The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    damn! zero ? given by trump. dude is jus a typical fox news viewer. 70+ year old racist white man. he is so mentally unfit for office, its crazy...

Is he really?

I say that based off how racist this country has been and still is. Trump is really just saying out loud how a lot of white people like himself in the country really feel.

eh. yea. that's common knowledge. but the potus is supposed to be better than that, be held to a higher standard. at least present a public image of a decent person. even if he/she is a ? behind doors. basically trump as no filter.

but he is unfit office. that is undebatable.

Why should we as black people living in this racist society/country even want that fake ? though?

IMO Trump isn't unfit for office. He is exactly what this country is and represents it and the world actually needs to see it for what it is.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not only is "khaki racism" acceptable.. its the outright flagrant racism that is being brushed over "i dont know his heart"

i hate the labeling trend but "khaki racism" i think is appropriate because it denotes the average everyday racist not the bald headed swatstika on the forehead types.. . one is more dangerous than the other ... word to the Ben Ferguson, Will Cain types
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn! zero ? given by trump. dude is jus a typical fox news viewer. 70+ year old racist white man. he is so mentally unfit for office, its crazy...

Is he really?

I say that based off how racist this country has been and still is. Trump is really just saying out loud how a lot of white people like himself in the country really feel.

eh. yea. that's common knowledge. but the potus is supposed to be better than that, be held to a higher standard. at least present a public image of a decent person. even if he/she is a ? behind doors. basically trump as no filter.

Why should we as black people living in this racist society/country even want that fake ? though?

IMO Trump isn't unfit for office. He is exactly what this country is and represents it and the world actually needs to see it for what it is.

cuz we as ppl should aspire to be better.

maybe I'm a dreamer. but yea.
  • marc123
    Options

Is he really?

imo the potus is/should be a leader. trump is not a leader. he is a ? artist and a con man.
  • marc123
    edited November 2017
    Options
    sad to say. but this racist re-tweeting trump bs will prolly be gone in 24-48hrs as the mainstream moves on smh
  • D. Morgan
    Options

Is he really?

cuz we as ppl should aspire to be better.

maybe I'm a dreamer. but yea.

I don't disagree with people aspiring to be better.

What I disagree with is putting a fake ass person in office and giving off a facade of what this country is not really about. Then people the world over believe the fake ? and not the real ? the oppressed people are saying is really going on.
  • D. Morgan
    Options

Is he really?

imo the potus is/should be a leader. trump is not a leader. he is a ? artist and a con man.

I agree with this especially the bold.
  • marc123
    Options
    SHS basically admitted they are fear mongering
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    When Jim Cornette first said that Biff would ? something minor up literally every day of this tenure, I just thought he was joking.

? if he ain't been spot on.

https://youtu.be/sWBUAkwiMk0
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bosnian Croat war criminal dies after drinking poison in UN courtroom

Former commander Slobodan Praljak drank from small bottle moments after judges upheld 20-year sentence at court in The Hague

https://youtu.be/3P5YQbw8F4E

A former Bosnian Croat general has died after drinking a phial of poison at a UN tribunal in The Hague, where his war crimes sentence of 20 years was upheld on Wednesday, a court spokesman has confirmed.

Seconds after his sentence was upheld at the international criminal tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY), Slobodan Praljak, shouted out angrily: “Praljak is not a criminal. I reject your verdict.”

The 72-year-old then raised a small brown bottle to his lips, and drank it in full view of the cameras filming the hearing. “I just drank poison,” he said. “I am not a war criminal. I oppose this conviction.”

The official statement from the ICTY said: “Mr Slobodan Praljak, one of six defence appellants in the Prlić et al. case, passed away today in HMC Hospital in The Hague.

“During the public pronouncement of the appeal judgement the appeals chamber confirmed his conviction and affirmed Mr Praljak’s sentence of 20 years of imprisonment. Immediately thereafter, Mr Praljak drank a liquid while in court, and quickly fell ill.

“Mr Praljak was immediately assisted by the ICTY medical staff. Simultaneously an ambulance was summoned. Mr Praljak was transported to a nearby hospital to receive further medical assistance where he passed.

“In accordance with standard procedures, at the request of the ICTY, the Dutch authorities have initiated an independent investigation which is currently ongoing. The tribunal has extended its condolences to the next of kin.”

The Croatian prime minister, Andrej Plenković, had earlier confirmed his death after it was initially reported on Croatian state TV, and offered his condolences to the family.

Plenkovic added: “His act, which we regrettably saw today, mostly speaks about a deep moral injustice towards six Croats from Bosnia and the Croatian people ... We voice dissatisfaction and regret about the verdict.”

Dutch police have declared the courtroom a crime scene.

The unprecedented scenes came as judges were handing down judgment in the appeals case of six former Bosnian Croat political and military leaders. They are the court’s final verdict for war crimes committed during the ? 1990s break-up of Yugoslavia.

As court officials surrounded the white-haired and bearded Praljak, the presiding judge, Carmel Agius, immediately ordered the proceedings suspended. The curtains screening the courtroom were abruptly closed to the public.

Within minutes, an ambulance arrived while a helicopter hovered overhead.

Several emergency workers rushed into the building carrying equipment in backpacks. A court guard appealed for calm, saying Praljak was “receiving all necessary medical attention”.

Praljak was charged with ordering the destruction of Mostar’s 16th-century bridge in November 1993, which judges in the first trial had said “caused disproportionate damage to the Muslim civilian population”.

A symbol of Bosnia’s devastation in the war, the Ottoman-era bridge was later rebuilt. The city experienced some of the worst of the Croat-Muslim clashes, with nearly 80% of its eastern area destroyed in the fighting.

In their ruling, the judges allowed part of Praljak’s appeal, saying the bridge had been a legitimate military target during the conflict. They also overturned some of his convictions, but refused to reduce his overall sentence.

The case has been keenly watched in Zagreb, and the appeal judges said that all six men, who had been found guilty of taking part in a scheme to remove Bosnian Muslims, “remained convicted of numerous and very serious crimes”.

Advertisement

Praljak had already completed a significant proportion of his sentence. Before the Bosnian conflict, he had been a writer and film director.

An investigation is likely to be launched into who supplied him with the poison and how he could have smuggled the bottle into court through what should have been strict security at the longest-running war crimes tribunal in The Hague.

One lawyer who has defended suspects at the ICTY said it would be easy to bring poison into the court. Toma Fila, a Serbian

A lawyer who has frequently defended suspects at the UN war crimes court in the Netherlands says it would be easy to bring poison into the court. Toma Fila, a Serbian lawyer, said that security for lawyers and other court staff “is just like at an airport.”

He added: “They inspect metal objects, like belts, metal money, shoes, and take away mobile phones” but “pills and small quantities of liquids” would not be registered.

Earlier in the proceedings, the judges had upheld a 25-year prison term against Jadranko Prlić, the former prime minister of a breakaway Bosnian Croat statelet, and a 20-year term for its former defence minister Bruno Stojić.

The ? 1992-95 war in Bosnia, in which 100,000 people died and 2.2 million were displaced, mainly pitted Bosnian Muslims against Bosnian Serbs, but also saw brutal fighting between Bosnian Muslims and Bosnian Croats after an initial alliance fell apart.

Wednesday’s proceeding came a week after the judges imposed a life sentence on the former Bosnian Serb commander Ratko Mladić, whose ruthlessness in the conflict earned him the title of “Butcher of Bosnia”.

The Bosnian-Croat statelet, backed by the government of the Croatian nationalist leader Franjo Tudjman, was formally dismantled in 1996 as part of the peace deal that ended the war. The “president” of Herceg-Bosna, Mate Boban, died in 1997 and Tudjman in 1999, leaving Prlic the highest-ranking Bosnian Croat official to face prosecution for the crimes.

Commenting on Praljak’s actions, Tudjman’s son, Miroslav, said it was a “consequence of his moral position not to accept the verdict that has nothing to do with justice or reality”.

Nick Kaufman, a former prosecutor at the ICTY, said: “When deprived of authority over the masses and the attention which formerly fuelled their ego and charisma, such defendants can often be extremely resourceful with the little power they retain.”

The ICTY charged Praljack and his co-defendants in 2004. The six surrendered with Croatia under pressure to comply with the court in return for joining the European Union.

The ICTY closes its doors on 31 December, having indicted and dealt with 161 people.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2017/nov/29/un-war-crimes-defendant-claims-to-drink-poison-at-trial-in-hague-slobodan-praljak
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol trump press conference "your gonna win so much you gonna get tired of it" meanwhile he cant even past a bill lol
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Doubtful however his supports says everything bout America....
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    theresa-may-tweet.jpg

https://www.mediaite.com/online/trump-scolds-the-wrong-theresa-may-after-criticism-over-him-sharing-anti-muslim-videos/
    Trump Scolds the Wrong Theresa May After Criticism Over Him Sharing Anti-Muslim Videos

UK is so ? they wont even clap back, smh.
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    theresa-may-tweet.jpg

https://www.mediaite.com/online/trump-scolds-the-wrong-theresa-may-after-criticism-over-him-sharing-anti-muslim-videos/
    Trump Scolds the Wrong Theresa May After Criticism Over Him Sharing Anti-Muslim Videos

UK is so ? they wont even clap back, smh.

Jeremy corbyn got this....there could be a situation where America is friendless
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i laughed way to hard at this

But there was perhaps no hotter ticket in 2010 than Chelsea Clinton’s 500-person, several million-dollar wedding in upstate New York. This was the wedding, so of course Donald Trump wanted to be there.
    Trump, now somewhat infamously, had invited Bill and Hillary to his own third wedding years earlier. Trump expected an invitation in return. “The real estate mogul was the sort of person who, though not an actual friend, still aspired to attend Chelsea’s wedding, which he clearly considered a prestigious event,” Conason writes. “Having given Bill Clinton free access to his northern Westchester golf club, Trump National, where he proudly hung photos of the former president-and had even cleared the links once for the Clintons to play on Bill’s birthday, Trump may well have felt they owed him.” Trump was reportedly so convinced that he deserved to be there that he called Clinton advisor Doug Band seeking advice. “I’m supposed to be at the wedding, Doug,” Trump said, according to Conason. “But I didn’t receive the invitation, and I need to know where to go.” He writes that Band knew Trump wasn’t on the list, of course, and politely urged him to get in touch with Chelsea for directions. After a fruitless call to another Clinton staffer, Trump apparently gave up.