SATURDAY classic vs classic......who is this weekends champ wk 33

Options
DR. JEK
DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in The Reason
Welcome back to the battle zone everybody. This is the famous Saturday thread where the premise is if both joints was on the radio same time different stations which on would you keep it on.

Now let's get this week's goin, ya boy Dr. Jek got the keys this week!

In this Corner we have our Five week champ going for six please welcome Notorious B.I.G with the "One more Chance (stay with me)"!!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fPxvklXLPSU#

And in this corner we have a very familiar nemesis to biggie who has apparently made up his mind. Ladies and gents please welcome 2 Pac with "Mind made up"!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y4tJLUxNVWw

Vote or ? ? Die!!!

SATURDAY classic vs classic......who is this weekends champ wk 33 19 votes

One more chance. STAY WITH ME
63%
dalyricalbandit[Deleted User]dwade2065th Letterachewon87IbexBuilt 4 cuban linx5 GrandGetoBoyTheGOATRevolver OcelotNechesh358 12 votes
Mind Made Up
36%
lion_heartbigbird_1illedoutits....JOHN BHarlemThumzUpDR. JEKbck145 7 votes

Comments

• illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mind Made Up
    Yo the biggie joint is no doubt a classic,
    but I had ? my whole life so that song never really moved me..

I was around when both songs came out,
    and I always liked/played “I got my mind made up” more..

? was dope to hear PAC spit with Method Man and Redman.. I still want that Inspectah Deck verse that was supposed to go on there !!
  • DR. JEK
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Mind Made Up
    And here is the list of Joints that has been used this year. The one with the asterisk were champioins. Ur welcome @TheGOAT . I finally stop being lazy and pulled it all up

Hail Mary
    TRIUMPH **
    Nas iz like
    SHOOK ONES****
    Who shot cha
    Ima Hustla
    I got 5 on it (rmx)
    NUTHIN BUT A G thang**
    Rosa Parks
    Smile
    Use to Love her
    TROY reminisce over you *******
    I ain't mad at cha
    Quiet Storm
    Rewind
    Murder was the case
    Hii powered
    1st of the Month
    In the club
    Give up the good
    One day
    IT WAS A GOOD DAY ***
    Dead presidents
    All that I got is you
    Ruff Ryder's Anthem
    What would you do
    Bow down
    How I could just ? a man
    New York New York
    Whoa
    CAN I LIVE ******
    No money mo Murder
    Shattered Dreams
    D'evils
    Dipset Anthem
    The Shiiznit
    Represent
    Unbelievable
    Hand of the dead body
    Caddy on 22's
    STILL D.R.E *
    ONE MORE CHANCE (STAY WIT ME)*****
    Luchini
    One more Chance hip hop rmx
    Party & ?
    Hypnotize
    Verbal intercourse
    Song cry
    Da Art of Story telling
    Scenario
    Mind made up
  • DR. JEK
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Mind Made Up
    illedout wrote: »
    Yo the biggie joint is no doubt a classic,
    but I had ? my whole life so that song never really moved me..

I was around when both songs came out,
    and I always liked/played “I got my mind made up” more..

? was dope to hear PAC spit with Method Man and Redman.. I still want that Inspectah Deck verse that was supposed to go on there !!

I go back and forth as to who I feel killed it more between Method Man and Kurupt. Lord have mercy those two guys went the ? in and blacked out!
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of Biggies best and most iconic tracks

Pacs track dont even make his greatest hits album
  • DR. JEK
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Mind Made Up
    TheGOAT wrote: »

which was a shame imo. I love this joint. How can you not with the way these guys tore into that beat? The People that put the greatest hits tracks together are so bias and it's so subjective anybody can throw a greatest hits CD together.

• TheGOAT
    Options
    Its a real good song but its not makin my top 20 pac songs either

Just shows how deep pacs catalog is
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mind Made Up
    Easy
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Mind Made Up

Weren’t you just saying it’s not even a top 15 biggie track?
  • TheGOAT
    Options

No that was Unbelievable not One More Chance
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2017
    Options
    this was easy for me.

theres Pac songs that can take "One More Chance" down but in my honest opinion this def aint one of them.

One is Classic the other ive never seen it mention here as one. just saying
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Mind Made Up

No that was Unbelievable not One More Chance

Which was damn blasphemous if you ask me, ? got in a zone and blacked out over that DJ premiere beat.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Mind Made Up
    this was easy or me.

theres Pac songs that can take "One More Chance" down but in my honest opinion this def aint one of them.

What's not classic about it?

One of Daz's best beats he's ever made. (That and "ambition as a riddah")

Pac verse was dope, Redman, listen to Kurupts verse almost give a ? the chills.

Are you serious! Wow
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    this was easy or me.

Are you serious! Wow

Not even close. The beat is the main reason I am not a fan of this song...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    this was easy or me.

Are you serious! Wow

im a Pac fan like all but we really gonna sit here and say this is one of his Classic tracks?

ive been on here a longgggggggg time and seen whats been considered classic from Pac and this has never been mentioned.

now if you feel like its classic thats cool bruh no hate g im just callin it how ive seen it
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Next week do One More Chance/Stay With Me vs The Message -GMF&F5
  • DR. JEK
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Mind Made Up
    this was easy or me.

Are you serious! Wow

im a Pac fan like all but we really gonna sit here and say this is one of his Classic tracks?

ive been on here a longgggggggg time and seen whats been considered classic from Pac and this has never been mentioned.

now if you feel like its classic thats cool bruh no hate g im just callin it how ive seen it

? the whole " All Eyes on me" double CD is a classic and many people have said that much. This was one of the really good lyrical joints on there. Everybody snapped! It makes no sense for some of you cats to act like y'all ain't even heard of the track and it's one of the hardest damn joints on there. If this ? is week then the CD is just a 4 1/2 mic joint then which ain't true to me.
  • DR. JEK
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Mind Made Up
    achewon87 wrote: »
    this was easy or me.

Are you serious! Wow

Not even close. The beat is the main reason I am not a fan of this song...

Oh lord

What's the matter wit the beat? I thought it fit all the flows perfect except for Daz's ironically. I actually got a problem with the one more chance beat. I actually think of Ashanti's Foolish first when hear it.that ? watered the ? down, that's why a few weeks ago I was hoping the hip hop Remix won.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    this was easy or me.

Are you serious! Wow

? the whole " All Eyes on me" double CD is a classic and many people have said that much. This was one of the really good lyrical joints on there. Everybody snapped! It makes no sense for some of you cats to act like y'all ain't even heard of the track and it's one of the hardest damn joints on there. If this ? is week then the CD is just a 4 1/2 mic joint then which ain't true to me.

MATW & 7Day > AEOM
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Mind Made Up
    What's crazy is I thought the IC had love for Tupac but he finna be 0-3 due to Triumph, Troy, and One More Chance? Wow
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Mind Made Up
    5 Grand wrote: »

Next week I got something better than the Message lined up.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this was easy or me.

Are you serious! Wow

AEOM ain't a classic, and even if it was that doesn't mean every song was a 5 star, classic song.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Mind Made Up
    Got my mind made up is a classic posse cut
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Next week I got something better than the Message lined up.

Impossible
  • DR. JEK
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Mind Made Up
    this was easy or me.

Are you serious! Wow

AEOM ain't a classic, and even if it was that doesn't mean every song was a 5 star, classic song.

Me and you are just gonna have to agree to disagree here and trust, maybe it's because I live on the Westcoast and I get to see the impact AEOM really left but I strongly disagree with your stance. How the hell you gonna have something be a classic and every song ain't better than average? If you have 12 dope songs and one average or below then it's only a near classic, it's only a four in a half mic'er then. You must have a different idea on what a classic means man. I respect where you are coming from but I just don't agree with it. AEOM is one of the best double albums that has ever dropped when you match it up to other double albums. Bone, Biggie, Jay, Wu, Nas, have all dropped double albums that have fallen short of All eyes on me. Sales, Hit singles, and what it did to propelle their record label.
  • DR. JEK
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Mind Made Up
    Anyway......it's time to wrap this up. Shout out to Big this is his 6th week winning. Did way better vs Tupac now than he did when they both were alive but I'm not gonna open those can of worms here. The question is can he make it four more to accomplish immortality. I have a chance two of those four weeks to try to knock him off including next week and I already have the opponent ready because I thought about making this last match a battle royal but I knew we were close to @its....JOHN Bs week 8 one. So I got next week. If Big move on John got that, and if Biggie survives that then week nine we may have to do One More Chance vs The Message Mr @5grand. If Biggie gets to nine wins I got a challenger in my back pocket that I was saving for if Troy had won a few more weeks. Speaking of Troy (reminisce over you), tune in next week to see if One More Chance can tie Troy for the longest run since this series has started with 7 wins. I expect it to be a blood bath the next two weeks so thank you guys for voting. And another thing, even when I disagree with a couple of you cats whether it be about the validity of "Got my mind made up" or not liking this Stay with me One more Chance beat as much as I do the remix....I still appreciate and respect your inputs. And guys remember something, if this thread wins the reason category for thread of the year, this will belong to all of us! Everybody who has voted week in and week out, everybody that has had their own featured weeks. Win or lose I created this to try to make something so interactive that I want this to belong to all of us so we all could look forward to who's in action each Saturday. I'll see y'all next week fellas!