The Official 2017 NFL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Lol @ "living off glory days" like those titles have an expiration date on them. He big mad

They don't have an expiration date on them, but they got a date. The last redskins one was 1/26/1992. Early 90's my ? , cowboys mid 90's and eagles, well you know. They looking good right now, but we will see.

And who gives a ? when they were won exactly? Silly fans who probably weren't alive from the get go. U gonna discredit your wins in 20 years? Nope
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    First of, they gon lose anyway. There are much bigger issues than "sloppy QB play" on that giants squad. Beginning w awful roster management, lazy game planning and lack of week to week and in game adjustments, throw in players literally QUITTING on the team.
    So yes, respect is what he deserves. He is not bigger than the giants, but without those two championships, the giants are not as big as they are TODAY. They would be another franchise living off the glory days from 20+ years ago, like the redskins and Jets. There are ways to get Webb reps without embarrassing Eli. Mcadoo should have played Webb more in the preseason. That's what is for and practice. I personally went to a giants practice and Webb spent the whole time basically doing the same ? I was doing, watching. There was a preseason game that Webb didn't even play in.
    Mcadoo not properly evaluating his roster during the summer is a big reason for that awful start

His numbers since the Giants beat the Pats is awful.

Case closed. Washed.

The oline that helped him got old, injured and retired. Draft picks were no help, bc reese sucks at drafting . ? had no weapons most those years either. Victor Cruz, a short slot WR was his biggest weapon. I'm not saying Eli is elite or playing good, I'm saying look around at what he had to work with.
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    Lol @ "living off glory days" like those titles have an expiration date on them. He big mad

They don't have an expiration date on them, but they got a date. The last redskins one was 1/26/1992. Early 90's my ? , cowboys mid 90's and eagles, well you know. They looking good right now, but we will see.

And who gives a ? when they were won exactly? Silly fans who probably weren't alive from the get go. U gonna discredit your wins in 20 years? Nope

Stew, I'm not a skins fan. But if you guys win two super bowls within the next ten years, I'm not gonna discredit the accomplishments of the QB who helped make it happen and you won't either bro. That's my point, I'm not saying Eli is not washed or that the giants should not be looking at Webb, I'm just saying he deserves respect. And this ain't it.
  • Stew
    Options

Stew, I'm not a skins fan. But if you guys win two super bowls within the next ten years, I'm not gonna discredit the accomplishments of the QB who helped make it happen and you won't either bro. That's my point, I'm not saying Eli is not washed or that the giants should not be looking at Webb, I'm just saying he deserves respect. And this ain't it.

I wasn't disagreeing with your point, u just happened to throw a shot and I'm always here for fighting back B)
  • natural born sinners
    Options

I wasn't disagreeing with your point, u just happened to throw a shot and I'm always here for fighting back B)

Gotcha i know u are lol
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    nfl just gonna throw money at it smh

What else you expected them to do?

have genuine concern vs,paying to make it go away
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What more could Eric Reid and Michael Thomas have wanted? If the NFL is really giving 100 million to black issues and communities they win. That money can do a lot of ?
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rj0tipm0hc1w.jpg

Maaaan ? ? ASS ELI!!!!
  • Stew
    Options
    @dallas' 4 eva avi bet for the rest of the reg season? Since this is essentially a knock-out game.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    What more could Eric Reid and Michael Thomas have wanted? If the NFL is really giving 100 million to black issues and communities they win. That money can do a lot of ?

Right it's not like their doing the killings or being the judge
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Going to game tonight , hope it's not blowout
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cause it's not about the money, bruh. That hundred would basically be paying them to shut up and play their position and not protest again, which ironically, wouldn't give them any freedom at all in this situation in a country that supposedly is full of freedoms. The league would've been better off taking that and putting it towards social awareness themselves on their own, in my opinion. That hundred is just a pretty pacifier.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    Cause it's not about the money, bruh. That hundred would basically be paying them to shut up and play their position and not protest again, which ironically, wouldn't give them any freedom at all in this situation in a country that supposedly is full of freedoms. The league would've been better off taking that and putting it towards social awareness themselves on their own, in my opinion. That hundred is just a pretty pacifier.

The money is going to fund projects of our choice (hopefully)

That’s what Kap is doing. Putting his money into programs that will directly affect change instead of just taking a knee.

Money make the needle move and affects real change here. Word to the Jews
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The truth is that some NFL players protesting ain't gonna change ? in this country because the only people really affected by that are the 32 owners and eventually the players if revenues keep dropping.

I said it before and I'll say it again if black people really want to use protesting and boycotting as a means to equality then the only group of black people I think with that much leverage would be the black people in the military. If they all decided to go awol and boycott the military that is the only way I see protesting would make a big enough impact to create change on a massive scale.
  • So ILL
    Options

The money is going to fund projects of our choice (hopefully)

That’s what Kap is doing. Putting his money into programs that will directly affect change instead of just taking a knee.

Money make the needle move and affects real change here. Word to the Jews
    Using your money for something and someone giving you money to be quiet are two different things. Their promises ain't ? , the ball been in their hands to step up and they could've supported the protesting like they do all other forms of politics.
  • So ILL
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »

The truth is that some NFL players protesting ain't gonna change ? in this country because the only people really affected by that are the 32 owners and eventually the players if revenues keep dropping.

I said it before and I'll say it again if black people really want to use protesting and boycotting as a means to equality then the only group of black people I think with that much leverage would be the black people in the military. If they all decided to go awol and boycott the military that is the only way I see protesting would make a big enough impact to create change on a massive scale.
    We don't even make up that much of the military. Hell, we don't even get respect in the military as a whole, black folks in the military wouldn't change nothing. But it would if the fans of sports teams started thinking, cause a lot of us watch some kind of sports. Why do you think these leagues and owners are doing the most to shut up the athletes? Cause they know everybody will see.
  • Stew
    Options

We don't even make up that much of the military. Hell, we don't even get respect in the military as a whole, black folks in the military wouldn't change nothing. But it would if the fans of sports teams started thinking, cause a lot of us watch some kind of sports. Why do you think these leagues and owners are doing the most to shut up the athletes? Cause they know everybody will see.

Exactly why u shouldn't be sweating the league(a private organization) actually helping in some form of fashion. This ? starts and ends with human beings.
  • So ILL
    Options

Exactly why u shouldn't be sweating the league(a private organization) actually helping in some form of fashion. This ? starts and ends with human beings.
    Which the league doesn't care about cause if they did, they wouldn't be trying to silence their employees when they're trying to use their platform in society to bring awareness to social issues. I get the hundred and I see it, but if they were really about helping then they would have been about that instead letting it get this far by clashing trying to kiss ass and making it seem like a last resort.
  • Stew
    Options

Which the league doesn't care about cause if they did, they wouldn't be trying to silence their employees when they're trying to use their platform in society to bring awareness to social issues. I get the hundred and I see it, but if they were really about helping then they would have been about that instead letting it get this far by clashing trying to kiss ass and making it seem like a last resort.

I'm sorry, I missed this. When did the league do this? Last time I checked, it is not a violation of any rule to do that.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm sorry, I missed this. When did the league do this? Last time I checked, it is not a violation of any rule to do that.

I think he means the 100 million is to get them to shut up
  • So ILL
    Options

Which is what folks have saying for the longest. Why are they doing all of this extra ? to begin with when protesters have broken no rules? What is all of this fake patriotism for?
  • Stew
    Options

Which is what folks have saying for the longest. Why are they doing all of this extra ? to begin with when protesters have broken no rules? What is all of this fake patriotism for?

Lol that ain't the league doing that bruh, it's humans like I said before.