Options
    I like Rigo

But hes either going to lose competitively

Or get screwed

Im pulling for that ? tho
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/loma-rigo-espn-announce-team-tessitore-kriegel-tim-bradley--123183
    Loma-Rigo - ESPN Announce Team: Tessitore, Kriegel, Tim Bradley
    By ESPN

The biggest boxing match of the year airs live on ESPN Saturday, December 9 from the Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Top Rank on ESPN will drop gloves just after 9 p.m. ET with a full slate of marquee fights on ESPN, ESPN Deportes on ESPN, ESPN Deportes and the ESPN App following the live presentation of the 2017 Heisman Trophy Ceremony.

Calling the fight for ESPN will be Joe Tessitore and Mark Kriegel, with guest analyst Tim Bradley, reporter Bernardo Osuna and on-location contributor Stephen A. Smith. ESPN Deportes’ coverage includes play-by-play from Pablo Viruega and analyst Delvin Rodriguez.

Two of the top ten pound-for-pound fighters in the world collide for the WBO Junior Lightweight World Title as champion Vasiliy Lomachenko (9-1-0, 7 KO) defends his belt against the unbeaten WBA Super Bantamweight world champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (17-0-0, 11 KO). Saturday’s fight marks the first time in boxing history that two-time Olympic Gold Medal winners will face each other at the professional level. Rigondeaux won Gold at the 2000 Sydney and 2004 Athens Olympic Games while Lomachenko won Gold at the 2008 Beijing and 2012 London Olympic Games. The International Boxing Hall of Fame will enshrine both pairs of gloves used in Saturday’s bout.

Three additional fights round out Saturday’s TV card with marquee appearances by rising stars Shakur Stevenson, Chris Diaz and ? Conlan. ESPN3 airs Top Rank undercards available in English and Spanish beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET.

ESPN’s official coverage of fight week kicked off Tuesday, December 5 with five Top Rank athletes on the Bristol campus for a Car Wash featuring a live SportsCenter appearance for Lomachenko. The final press conference streamed live on ESPN3 Thursday, December 7 and the weigh-in airs live on ESPN2 Friday, December 8 at 2 p.m. ET. Also available on fight night Saturday, December 9 will be a five-box mosaic offering Around the Ring streaming live on ESPN3 and the ESPN App with enhanced views of the ring as well as access to both fighter locker rooms and corner cameras.

Smh @ Tim “We Are in Argentina” Bradley being the on call of this fight...
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/bob-arum-very-open-talent-trades-with-showtime--123187
    Bob Arum Very Open To Do Talent "Trades" With Showtime
    By Radio Rahim

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum has made it no secret that he's no fan of the current leadership at HBO Sports, but he's more than willing to have a working relationship with Showtime and their parent company, CBS.

Earlier this year, Arum's company parted ways with HBO and signed an exclusive multi-year agreement with ESPN.

However, there are big fights to be made with fighters who may be contracted elsewhere.

For example, one of Arum's star fighters, Terence Crawford, is heading up to the welterweight division - but the bulk of the welterweight talent, and the welterweight champions, are tied to Showtime.

Arum has no problem with working out a talent trade relationship with Showtime Sports head Stephen Espinoza - an arrangement where the two sides would make talent available to each other for necessary fights.

The veteran promoters realizes that it's not realistic to believe that every significant fight involving one his boxers will end up on ESPN.

Maybe Crawford fights a Showtime fighter like Keith Thurman on ESPN, but an ESPN fighter like Manny Pacquiao would fight Danny Garcia on Showtime.

That's the kind of relationship Arum is aiming for - a scenario that benefits both sides.

"Lets not look at promoters particularly, lets look at networks. Over at Showtime, Espinoza is a very smart guy. And his boss is a very big fight fan, a good friend of mine, Les Moonves, and Moonves will make these fights happen. They can't all be on ESPN nor can they all be on Showtime - so there is something called trade," Arum told BoxingScene.com.

"The big boys, whether it's CBS, ABC, FOX, ESPN - they have no problem with college football... arranging who gets which game and so forth. I think it will be the same and it should be the same with Showtime, CBS and Top Rank - that if they need a Top Rank fighter to fight on Showtime, we'll make them available. And if there is a fighter who traditionally fights on Showtime or CBS, they will make him available to ESPN.

"I think that we'll work very, very well with [Showtime, CBS] - at least that's my hope."
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched the weigh in. It was entertaining
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

all the hate floyd got is cuz other guys wanted to do the same ? he was and their fans the same
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

all the hate floyd got is cuz other guys wanted to do the same ? he was and their fans the same

being broke throws self respect out of the window
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    hey i forgot who i bet the 50 on Rigo with..make urself known
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@JLacey

@Elzo69Renaissance you a ? ' rookie haha How you gonna forget who you bet REAL money with ? ?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »

@JLacey

@Elzo69Renaissance you a ? ' rookie haha How you gonna forget who you bet REAL money with ? ?

Meh I got money all over the streets with this fight this lil 50 bucks is inconsequential
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How the ? has Rigo fought so few times? My lighter weight class knowledge is ? , so I'm open for the schooling on him and his opponent.

Also, Pacquiao being ? in the pockets and reaching out to McGregor is sad. Like him or not, Pac's legacy is earned and I hate to see him reaching to the peanut gallery for scraps.
  • Mastery
    edited December 2017
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    How the ? has Rigo fought so few times? My lighter weight class knowledge is ? , so I'm open for the schooling on him and his opponent.

Also, Pacquiao being ? in the pockets and reaching out to McGregor is sad. Like him or not, Pac's legacy is earned and I hate to see him reaching to the peanut gallery for scraps.

They both have extensive amateur backgrounds and are regarded by some as two of the best amateurs in history. Lomachenko has right under 400 amateur fights and 2 gold medals. Rigondeaux has almost 500 amateur fights and 2 gold medals.

Can't believe you don't know who either is, regardless of weight class haha

@KNiGHTS
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    edited December 2017
    Options
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »

@JLacey

Meh I got money all over the streets with this fight this lil 50 bucks is inconsequential

You trying to make it 100?
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Let's see how the narrative switches up if this becomes reality smh
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/espn-confirms-teddy-atlas-work-loma-rigo-broadcast--123152
    ESPN Confirms Teddy Atlas Won't Work Loma-Rigo Broadcast
    By Keith Idec

Longtime ESPN boxing analyst Teddy Atlas won’t work the cable network’s telecast Saturday night of the highly anticipated Vasyl Lomachenko-Guillermo Rigondeaux fight.

Yahoo! Sports’ Chris Mannix reported Wednesday that the outspoken Atlas, a former trainer who has worked ESPN boxing broadcasts for nearly 20 years, won’t take his usual ringside seat alongside blow-by-blow announcer Joe Tessitore in The Theater at Madison Square Garden. The move comes less than month after Atlas spent a significant portion of an ESPN broadcast verbally sparring against Mark Kriegel, a former newspaper columnist and new member of the network’s announcing team.

That distracting dynamic drew criticism from television and radio columnists and fans following the November 11 broadcast from Fresno, California.

It is not known if the arguing between the always-animated Atlas and Kriegel had anything to do with Atlas’ removal from the Lomachenko-Rigondeaux broadcast or if it’s a permanent move. Stephanie Druley, an ESPN senior vice president for event and studio production, did tell Mannix that Staten Island’s Atlas, 61, has provided a feature piece for Saturday’s telecast and will continue to contribute to the network’s boxing coverage.

“Teddy’s expertise and knowledge of boxing is unparalleled and he will continue to be part of our boxing coverage,” Druley said. “As we embark upon a new approach with our boxing coverage, we are also going to utilize different talent lineups.”

She did not confirm the team that’ll work Saturday’s telecast.

The four-fight telecast is scheduled to begin at 9 p.m. EST/6 p.m. PST. In addition to the 12-round, 130-pound title bout between Ukraine’s Lomachenko (9-1, 7 KOs) and Cuba’s Rigondeaux (17-0, 11 KOs, 1 NC), it’ll include fights featuring 2016 Olympic silver medalist Shakur Stevenson (3-0, 1 KO), a featherweight from Newark, New Jersey, Irish featherweight prospect Michael Conlan (4-0, 4 KOs) and Puerto Rican super featherweight contender Christopher Diaz (21-0, 13 KOs).

THIS.....
    maxresdefault.jpg

PLUS THIS....
    maxresdefault.jpg

EQUALS

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/espn-confirms-teddy-atlas-work-loma-rigo-broadcast--123152
    ESPN Confirms Teddy Atlas Won't Work Loma-Rigo Broadcast
    By Keith Idec

Longtime ESPN boxing analyst Teddy Atlas won’t work the cable network’s telecast Saturday night of the highly anticipated Vasyl Lomachenko-Guillermo Rigondeaux fight.

Yahoo! Sports’ Chris Mannix reported Wednesday that the outspoken Atlas, a former trainer who has worked ESPN boxing broadcasts for nearly 20 years, won’t take his usual ringside seat alongside blow-by-blow announcer Joe Tessitore in The Theater at Madison Square Garden. The move comes less than month after Atlas spent a significant portion of an ESPN broadcast verbally sparring against Mark Kriegel, a former newspaper columnist and new member of the network’s announcing team.

That distracting dynamic drew criticism from television and radio columnists and fans following the November 11 broadcast from Fresno, California.

It is not known if the arguing between the always-animated Atlas and Kriegel had anything to do with Atlas’ removal from the Lomachenko-Rigondeaux broadcast or if it’s a permanent move. Stephanie Druley, an ESPN senior vice president for event and studio production, did tell Mannix that Staten Island’s Atlas, 61, has provided a feature piece for Saturday’s telecast and will continue to contribute to the network’s boxing coverage.

“Teddy’s expertise and knowledge of boxing is unparalleled and he will continue to be part of our boxing coverage,” Druley said. “As we embark upon a new approach with our boxing coverage, we are also going to utilize different talent lineups.”

She did not confirm the team that’ll work Saturday’s telecast.

The four-fight telecast is scheduled to begin at 9 p.m. EST/6 p.m. PST. In addition to the 12-round, 130-pound title bout between Ukraine’s Lomachenko (9-1, 7 KOs) and Cuba’s Rigondeaux (17-0, 11 KOs, 1 NC), it’ll include fights featuring 2016 Olympic silver medalist Shakur Stevenson (3-0, 1 KO), a featherweight from Newark, New Jersey, Irish featherweight prospect Michael Conlan (4-0, 4 KOs) and Puerto Rican super featherweight contender Christopher Diaz (21-0, 13 KOs).

THIS.....
    maxresdefault.jpg

PLUS THIS....
    maxresdefault.jpg

EQUALS

Good he was getting paid under the table to overhype Loma I could already tell
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lookin 4ward to the Lomachenko fight tonight
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If rigo gets dominated alot of so called boxing experts will be embarrassed
  • Mastery
    Options
    If rigo gets dominated alot of so called boxing experts will be embarrassed

No they won't. Most boxing experts are picking Lomachenko to win (rightfully so). He holds most of the advantages here. If Loma loses, then you can say those boxing experts are going to be embarrased. Rigo is a 3-1 underdog for a reason.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Options
    Rigo's the older guy, smaller guy, less activity over the last few years, not the one being hyped by so-called experts as P4P, and ultimately Bob Arum's cash-cow aka Pacquiao 2.0
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    plus he was blackballed for beating arums last cash cow in nonito