The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone know what Teddy was saying about Nonito before the fight with Rigo?
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JLacey wrote: »
    So if he stops Rigo tonight he’s not in the number 1 p4p discussion? It’s well deserved hype. Y’all talking like Loma hasn’t put in the work

No, top 5?? Sure i guess, but #1???? Hell no
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    So if he stops Rigo tonight he’s not in the number 1 p4p discussion? It’s well deserved hype. Y’all talking like Loma hasn’t put in the work

Josa Ramirez
    Orlando Salido (L)
    Gary Russell Jr.
    Suriyah Tatakuhn
    Gamalier Rodriguez
    Romulo Koasicha
    Roman Martinez
    Nicholas Walters
    Jason Sosa (who a washed Gamboa just beat)
    Miguel Marriaga

You call that putting in work ? ? Smmfh. His skills are undeniable, but his resume?

Same with Rigondeaux. His skills are undeniable but his resume isn't all that either.

We both KNOW Rigo been getting ducked for YEARS as he offers too much risk and little reward.

To answer your question though, a victory over Rigondeaux will def help Loma's case for P4P supremacy. Idk if it's number 1, but he should be in the discussion. Crawford has made a better case for #1 imo.

Same question to you. If Rigo win, is he in the discussion for #1 P4P?

@JLacey

Same Walters that beat Donaire. Walters was good. Gary Russell jr is a great win. He just fought salido too early. ? don’t fight championship level fights that soon. His resume is better than Rigo’s. But yeah i think Rigo is if he wins tonight. How can ? say this probably the best boxing match skill wise and not say the winner at least in consideration for p4p number 1

Foh with Walters

He looked sluggish after moving up in weight

He was food
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Loma gettin 1.2 mill, Rigo gettin 400k....
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol I see a lot of Lomachenko haters in this ? . Give me a resume that has a better first 12 fights. Rigondeaux bout to get his ass handed to him tonight and y’all about to cry. Lol. Lomachenko too big.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't ? wait. Having a mini fight party tonight. I forgot Shakur Stevenson fights tonight too, gotta represent for the home town.

I'm confident Rigo can pull this off. Loma never experienced power like this before, there should be plenty of opportunities for counters and body shots once the cautiousness of the first couple rounds wears off. Rigo weighed 130 today and Loma weighed 137, not too crazy of a size difference honestly.

Either way it's a W, this fight is way bigger than his fight with Nonito. I'm pretty sure he'll get some more good fights after this whether it be Frampton, Santa Cruz, etc.. because his purses been way too small for his skill level thus far. He deserves a couple pay days before he retires after being ducked all this time.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    Lomachenko too big.
    At least you honest with your assessment. Are you saying if they were the same size you'd give Rigo more of a chance?

@? _Caesar
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    @? _Caesar hope you can PayPal me the money immediately after the fight.. need some extra 1s for the strip club tonight
  • Mastery
    Options
    If rigo gets dominated alot of so called boxing experts will be embarrassed

No they won't. Most boxing experts are picking Lomachenko to win (rightfully so). He holds most of the advantages here. If Loma loses, then you can say those boxing experts are going to be embarrased. Rigo is a 3-1 underdog for a reason.

Every person that has anything to do with boxing that I’ve seen says it’s a 50/50 fight but the odds are 3-1. Doesn’t make sense.

@JLacey

If you seen it as 50/50 you wouldn't be choosin' Loma to dominate and KO Rigo. Let's be real.
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If rigo gets dominated alot of so called boxing experts will be embarrassed

No they won't. Most boxing experts are picking Lomachenko to win (rightfully so). He holds most of the advantages here. If Loma loses, then you can say those boxing experts are going to be embarrased. Rigo is a 3-1 underdog for a reason.

Every person that has anything to do with boxing that I’ve seen says it’s a 50/50 fight but the odds are 3-1. Doesn’t make sense.

@JLacey

If you seen it as 50/50 you wouldn't be choosin' Loma to dominate and KO Rigo. Let's be real.

I don’t think it is. More 60-40 to me. I think it would be closer if Loma wasn’t so much bigger
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does anyone know what channel the loma rigo is on, or have an acestream??

@playmaker88 Had to to hit you up lol You 99% got the hookup
  • JLacey
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »

It’s on ESPN
  • JLacey
    Options
    Lol DeGale lost to Truax that boy dirt
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lmao come on fam this aint even ppv

Thought this was a no judge zone
  • KLICHE
    Options

Lmao come on fam this aint even ppv

I never hide the fact I roll on a budget! lol
  • KLICHE
    Options
    I don't know who to go for really.. Some say RIGO old, at age 37 is he??

Some say LOMA ain't been in the pro's that long..

Some saying RIGO weight change will affect him...

I'm leaning toward LOMA, but RIGO look like a beast too
  • KLICHE
    Options
    how long till fight time, brethren?
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    how long till fight time, brethren?

9pm
  • Mastery
    Options
    http://www.boxingnews24.com/2017/12/lomachenko-137-4-rigondeaux-130-fight-day-weights/

Look like we gonna have a 145 lb fighter vs 130 lb fighter tonight haha. Rigo put on less than 2 pounds between the 1st and 2nd weigh ins. Loma put on damn near 8. He'll be 140+ by the fight, easy. If Rigo can pull this off, he'll get even more props.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Even tho they barely promoted the fight it's gonna do numbers because it comes right after Heisman ceremony. No other sports really on tonight nationally
  • Mastery
    Options
    “If you logically think, you have to pick Lomachenko because of all the advantages he has,” said trainer Virgil Hunter to Dontae’s Boxing Nation. ”First and foremost, starting with the size. Rigondeaux had to move up 2 weight classes. It’s quite obvious the advantages lie in his court,” said Hunter.
  • Mastery
    Options
    Glad we are going to have Wilder vs Ortiz after all.
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    “If you logically think, you have to pick Lomachenko because of all the advantages he has,” said trainer Virgil Hunter to Dontae’s Boxing Nation. ”First and foremost, starting with the size. Rigondeaux had to move up 2 weight classes. It’s quite obvious the advantages lie in his court,” said Hunter.

Lomo has height and weight but rigo has arm length. Lomo gonna make him work for that advantage no doubt. Also rigo has no game plan smh