Comments

• blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    Dafuq

mzpdjzd9vfqa.png

Arsenal Liverpool usually gets match of the year but that's was almost a perfect game yesterday.. it's strange to say this but I can't remember seeing arsenal playing a better game.

You haven't seen many arsenal games.

Attacking wise the link up play etc was great was easily the better side man u was clinical.. I said this for years koscielny is easily the most overrated player in the league
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of you jinx it.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Otamendi! 1-1!!
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Everytime City plays on Sunday Gabriel Jesus Christ provides blessings
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    West Ham found a keeper
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    Silva! GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
  • northside7
    Options

Six of them. Yet they be the first ones talking about too many Arsenal fans on here smh.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    Alianza Lima close to winning the league! First time in 10 years!! vamos Alianza Lima CARAJO
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Serie A looks like it's going to be competitive all season. Inter leading the table right now
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Mseries_

Mark Clattenburg: I allowed Tottenham to self-destruct against Chelsea in 2016

Former Premier League referee Mark Clattenburg says he "allowed Tottenham to self-destruct" when he refereed the 2-2 draw with Chelsea in May 2016 as Spurs conceded the title to Leicester.

Spurs needed to beat Chelsea to retain any hope of winning the league.

Clattenburg says he "went in with a gameplan" so he could not be blamed by Tottenham for losing the title.

He booked nine Spurs players in the bad-tempered match, but now says he could have sent off three players.

Chelsea and Tottenham received record fines from the Football Association following the game, while Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembele was banned for six games for violent conduct against Chelsea's Diego Costa.

Speaking to NBC's Men in Blazers podcast, he said: "I allowed them [Spurs] to self-destruct so all the media, all the people in the world went: 'Tottenham lost the title.'

"If I sent three players off from Tottenham, what are the headlines? 'Clattenburg cost Tottenham the title.' It was pure theatre that Tottenham self-destructed against Chelsea and Leicester won the title."

Asked if he helped to "script" the game, he replied: "I helped the game. I certainly benefited the game by my style of refereeing.

"Some referees would have played by the book; Tottenham would have been down to seven or eight players and probably lost and they would've been looking for an excuse.

"But I didn't give them an excuse, because my gameplan was: Let them lose the title."

Clattenburg took charge of the Euro 2016 final, as well as that year's Champions League and FA Cup finals.

In February, he left his job as a Premier League official to become Saudi Arabia's new head of referees.

Clattenburg says he had to change his style of refereeing when he took charge of European matches.

"The English style of refereeing is different," he added.

"I had to referee differently when I went into Europe because none of the top players in Europe would accept some of the physical contact that went on in the Premier League - but that was the theatre, that's what people loved.

"They love a tackle, they don't want it punished."

• blue_london
    edited December 2017
    Options
  • blue_london
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »
    @Mseries_

Former Premier League referee Mark Clattenburg says he "allowed Tottenham to self-destruct" when he refereed the 2-2 draw with Chelsea in May 2016 as Spurs conceded the title to Leicester.

Clattenburg says he "went in with a gameplan" so he could not be blamed by Tottenham for losing the title.

He booked nine Spurs players in the bad-tempered match, but now says he could have sent off three players.

Chelsea and Tottenham received record fines from the Football Association following the game, while Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembele was banned for six games for violent conduct against Chelsea's Diego Costa.

Speaking to NBC's Men in Blazers podcast, he said: "I allowed them [Spurs] to self-destruct so all the media, all the people in the world went: 'Tottenham lost the title.'

"If I sent three players off from Tottenham, what are the headlines? 'Clattenburg cost Tottenham the title.' It was pure theatre that Tottenham self-destructed against Chelsea and Leicester won the title."

Asked if he helped to "script" the game, he replied: "I helped the game. I certainly benefited the game by my style of refereeing.

"Some referees would have played by the book; Tottenham would have been down to seven or eight players and probably lost and they would've been looking for an excuse.

"But I didn't give them an excuse, because my gameplan was: Let them lose the title."

Clattenburg took charge of the Euro 2016 final, as well as that year's Champions League and FA Cup finals.

In February, he left his job as a Premier League official to become Saudi Arabia's new head of referees.

Clattenburg says he had to change his style of refereeing when he took charge of European matches.

"I had to referee differently when I went into Europe because none of the top players in Europe would accept some of the physical contact that went on in the Premier League - but that was the theatre, that's what people loved.

Wow you beat me to it lol
  • blue_london
    Options
  • northside7
    Options
    "I had to referee differently when I went into Europe because none of the top players in Europe would accept some of the physical contact that went on in the Premier League

Soft.
  • Mseries_
    Mseries_ Members Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Mseries_

Man in the middle – Clattenburg's ups and downs
    Highs

2000: Referees his first Football League match aged just 25 (Chesterfield v York).

2004: Joins Premier League Select Group. First match is Crystal Palace v Everton.

2006: Joins Fifa list of referees.

2016: In charge of the FA Cup final, the Champions League final and Euro 2016 final.

Lows

2005: Fails to spot that a shot from Tottenham’s Pedro Mendes had been dropped over the line by Manchester United goalkeeper Roy Carroll.

2007: Shows red card to Everton defender Tony Hibbert in a Merseyside derby after appearing initially to reach for yellow. Later fails to dismiss Dirk Kuyt for wild lunge at Phil Neville.

2008: Suspended after claims he owed £60,000 as a result of a failed business venture, and sacked by Professional Game Match Officials board. Reinstated but suspended for eight months.

2012: Chelsea lodge formal complaint to Football Association that he used “inappropriate language” to John Obi Mikel during a match with Manchester United. Cleared by FA.

2014: Is stood down for one weekend after phoning Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock after a game and then travelling home from game alone (both against the rules).

This guy is a Newcastle supporting ? that hates London clubs. ? him I hope he's getting ? on in Saudi Arabia right now.

I've been saying the premier league refs had a bias against SPURS now here is the PROOF for you all to see.
  • blue_london
    Options
    Mseries_ wrote: »
    @Mseries_

Highs

2000: Referees his first Football League match aged just 25 (Chesterfield v York).

2004: Joins Premier League Select Group. First match is Crystal Palace v Everton.

2016: In charge of the FA Cup final, the Champions League final and Euro 2016 final.

Lows

2005: Fails to spot that a shot from Tottenham’s Pedro Mendes had been dropped over the line by Manchester United goalkeeper Roy Carroll.

2007: Shows red card to Everton defender Tony Hibbert in a Merseyside derby after appearing initially to reach for yellow. Later fails to dismiss Dirk Kuyt for wild lunge at Phil Neville.

2008: Suspended after claims he owed £60,000 as a result of a failed business venture, and sacked by Professional Game Match Officials board. Reinstated but suspended for eight months.

2012: Chelsea lodge formal complaint to Football Association that he used “inappropriate language” to John Obi Mikel during a match with Manchester United. Cleared by FA.

2014: Is stood down for one weekend after phoning Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock after a game and then travelling home from game alone (both against the rules).

This guy is a Newcastle supporting ? that hates London clubs. ? him I hope he's getting ? on in Saudi Arabia right now.

I've been saying the premier league refs had a bias against SPURS now here is the PROOF for you all to see.

Lol can you show me the bias? Also why would they be against spurs you don't win anything
  • Mseries_
    Mseries_ Members Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mseries_ wrote: »
    @Mseries_

Highs

Lows

Lol can you show me the bias? Also why would they be against spurs you don't win anything

https://youtu.be/xowj6Qx78so

THIS PLUS THE COMMENTS = BIAS