The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-latest-beverly-hills-home-burglarized--122925
    Mayweather is Latest To Have Beverly Hills Home Burglarized

In the last few weeks, numerous celebrities have had their homes burglarized in Beverly Hills - and now you can add five division world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. to that list.

Local police are asking the public for help to solve the crime. Mayweather is on a tour of China.

The burglary was reported about 3 p.m. Tuesday, and is believed to have occurred some time within the previous seven days, Beverly Hills police Lt. Elisabeth Albanese.

“Items reported stolen include luggage, sunglasses and accessories,” Albanese said. “Mr. Mayweather was not at the residence at the time of the burglary.”

No suspect information was released. No arrests have been reported. Albanese said police were not releasing other details “because this is an active investigation.”

According to TMZ.com, the crime was discovered when someone on Mayweather’s staff found a broken window at the residence.

“We’re told the minimum value of the stolen property is at least $10,000, and likely more than that,” TMZ reported.

Mayweather, 40 years old, snapped a two year retirement back in August for a pay-per-view fight with Conor McGregor at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. After a rapid start by McGregor, Mayweather slowly broke him down and stopped him in the tenth round.

After the contest, Mayweather (50-0, 27 KOs) announced he was retiring for good and recently came out to squash rumors of a potential ring return.
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

#ManDown. He said that Keith was " procrastinating " lmao.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LLS love the title of the video "Free smoke for Lamont Peterson, Keith Thurman and Joe Horn"

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    10 days away from the fight of the year
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/ufcs-dana-white-love-work-with-anthony-joshua--122957
    UFC's Dana White Would Love To Work With Anthony Joshua

Even UFC President Dana White is impressed with the drawing power of IBF, IBO, WBA heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (20-0, 20 KOs).

As reported in recent weeks, White is planning to get involved in the sport of boxing in 2018. White has already scheduled a few big meetings where he plans to sit down with different key figures in the sport of boxing.

His company was part of the biggest boxing event of the year, when UFC superstar Conor McGregor made his professional boxing debut against returning Floyd Mayweather Jr. back in August at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Mayweather stopped McGregor in the tenth round of a pay-per-view event that generated 4 million buys on pay-per-view.

White's boxing company - Zuffa Boxing - will be run under the umbrella of the UFC's parent company WME-IMG.

The UFC executive views Joshua, who is promoted by Eddie Hearn of Matchroom, as the biggest star in boxing and he would love to get the opportunity to work with him.

“In my opinion, he’s the most marketable guy in boxing,” White said.

White has not revealed the exact plans or strategy of what he intends to do in the sport.

“Right now, I have two different plans,” said White. “I have a Plan A and a Plan B. And I’m not sure which I’m gonna go with. But I’m gonna sit down, I’m gonna talk to everybody in the industry. They all want to come out here, they all want to talk. Fighters want to come out here and talk. So many people. So I’m gonna take like a month at the beginning of the year and just focus on this thing and see what we’re gonna do.”

“I think that right now is the right time. I just feel it. I feel like it’s the right time. Listen, can I do it? I don’t know. Will it work? I don’t know. But I feel like I have a pretty good idea of how to make it work. And I’ll give it a shot.”

But one thing White did, is rule out the idea of doing more cross-sports fights like Mayweather-McGregor.

“That’s not what I’m looking to do; I’m looking (to promote) boxing and UFC,” White said.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't even know cotto was fighting tomorrow
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Didn't even know cotto was fighting tomorrow

Based on the opponent that wasn't a bad thing.
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watched the little special they had on him the other day...man Cotto that dude...he has had a solid career and has a dope resume, beat some great fighters and lost to some great fighters, nothin wrong wit that....
  • Rum Middleton
    Options
    I feel he might come out though in like 5 yrs...he hella suspect sometime LOL
  • D. Morgan
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I watched the little special they had on him the other day...man Cotto that dude...he has had a solid career and has a dope resume, beat ONE some great fighter s and lost to some great fighters, nothin wrong wit that....

Fixed
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    @playmaker88

Please list the "GREAT" not good but "GREAT" fighters that Cotto BEAT.

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mosley his best win and shane arguably won that fight
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    mosley his best win and shane arguably won that fight

That is the only "GREAT" fighter that he actually beat. Yet this ? saying I'm trolling. I'm really interested in who these other great fighters that Cotto beat are. ? I just need this ? to name 1actually.

Exactly to the bold
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Sergio Martinez
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is he not a great fighter?
  • aneed123
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Sergio Martinez

no legs dont count yeah im hating
  • Rum Middleton
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    @playmaker88

Please list the "GREAT" not good but "GREAT" fighters that Cotto BEAT.

Naw you right, great is thrown around loosely, I mean like solid fighters/names like Zab and ? ...but he gave us some great performances throughtout the years so he good in my book...
  • Rum Middleton
    Options
    Is he not a great fighter?

And thing is though, you could say that, and not mean like the greatest of all time...like kinda casual, like "Oh yeah, so and so, he's a great fighter."
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cotto had beautiful matchmaking throughout his career

His best wins are Zab Judah, Randall Bailey, Clottey, Paulie, Sergio, Shane

Shane was just an ok fighter at that point and Sergio was washed/broken

He lost to great fighters except Austin Trout. He just didn't beat any
  • aneed123
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Cotto had beautiful matchmaking throughout his career

His best wins are Zab Judah, Randall Bailey, Clottey, Paulie, Sergio, Shane

Shane was just an ok fighter at that point and Sergio was washed/broken

He lost to great fighters except Austin Trout. He just didn't beat any

he also got to avoid Hatton and vivian harris at 140 paul williams at 147 and 154... charlos andrande j rock etc lara at 154 and ggg jacobs at 160. he had a great career but if folk nit picked his career like they do other fighters perspective would be different
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Aneed I thought you was crimson tide, what happened??
  • aneed123
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Aneed I thought you was crimson tide, what happened??

lost avi bet ... gotta rock this ? cuz we lost
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Luis Ortiz will be able to fight for WBC heavyweight title, despite failing drug test

HEAVYWEIGHT Luis Ortiz will not be banned by the WBC after he failed a drug test ahead of his cancelled title fight with Deontay Wilder. The test in September found Chlorithiazide and Hydroclorothiazide in his system.

The WBC have accepted his argument that he was taking blood pressure medication, and fined him $25,000 for failing to disclose his prescription for high blood pressure medication.

They have concluded that Ortiz will be able to fight for the WBC heavyweight world title again.

They said in a statement, “The WBC concludes that the evidence available to the WBC supports a finding that Mr. Ortiz’ ingestion of high blood pressure medication was directed to the treatment of an ongoing medical condition.

“Therefore, Mr. Ortiz will continue to be tested based on a specifically designed testing protocol. As of the date of this ruling, Mr. Ortiz is available to compete in WBC-sanctioned events, and shall be confirmed in the WBC ratings in a position consistent with the recommendation of the WBC Ratings Committee.”

WBC heavyweight champion Wilder, despite his anger and frustration, has expressed a willingness to fight Ortiz in the past regardless of these relevations. This ruling paves the way for that fight still to take place.

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/luis-ortiz-will-be-able-to-fight-for-wbc-heavyweight-title-despite-failing-drug-test/

Bruh caught a blessing. He gotta knock Wilder out now.