[Netflix] Marvel's Jessica Jones 11.20.15

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I question the intelligence of some of the people in here. Why do ya'll keep questioning Jessica's powers? Did ya'll expect her to be punching holes in everybody she fought? Did ya'll forget that pretty much everyone she fought, was an innocent person that she was trying her best not to hurt. I mean someone in here asked how she could be punching holes in walls and jumping up to the top floor of buildings in one scene and then slow in the next. What the ? does super strength and shaky flight have to do with speed? Super speed isn't in her powerset.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I question the intelligence of some of the people in here. Why do ya'll keep questioning Jessica's powers? Did ya'll expect her to be punching holes in everybody she fought? Did ya'll forget that pretty much everyone she fought, was an innocent person that she was trying her best not to hurt. I mean someone in here asked how she could be punching holes in walls and jumping up to the top floor of buildings in one scene and then slow in the next. What the ? does super strength and shaky flight have to do with speed? Super speed isn't in her powerset.

Gotta agree.

Half the time she really didn't want to use her powers.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    finally finished it.

Before I watched, I read a couple non spoiler reviews. n ? online were acting like it was the best thing since sliced bread. n sayin it was better than Daredevil. meh. Its not a bad show, but its not great imo.

overall its a okay watch. acting is kinda average in spots. and bout the 1st 7 episodes were a real struggle watch for me. I jus wasnt really feelin it like that.

I did like the junkies character arc tho. and seeing the night nurse and Lester from The Wire again were both goat.

Smash the lawyers gf/assistant. Thats one sexy snow flake. That scene where she had her finger her was... i cant front replayed that part couple times lol. I kept waiting for her to smell her finger afterwards.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »
    JUST finished watching

last time i was in this thread, it had just come on, so i was like 10 pages behind

most of my criticisms were answered by @pissedoffnobody...good job btw fam

i was also curious as to how strong exactly JJ was. As many have stated, in one scene she is bending chairs like playdoh, and in the next, she is lying down after taking a board to the head.

It was almost on the level of Bruce Willis' character from Unbreakable where they are probably the strength of a few dudes strong and not super strong.

That was just a minor grievance of mine though, but i give it a strong 7-8/10

She holds back against people because we saw with her full force she can ? you with one punch. Other scenes are really for plot convenience lol.

to me, that is inconsistent to me

I mean, in the comics, do they really emphasize how strong she really is?

• CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    JUST finished watching

last time i was in this thread, it had just come on, so i was like 10 pages behind

i was also curious as to how strong exactly JJ was. As many have stated, in one scene she is bending chairs like playdoh, and in the next, she is lying down after taking a board to the head.

It was almost on the level of Bruce Willis' character from Unbreakable where they are probably the strength of a few dudes strong and not super strong.

She holds back against people because we saw with her full force she can ? you with one punch. Other scenes are really for plot convenience lol.

yes they do, she is a class 40 strength hero which is 40-50 tons. She was toned down from that in the show
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    JUST finished watching

From the comics to the movie everyone has been toned down with their abilities. Winter Soldier and Cap to me were buffed though at least WS was because in the comics it's his arm that was the sole advantage. Now he's also superhunan along with it. Thor is who I'm disappointed in as far as lack of abilities.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JUST finished watching

From the comics to the movie everyone has been tones down with their abilities. Winter Soldier and Cap to me were buffed though at least WS was because in the comics it's his arm that was the sole advantage. Now he's also superhunan along with it. Thor is who I'm disappointed in as far as lack of abilities.

Cap hasn't been buffed. His depiction in the MCU is pretty spot on.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Rosario Dawson in scrubs >>>>>>>

Rosario Dawson out of scrubs>>>>>>>.
    S7PtHUC.jpg

I cant see the picture but lemme guess. its that nude scene from alexander right?
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just finished daredevil season 2, ? was dope.

Thinking bout watching Jessica Jones, but im only hear it get compliments from girls......howd yall find it?

(Since im not gonna read 17 pages of this thread)
  • lethal5
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »

Thinking bout watching Jessica Jones, but im only hear it get compliments from girls......howd yall find it?

It is a good show with a largely female cast but it's not soft ass material, the villain is a mind controlling serial ? and Luke Cage is a cool customer. There's some serious gory moments and sick, brutal scenes in at least 3 episodes, arguably 5 depending on how you feel about some of the ? that goes down with Kilgrave. It's not a superhero show as much as it is a modern noir thriller with a female detective who hates superpowers even though she has them too. I will say the same thing I've said to you as I have everyone else, if you don't get it by the end of episode 4 then just quit it and find something else. It's good and actually got some ? up situations that make you sick so not for everyone with certain expectations of a superhero show.

Cool,
    I'll probably start checkin this out tonight.
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeh i watched it immediately after DD2.

? i liked it. still had the dark, grimey vibe that DD has. I think the flow of the story was a bit, i dunno how to explain it, but it just didnt always flow right for me...then again i binge watched so maybe i overloaded.

the main character is cool, Luke Cage and Kilgrave are awesome characters.

id defiinitely watch the second series. Oh and the minimal fight scenes were not that great (to me) but i think that more came from watching it straight after DD.

I can also see why it got so much love from the females, kinda reminded me of charmed on steroids (nothing to do with witches, just the soap opera kinda vibe).

Give it a chance and try to not compare it to DD and you should enjoy it
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »

It is a good show with a largely female cast but it's not soft ass material, the villain is a mind controlling serial ? and Luke Cage is a cool customer. There's some serious gory moments and sick, brutal scenes in at least 3 episodes, arguably 5 depending on how you feel about some of the ? that goes down with Kilgrave. It's not a superhero show as much as it is a modern noir thriller with a female detective who hates superpowers even though she has them too. I will say the same thing I've said to you as I have everyone else, if you don't get it by the end of episode 4 then just quit it and find something else. It's good and actually got some ? up situations that make you sick so not for everyone with certain expectations of a superhero show.

good depiction of it. You are exactly right, plus Luke Cage beast Jessica Jones a few times in it too!
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JUST finished watching

She's strong but not hard bodied like Cage. I believe she's meant to be a one tonne superhero at her upper limit so she's got similar upper limits to Cap but not the enhanced muscle density/bullet proof skin of Cap and Cage. So she can jump a square block but blades and bullets still ? , she still feels pain and can be hurt, and she probably couldn't dive from 3000 feet into the ocean without a parachute like Cap can.

im pretty sure shes supposed to be way stronger than Cap
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Jessica Jones is supposed to be a class 4 strength hero around 40 tons, but she was toned all the way down for Netfix.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea i finally pushed through and i'm out on season 2
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cap does not have bullet proof skin!
  • lethal5
    Options
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    yeh i watched it immediately after DD2.

? i liked it. still had the dark, grimey vibe that DD has. I think the flow of the story was a bit, i dunno how to explain it, but it just didnt always flow right for me...then again i binge watched so maybe i overloaded.

the main character is cool, Luke Cage and Kilgrave are awesome characters.

id defiinitely watch the second series. Oh and the minimal fight scenes were not that great (to me) but i think that more came from watching it straight after DD.

I can also see why it got so much love from the females, kinda reminded me of charmed on steroids (nothing to do with witches, just the soap opera kinda vibe).

Give it a chance and try to not compare it to DD and you should enjoy it

Props,
    Im gonna definitely give this show a try

• gns
    edited March 2016
    Options
    gns wrote: »

Didn't say he did, but he does have enhanced musculature. The Super Soldier Serum was basically super HGH so his bones, muscle fibres, tendons, ligaments and physical abilities are all at either Olympic level or superhuman standards. Not superpowered, but superhuman. So no, he isn't bullet proof but he went toe to toe with Ultron Prime and dived out of a plane from 3000 feet without breaking every ? bone in his body from terminal velocity on impact with the water's surface tension.
    JUST finished watching

She's strong but not hard bodied like Cage. I believe she's meant to be a one tonne superhero at her upper limit so she's got similar upper limits to Cap but not the enhanced muscle density/bullet proof skin of Cap and Cage. So she can jump a square block but blades and bullets still ? , she still feels pain and can be hurt, and she probably couldn't dive from 3000 feet into the ocean without a parachute like Cap can.

Yes u did!
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • lethal5
    Options
    That Black woman in episode one had a fat ass
  • gns
    Options

Didn't say he did, but he does have enhanced musculature. The Super Soldier Serum was basically super HGH so his bones, muscle fibres, tendons, ligaments and physical abilities are all at either Olympic level or superhuman standards. Not superpowered, but superhuman. So no, he isn't bullet proof but he went toe to toe with Ultron Prime and dived out of a plane from 3000 feet without breaking every ? bone in his body from terminal velocity on impact with the water's surface tension.
    JUST finished watching

Yes u did!

... you can't read. The slash was to assign the enhanced muscle density to Cap and the bullet proof skin to Cage. Please ask an adult with better reading comprehension skills than your own to help you next time you try to disseminate one of my posts incorrectly. Don't mistake your flaws for mine out of self serving ignorance because you lack in literacy.

You wrote all that ? when you couldve just been an adult and admit you were wrong
    ? called me everything except a poopyhead
  • gns
    Options
    Blah blah blah cap doesnt have bulletproof skin dude
    Do some fact checking before you type nonsense again
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MoeW
    MoeW Members Posts: 187 ✭✭
    Options