posts: 43
    Options
    double up was straight garbage
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bought Double Up off the strength of Harlem World. Didn't even listen to a single or anything. I've never thrown a CD out of the window so fast before. Well, maybe for the St Lunatics album.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Welcome back was curse free
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BenjaminE wrote: »
    I ? with this one...

https://youtu.be/adWFcV24bjg

Edit: It may look like a dead link, but it works...

Intro was 40 seconds too long >_>
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Might give Double Up a listen later, seeing people have mixed feelings on that one, is it that bad?
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    macadonwoo wrote: »
    Group Album ?

"YOOOOOO MAKE ME FEEEEEL

• Tsotsi Cape Town
    Tsotsi Cape Town Members Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Might give Double Up a listen later, seeing people have mixed feelings on that one, is it that bad?

Nah it ain't bad, you just ain't missing ? if you've already heard Harlem World. It's lazy, uninspired, seemed like Puff didn't really gaf with that Mase album, his flow sound the same on most tracks, no stand out tracks
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bumping to prove I messed with Mase before the Cam diss dropped.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got Harlem World for Christmas that year. Downloaded Welcome Back because Bay Area producer Rick Rock did his thing on that album.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Group Album ?

"YOOOOOO MAKE ME FEEEEEL

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DAvS9rKoGzY

My ?
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Group Album ?

"YOOOOOO MAKE ME FEEEEEL

My ?

I don't see how people say Nas fell off between I Am and Stillmatic.
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Group Album ?

"YOOOOOO MAKE ME FEEEEEL

My ?

Of course his dickriders didnt see it. Besides a few hot singles Nas wasn't ? . And it's still that way in 2017. Khaled name's a track "Nas Album Done" & y'all got moist. I respect Nas legacy. Downloaded a album or 2. Paid for the ? album. But him being included in GOAT talk is ludacris.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Group Album ?

"YOOOOOO MAKE ME FEEEEEL

My ?

Of course his dickriders didnt see it. Besides a few hot singles Nas wasn't ? . And it's still that way in 2017. Khaled name's a track "Nas Album Done" & y'all got moist. I respect Nas legacy. Downloaded a album or 2. Paid for the ? album. But him being included in GOAT talk is ludacris.

I think you mean ludicrous.
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Double Up>>>>>>>Harlem World

Harlem World is a party album other than like 4 tracks & got the hot features. Double Up is slept on.
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    Group Album ?

"YOOOOOO MAKE ME FEEEEEL

My ?

I think you mean ludicrous.

This is a hip-hop 4um
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Edit: see I just made the same comment from 2 years ago..
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MR. $tatefacts
    MR. $tatefacts Members Posts: 5
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Group Album ?

"YOOOOOO MAKE ME FEEEEEL

My ?

His skills never diminished but his direction was lackluster in that time it had looked like the game was passing him by, looking back there’s nothing cornier than Nas calling himself Escobar or Nastradamus, he should of deaded Escobar after the firm flop and Nastradamus should of never happened but you can’t deny he was still killin ? hell he was still in his prime, he just needed to get back to being Nasty Nas that’s what he needed that’s what the game needed
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread prove what I been saying. Mase only got one hot album, he could never compare to the work Killa put in
  • 5 Grand
    edited November 2017
    Options

His skills never diminished but his direction was lackluster in that time it had looked like the game was passing him by, looking back there’s nothing cornier than Nas calling himself Escobar or Nastradamus, he should of deaded Escobar after the firm flop and Nastradamus should of never happened but you can’t deny he was still killin ? hell he was still in his prime, he just needed to get back to being Nasty Nas that’s what he needed that’s what the game needed

Nosign.

Nas was annihilating mixtapes circa 98-01

Its Mine - Mobb Deep feat Nas
    Hot Boys - Missy feat Nas, Q Tip and Nas
    Did You Ever Think - R Kelly feat Nas

He even had a shelved album called Death Of Escobar which would have come out between Nastradamus and Stillmatic
    The Death of Escobar (abbreviated as D.O.E.) is a 2001 unreleased concept album by New York-based rapper Nas. The title is a reference to Nas's alternative persona of Nas Escobar, which was seen as a much more mainstream appealing alter ego by fans.

For over a decade, much information about the album was unknown. Pictures of the purported album had surfaced through the internet for a decade and had a barcode provided as well, which meant that there was planned distribution for the album. Nonetheless, for years, the album was debated by hip hop heads for years, whether it was the working title for Nas's eventual December 2001 release Stillmatic, a cancelled concept album, or was a fan-made fake.

In 2014, The Lost Tapes Blog, run by claaa7, revealed that in fact, the album was real, and was intended to be the first part of the Stillmatic album, but was cancelled before it was released, and instead re-released, and re-titled, as The Lost Tapes in 2002.

01. "My Way" [? . by Alchemist]
    02. "You Don't Know Me (Hardest Thing 2 Do)" [? . by Poke & Tone]
    03. "Your Mouth Got You In It" [? . by Dame Grease]
    04. "Rise & Fall" [? . by Poke & Tone]
    05. "U Gotta Love It" [? . by L.E.S.]
    06. "Make It Last Forever" [? . by L.E.S.]
    07. "Worst Enemy is Me" [? . by Infinite Arkatechtz]
    08. "The Foulness (Interlude)" [? . by Poke & Tone]
    09. "Sinful Living (Street Dreams Remix)" (Ft. R. Kelly) [? . by Poke & Tone]
    10. "Never Gonna Give It Up" (Ft. Product G&B) [? . by Al West]
    11. "Tales From Da Hood" [? . by Curt Gowdy]
    12. "? By Myself" [? . by Poke & Tone + Al West]
    13. "Hard 2 Tell - Remix" [? . by Large Professor]
    14. "Projects 2 Hot" (Ft. 50 Cent & Nature) [? . by CHOP DIESEL]
    15. "Poppa Was A Playa" [? . by Deric Angelettie & Kanye West]
    16. "Seeds Of Heaven" [? . by Infintie Arkatechtz]
    Notes:

Tracks 1, 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, and 15 would appear on The Lost Tapes, albeit a few with altered names, and 7 & 13 being only available in Japan and other markets.

This was 50 Cent's intended debut on a major album; the song "Projects Too Hot" would appear on his 2002 solo Guess Who's Back.

"Poppa Was a Playa" was one of Kanye West's first major productions.

http://lostmediawiki.com/Nas_-_The_Death_of_Escobar_(found_rap_album;_2001)

Anybody that thought Nas fell off between 98-01 wasn't listening to mixtapes.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I was agreeing with you you dumb ?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    A shelved album that eventually dropped in 2002 doesn’t help your case, like I said his skills never diminished and was in fact still in his prime and was still killing ? BUT what people remember is Nastradamus which was a dissapointment and badly reviewed (even though I was bumping it in my first car), and Nas holding on to that Escobar persona way too long, Oochie Wally and you owe me were his biggest hits between I am and Stillmatic, the noise he was making compared to Jay and DMX was minuscule

• 5 Grand
    Options
    A shelved album that eventually dropped in 2002 doesn’t help your case, like I said his skills never diminished and was in fact still in his prime and was still killing ? BUT what people remember is Nastradamus which was a dissapointment and badly reviewed (even though I was bumping it in my first car), and Nas holding on to that Escobar persona way too long, Oochie Wally and you owe me were his biggest hits between I am and Stillmatic, the noise he was making compared to Jay and DMX was minuscule

Not really, this song was #1 for 18 weeks on Billboard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNrYITT5DUc
    Hot Boyz" is a song by American hip hop recording artist Missy Elliott featuring American singer and songwriter Lil' Mo. The remix version of the song was an urban hit featuring Nas, Eve and Q-Tip. The remix broke the record for most weeks at number-one on the US R&B chart on the issue dated January 15, 2000; as well as spending 18 weeks at number one on the Hot Rap Singles from December 4, 1999 to March 25, 2000, which is still the longest reign at number one to date on that chart. The song also reached number 5 on the US Hot 100 on January 15, 2000. In the UK, the song became the biggest hit from the Da Real World album; it peaked at #18, being Missy's sixth top 40 and fourth top 20 solo success.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Boyz_(song)

Granted, he wasn't selling 5X plat like Jay and DMX but between his mixtape stuff and his features he was still one of the hottest MCs of that era.