The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    If rigo gets dominated alot of so called boxing experts will be embarrassed

No they won't. Most boxing experts are picking Lomachenko to win (rightfully so). He holds most of the advantages here. If Loma loses, then you can say those boxing experts are going to be embarrased. Rigo is a 3-1 underdog for a reason.

Every person that has anything to do with boxing that I’ve seen says it’s a 50/50 fight but the odds are 3-1. Doesn’t make sense.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Doesnt matter who gets beat its not and indictment on who they are their pedigree, their accolades are anything of that sort. the winner will get all the praise he deserves

@Elzo69Renaissance care to wager.. im tryin to take sweaters off your lil dog b

$25 ... and a $25 ko sweetner
  • playmaker88
    Options
    JLacey wrote: »

No they won't. Most boxing experts are picking Lomachenko to win (rightfully so). He holds most of the advantages here. If Loma loses, then you can say those boxing experts are going to be embarrased. Rigo is a 3-1 underdog for a reason.

Every person that has anything to do with boxing that I’ve seen says it’s a 50/50 fight but the odds are 3-1. Doesn’t make sense.

The Odds are the odds thats totally independent of whats what.. there are marrying factors but a big factor is the name recognition its as close to a pickem fight.. as you can get
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

Im seeing alot of Rigo praise, its been this way before the fight was announced. Everyone ducking rigo. Yea Rigodeaux is gonna get his ass whipped
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Doesnt matter who gets beat its not and indictment on who they are their pedigree, their accolades are anything of that sort. the winner will get all the praise he deserves

@Elzo69Renaissance care to wager.. im tryin to take sweaters off your lil dog b

$25 ... and a $25 ko sweetner

Who u got
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Rigo's the older guy, smaller guy, less activity over the last few years, not the one being hyped by so-called experts as P4P, and ultimately Bob Arum's cash-cow aka Pacquiao 2.0
    Right, arum did an interview on mike and mike before his last fight and compared dude to ali..i know he tryna hype his fighter but that ? was ?

• playmaker88
    Options
    I got Lomachenko
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    I got Lomachenko

25 then? Bet
  • JLacey
    Options
    So if he stops Rigo tonight he’s not in the number 1 p4p discussion? It’s well deserved hype. Y’all talking like Loma hasn’t put in the work
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WAR RIGO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSw_jYFXplw

Body punches in the early rounds....BOOM!
  • playmaker88
    Options
    I got Lomachenko

25 then? Bet

and 25 for a knock out its a deal @Elzo69Renaissance @pathos just pay me now i need to reup my fanduel
  • playmaker88
    Options
    So if he stops Rigo tonight he’s not in the number 1 p4p discussion? It’s well deserved hype. Y’all talking like Loma hasn’t put in the work

why bother
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Options
    I got Lomachenko

25 then? Bet

and 25 for a knock out its a deal @Elzo69Renaissance @pathos just pay me now i need to reup my fanduel

Aite
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Josa Ramirez
    Orlando Salido (L)
    Gary Russell Jr.
    Suriyah Tatakuhn
    Gamalier Rodriguez
    Romulo Koasicha
    Roman Martinez
    Nicholas Walters
    Jason Sosa (who a washed Gamboa just beat)
    Miguel Marriaga

You call that putting in work ? ? Smmfh. His skills are undeniable, but his resume?

Same with Rigondeaux. His skills are undeniable but his resume isn't all that either.

We both KNOW Rigo been getting ducked for YEARS as he offers too much risk and little reward.

To answer your question though, a victory over Rigondeaux will def help Loma's case for P4P supremacy. Idk if it's number 1, but he should be in the discussion. Crawford has made a better case for #1 imo.

Same question to you. If Rigo win, is he in the discussion for #1 P4P?

@JLacey
  • Mastery
    Options
    @playmaker88

What are your thoughts?
  • Mastery
    Options

Im seeing alot of Rigo praise, its been this way before the fight was announced. Everyone ducking rigo. Yea Rigodeaux is gonna get his ass whipped

People ducking Rigo is facts though.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    I think they both have a case.. i mean if you speaking resume in volume of course not but if your talking resume in quality and execution which trumps volume. then on top of that they are fighting each other ...
  • Mastery
    Options
    “He’s 37 years old and this weight, it’s not like heavyweight,” Lomachenko explained. “It’s not like (Bernard) Hopkins at middleweight. When you fight at heavyweight like George Foreman, you can have just experience and one-shot power. You can fight long.

“But if you fight at a small weight category. after 30 years, your speed, your reaction (time) slow down and you can’t stay focused at 35 years, 36 years. You think you can do, but you can’t. It’s nature. You can’t use the same speed like you used it 10 years ago. So we’ll see.”

https://www.ringtv.com/523219-vasyl-lomachenko-guillermo-rigondeaux-wanted-fight-careers-finished/

I know he speaking facts, but I don't think Loma should go in there expecting Rigo to be slow.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Put in work with 9 victories? Yeah aight
  • JLacey
    Options

Josa Ramirez
    Orlando Salido (L)
    Gary Russell Jr.
    Suriyah Tatakuhn
    Gamalier Rodriguez
    Romulo Koasicha
    Roman Martinez
    Nicholas Walters
    Miguel Marriaga

You call that putting in work ? ? Smmfh. His skills are undeniable, but his resume?

Same with Rigondeaux. His skills are undeniable but his resume isn't all that either.

We both KNOW Rigo been getting ducked for YEARS as he offers too much risk and little reward.

To answer your question though, a victory over Rigondeaux will def help Loma's case for P4P supremacy. Idk if it's number 1, but he should be in the discussion. Crawford has made a better case for #1 imo.

@JLacey

Same Walters that beat Donaire. Walters was good. Gary Russell jr is a great win. He just fought salido too early. ? don’t fight championship level fights that soon. His resume is better than Rigo’s. But yeah i think Rigo is if he wins tonight. How can ? say this probably the best boxing match skill wise and not say the winner at least in consideration for p4p number 1
  • playmaker88
    Options
    @Mastery Gamboa didn't "Win"
  • JLacey
    Options
    Martinez is competition too and you see what he did to him. He’s fought the names that are at his weight at the time
  • Mastery
    Options

Josa Ramirez
    Orlando Salido (L)
    Gary Russell Jr.
    Suriyah Tatakuhn
    Gamalier Rodriguez
    Romulo Koasicha
    Roman Martinez
    Nicholas Walters
    Miguel Marriaga

@JLacey

Same Walters that beat Donaire. Walters was good. Gary Russell jr is a great win. He just fought salido too early. ? don’t fight championship level fights that soon. His resume is better than Rigo’s. But yeah i think Rigo is if he wins tonight. How can ? say this probably the best boxing match skill wise and not say the winner at least in consideration for p4p number 1
    Who said Loma wasn't in the discussion?
  • JLacey
    Options
    Rigo's the older guy, smaller guy, less activity over the last few years, not the one being hyped by so-called experts as P4P, and ultimately Bob Arum's cash-cow aka Pacquiao 2.0
    Lol whoever that is and all y’all discredit all his wins like he not fighting pretty much the best he can get at the weight he’s at
  • JLacey
    Options

Josa Ramirez
    Orlando Salido (L)
    Gary Russell Jr.
    Suriyah Tatakuhn
    Gamalier Rodriguez
    Romulo Koasicha
    Roman Martinez
    Nicholas Walters
    Miguel Marriaga

@JLacey

Who said Loma wasn't in the discussion?

Who said he was? ? trash Atlas for having him number 1