https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br8wBSrIdGE
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    Los216 wrote: »
    MallyG wrote: »
    AB jus got popped too.

Gruden and McDonough over here talkin' about how they hate seeing this lack of sportsmanship and bad blood when all this ? was the complete norm not even that long ago.

The NFL (somewhat like America) has been pussified.

I wouldn't say we've been pussified. More like people were really dumb before and are smarter now. Football is still one of those things that will always look dumb because of how the sport is played. Literally the only way to make it safe is to not play.

C/S bolded.

Football is not a safe sport to play...these rules tryinta do something that can't be done. Think about it. The concussion awareness have changed the ways got hit. Instead of head injuries now you got a bunch of lower leg injuries
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/12/what_sean_mcdermott_said_about_how_buffalo_bills_responded_to_rob_gronkowski_hit.html
    What Sean McDermott said about how Buffalo Bills responded to Rob Gronkowski hit

After Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski drove his elbow into the back of the head of Bills cornerback Tre'Davious White, who was already down and out of bounds, the Bills didn't retaliate. Preston Brown and Lafayette Pitts lobbied the refs for a penalty flag on the hit that left White in concussion protocol. Safety Jordan Poyer shoved Gronkowski. Defensive end Jerry Hughes got a 15-yard penalty for an interaction with an official.

Former Bills quarterback Jim Kelly went on 97 Rock in Buffalo Monday morning and criticized players for not doing more.

"We had three guys standing there," Kelly said. "When you see a shot like that, I don't care. If I'm the coach, yeah, you want to play smart, you don't want to play ? , you don't want to get that penalty and all that. But boy, when you see something like that and it happens right in front of you, me as a quarterback, I might have ran over and gave him a good shot."

Kelly wasn't alone in that belief. Some fans wondered why players didn't do more to retaliate against Gronkowski. Asked about the idea that players didn't stick up for White, McDermott seemed almost offended.

"That's not what I saw," McDermott said. "I saw something other than that. Those are your words not my words. I know what I saw. I'm going to leave it at that."

Asked specifically about Kelly's comments, McDermott stood by his answer.

"I know what I saw," McDermott said. "And I'm also proud to a point of the poise that we showed. Thats important as we build this thing. We're doing things the right way. The referees handle things and we have to play within the rules. We moved on."

McDermott didn't want to comment on whether the league had contacted him about the play. He knows the league's decision will be what it's going to be and he doesn't want to turn this into a distraction.

"With all due respect to all the questions, the more I answer questions about that situation, the more it lingers -- I'm just being honest with you -- and the more it becomes a distraction," McDermott said. "We have to focus on us and the Indianapolis Colts, and that's what we've got to do moving forward."

• Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Huey_C
    Options
    http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/12/what_sean_mcdermott_said_about_how_buffalo_bills_responded_to_rob_gronkowski_hit.html
    What Sean McDermott said about how Buffalo Bills responded to Rob Gronkowski hit

After Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski drove his elbow into the back of the head of Bills cornerback Tre'Davious White, who was already down and out of bounds, the Bills didn't retaliate. Preston Brown and Lafayette Pitts lobbied the refs for a penalty flag on the hit that left White in concussion protocol. Safety Jordan Poyer shoved Gronkowski. Defensive end Jerry Hughes got a 15-yard penalty for an interaction with an official.

Former Bills quarterback Jim Kelly went on 97 Rock in Buffalo Monday morning and criticized players for not doing more.

"We had three guys standing there," Kelly said. "When you see a shot like that, I don't care. If I'm the coach, yeah, you want to play smart, you don't want to play ? , you don't want to get that penalty and all that. But boy, when you see something like that and it happens right in front of you, me as a quarterback, I might have ran over and gave him a good shot."

Kelly wasn't alone in that belief. Some fans wondered why players didn't do more to retaliate against Gronkowski. Asked about the idea that players didn't stick up for White, McDermott seemed almost offended.

"That's not what I saw," McDermott said. "I saw something other than that. Those are your words not my words. I know what I saw. I'm going to leave it at that."

"I know what I saw," McDermott said. "And I'm also proud to a point of the poise that we showed. Thats important as we build this thing. We're doing things the right way. The referees handle things and we have to play within the rules. We moved on."

McDermott didn't want to comment on whether the league had contacted him about the play. He knows the league's decision will be what it's going to be and he doesn't want to turn this into a distraction.

"With all due respect to all the questions, the more I answer questions about that situation, the more it lingers -- I'm just being honest with you -- and the more it becomes a distraction," McDermott said. "We have to focus on us and the Indianapolis Colts, and that's what we've got to do moving forward."

He's just a big kid, caught up in the moment.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »

Youre a victim of white supremacy. Gronk jus a big kid. Gronk being gronk. He's harmless. While Mike Brown was a huge monster. Who in the moment needed to be put down.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah my ? JuJu gave Burfict his issue....flexed on his ass and everything lol

Young JuJu been watching Hines Ward film...he is literally a carbon copy of him

its all good til Burfict ignant ass get his revenge.. no crying when it happens cuz juju was in college whe the brown hit happened
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

its all good til Burfict ignant ass get his revenge.. no crying when it happens cuz juju was in college whe the brown hit happened

We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it !!

NOBODY on the Steelers team is afraid of Burfict,
    but ? know how he get down, so the players make themselves aware of where he’s at on the field at all times just to be safe..
  • Huey_C
    Options
    I bet y'all cheered on all that ? bs that went on in the Steelers vs Bengals game. g4okuymk05h8.png
  • aneed123
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »

We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it !!

NOBODY on the Steelers team is afraid of Burfict,
    but ? know how he get down, so the players make themselves aware of where he’s at on the field at all times just to be safe..

fine.. all im saying is it go both ways pitt aint innocent either never have been word to hines ward and harrison... if im on the bengals i want burfict to knock brown and juju out next time they play. hell aj green should offer to pay the fine lol take bells knee out like they did palmer years ago. aint no rationalizing or turning off ignorance cuz u got in the perceived last laugh.
  • aneed123
    Options

id take his knees out next time we played... u aint getting away with that ... but teams be ?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bet y'all cheered on all that ? bs that went on in the Steelers vs Bengals game. g4okuymk05h8.png

That ? wasn’t ? .

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Burfict needed to feel that nh
  • Huey_C
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

That ? wasn’t ? .

Head hunting isn't ? ? Ok
  • Huey_C
    edited December 2017
    Options

That ? wasn’t ? .

TheBoyRo wrote: »

I know, it doesn't fit your agenda.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    The only play that mightve been questionable was the hit to Brown's head when he caught that TD. Wasn't even a flag called for that lol

I love how the NFL is trying to ? down on this ? then put these games in primetime. Guarantee you there will be a PIT/CIN night game next season, I got 50 GOaTS.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    The only play that mightve been questionable was the hit to Brown's head when he caught that TD. Wasn't even a flag called for that lol

I love how the NFL is trying to ? down on this ? then put these games in primetime. Guarantee you there will be a PIT/CIN night game next season, I got 50 GOaTS.

That Bungles Saftey was flagged for that hit...
  • Huey_C
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    lol huh...

Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

Relax Shaun King
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That ? wasn’t ? .

TheBoyRo wrote: »

I know, it doesn't fit your agenda.

You’re pathetic white boy.

And the nfl is pathetic. Basically saying what Gronk did was the same as Juju