Who was the hip hops biggest dissappointment in 2017?

Options
2»

Comments

• bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hip hop as a whole...it was a down year....a few good albums but overall underwhelming
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    The feds for not sentencing tax yet

that ? taking long
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dave east paranoia was weak but karma was much better
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A Boogie

That ? DO sound like Dej load and he be crooning too much
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    A Boogie

That ? DO sound like Dej load and he be crooning too much

Lil Boss sonned that lame to oblivion. He's not even worthy of a mention
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake... For a ? everybody say is running rap that More Life joint was pure ass
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »

Y'all be overblowing it. More Life and Views weren't great albums but they weren't bad either. It's just Drake's popularity exceeds the product he is putting out at this point.

Songs like Free Smoke, Get It Together, Blem, Portland, Sacrafices, Ice Melts, Glow, Fake Love were all good records. And he tried to do something different collaborating with the British artists even though he may have been riding what he believes is the next trend. The album was probably too long and not cohesive enough but it definitely wasn't "pure ass"
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

Y'all be overblowing it. More Life and Views weren't great albums but they weren't bad either. It's just Drake's popularity exceeds the product he is putting out at this point.

Songs like Free Smoke, Get It Together, Blem, Portland, Sacrafices, Ice Melts, Glow, Fake Love were all good records. And he tried to do something different collaborating with the British artists even though he may have been riding what he believes is the next trend. The album was probably too long and not cohesive enough but it definitely wasn't "pure ass"

Man cut it out that ? was fat ? ass cheeks in Arizona summers that joint was a plate for the weed plates.... Blem??? Smh
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem... Walk on water was so garbage. and then he releases the tracklist. this may be the first eminem album i wont buy
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »

Man cut it out that ? was fat ? ass cheeks in Arizona summers that joint was a plate for the weed plates.... Blem??? Smh

Blem beat is dope as ? . I know you live in Sacramento, an area with practically no Caribbean population. Do you like dancehall music? I'm not saying Drake is authentic dancehall but that's definitely the direction he's went with a lot of his newer records and they do work well in the club and have good production sonically.
  • OnnaThursday
    OnnaThursday Members Posts: 238 ✭✭
    Options
    pachá12 wrote: »
    Spitta

I didn't like all that rappin off beat ? either.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    21 Savage with that "I'm a hoe too" pic

We have a winner. LMAO
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This whole year been disappointing. No Nas album, Cam took an L, simping becoming the new normal.. I can’t think of another year where I bought/downloaded so few albums.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    Hip hop as a whole...it was a down year....a few good albums but overall underwhelming

Gotta disagree here. I think album wise, this been one of the best recent years
  • Matike85
    Matike85 Members Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »

Gotta disagree here. I think album wise, this been one of the best recent years

Exactly...one of the best years in Hip Hop of this decade.... 2010 - now
  • saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas's album still not being done.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruse Wane NOT droppin' the highly anticipated follow up album to the all time classic Earl Manigault Of Rap

bqfojqvf4xmc.jpg
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotta be Meek. My dude got real life problems. Not saying he the only one but when you look at the pendulum swing its crucial. He went from a major factor in hip hop to just tryna see the free world. That's different than a ? who didn't drop that hot album.