The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    DQxYv_kVAAERvSf.jpg

he cheddar bobbed himself

giphy.gif
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the biggest problems in this country is people bend over backwards to appeal to the whims of racist white people "economically depressed" time and time again.. You cant scold them..... more recently you cant really bring in obama as far as this robocall because.. his mere presence/name offends them..

? THEM RACIST CRACKERS.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    One of the biggest problems in this country is people bend over backwards to appeal to the whims of racist white people "economically depressed" time and time again.. You cant scold them..... more recently you cant really bring in obama as far as this robocall because.. his mere presence/name offends them..

? THEM RACIST CRACKERS.

its all part of the game. they jus need their votes to stay in office. and they want to stay in office so they can keep getting money from their donors. it is what it is.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Noticing maaad new russian people on my block cold.war ?

Sounds like you're living in an episode of The Americans.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao sarah is dumb as ? mad at media for false leading the american people yet nothin but lies come outta trumps mouth and he shouldnt be held accountable wow
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-accusers-press-conference-monday
    Group Of Trump Accusers To Call For Congressional Probe On Monday

A group of women who have accused President Donald Trump of sexual misconduct will come forward on Monday and call on Congress to investigate claims made about Trump.

The women who will speak out in a press conference at 10:30 a.m. Monday morning were featured in the video “16 Women and Donald Trump” from Brave New Films. The accusers will share their stories of Trump groping, forcibly kissing, and harassing women, according to a press release from Brave New Films.

After the infamous “Access Hollywood” tape revealing Trump bragging about groping women was released about a month before the 2016 election, Trump faced a barrage of sexual misconduct allegations. Trump denied the allegations and pressed on with the campaign, going on to win the White House.

The accusations about Trump have come under increased scrutiny over the past few months as several prominent politicians and members of the media have been accused of sexual misconduct. Trump has also thrown his support behind Republican Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore, who faces sexual misconduct allegations as well.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-happy-women-coming-forward-doesnt-believe-them
    WH: Trump Is Happy Women Are Coming Forward, Doesn’t Believe His Accusers

The White House said Monday that President Trump wants women to feel comfortable coming forward with allegations of sexual misconduct, but that doesn’t mean he believes every accusation, especially those levied against him.

“As the President said himself, he thinks it’s a good thing that women are coming forward, but he also feels strongly that a mere allegation shouldn’t determine the course and in this case, the President has denied any of these allegations as have eyewitnesses and several reports have shown those eyewitnesses also back up the President’s claims in this process,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders. “The American people knew this and voted for the President and we feel like we’re ready to move forward in that process.”

In recent weeks, Trump has said he thinks it’s a good thing that more women are coming forward, but he has since backed Alabama Senate Republican candidate Roy Moore, who has been accused by multiple women of sexual misconduct toward them when they were teens.

Before the election, Trump was accused by more than a dozen women of sexual harassment and assault. Trump has denied all the claims and called the women liars.

On Monday, three of Trump’s accusers went public and asked for a congressional ethics probe into the allegations against him. In the last week, several Democratic lawmakers have called on the President to resign, including Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) and Kirsten Gillabrand (D-NY).

The White House has continuously defended the President, saying the American people made a judgment on whether they believed the Trump accusers by electing him President. On Monday, Sanders mildly dialed back on that outright rejection of the claims and suggested there were “eye witnesses” to refute the women’s accusations.

“The President has addressed these accusations directly and denied all of these allegations and this took place long before he was elected to be President and the people of this country had a decisive election, supported President Trump, and we feel that these allegations have been answered through that process,” she said.

When asked whether she struggled personally, as a woman, with the President’s response to the allegations, Sanders shot down the question, saying she’s there to relay Trump’s message.

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lmao sarah is dumb as ? mad at media for false leading the american people yet nothin but lies come outta trumps mouth and he shouldnt be held accountable wow

Lol it's misleading, it's an actual word
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/sarah-sanders-fake-news-diatribe
    In Combative Exchange, WH Accuses Journalists Of Purposefully Misleading

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was combative Monday while accusing members of the press of purposefully reporting false information in order to damage the Trump administration.

But when asked to provide an example of purposefully misleading reporting, she cited an erroneous report from ABC News’ Brian Ross. However, there’s no indication Ross’ reporting was purposefully misleading, and Ross was suspended without pay and barred from reporting on Trump in the future by ABC News as a result of the error.

“When journalists make honest mistakes, they should own up to them, sometimes, and a lot of times you don’t,” Sanders responded to CNN’s Jim Acosta, who had contended that journalists can make honest mistakes without earning the President’s “fake news” label.

“But there’s a difference– I’m sorry. I’m not finished,” she continued, over a shouted question. “There’s a big difference between making honest mistakes and purposefully misleading the American people, something that happens regularly.”

Sanders continued, contending again that she wasn’t finished: “You cannot say that it’s an honest mistake when you’re purposefully putting out information that you know to be false or when you’re taking information that hasn’t been validated, that hasn’t been offered any credibility and that has been continually denied by a number of people including people with direct knowledge of an instance. This is something that — I’m speaking about the number of reports that have taken place over the last couple of weeks. I’m simply stating that there should be a certain level of responsibility in that process.”

Acosta objected: “Can you cite a specific story that you say is intentionally false that was intentionally put out there to mislead the American people?”

“Sure, the ABC report by Brian Ross,” Sanders replied. “I think that was pretty misleading to the American people, and I think that it’s very telling that that individual had to be suspended because of that reporting. I think that shows that the network took it seriously and recognized that it was a problem.”

What had begun with a remark about Trump’s attacks against the Washington Post’s Dave Weigel — for the reporter’s choice of photo representing the crowd size at Trump’s recent political rally in Pensacola, Florida — had turned into a misleading diatribe by Sanders. She had been asked for proof of purposely misleading reporting, and produced an example, Ross’, that was not purposeful.

Ross was suspended after reporting, based on an unnamed source, that Trump had instructed Michael Flynn to reach out to Russia when he was a presidential candidate, rather than as president-elect. The mistake — which would have represented a significant report — made huge waves, and ABC News’ corrections admitting Ross’ error were slow to arrive.

• marc123
    Options
    SHS might as well jus resign
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    SHS might as well jus resign

If that ? had any type of decency she wouldnt even be doin this ? but clearly, she gives zero ? and is totally fine going up there and defending ? day in and day out
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Since when is Obama African-American?
    Hes not a descendant of american slavery

• 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

His mother was an American white woman from Kansas
    His father was from Kenya, Africa
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You do not have to be descendant of slaves to be African American .
  • marc123
    Options
    SHS looks like she wears 10 pounds of make up smh
  • fortyacres
    Options

The ? ?
  • MarcusGarvey
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

Wrong. My nephew born in New York to two Jamaican parents is not African American. Immigrant blacks got to chill with the co-opting.
    Dreams of his Kenyan father? That part of his identity is a fraud. The whole point of African american was to delineate those who can trace their lineage to american slavery. Don't confuse race with ethnicity.
  • fortyacres
    edited December 2017
    Options

Wrong. My nephew born in New York to two Jamaican parents is not African American. Immigrant blacks got to chill with the co-opting.
    Dreams of his Kenyan father? That part of his identity is a fraud. The whole point of African american was to delineate those who can trace their lineage to american slavery. Don't confuse race with ethnicity.

his mother is American and he was born here , he is african american, you dont have to be of slave ancestry to be african american , thats not the right of passage .
  • MarcusGarvey
    edited December 2017
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

his mother is American and he was born here , he is african american, you dont have to be of slave ancestry to be african american , thats not the right of passage .

Because of his white american mother he is african american? Yall really gotta stop

Its funny cuz yall dont apply this to your own countries - lemme go to zimbabwe and claim ?

When people say reparations are due to african americans - who they talking about? Black immigrants who came 25 years ago?
  • fortyacres
    edited December 2017
    Options

Because of his white american mother he is african american? Yall really gotta stop

Its funny cuz yall dont apply this to your own countries - lemme go to zimbabwe and claim ?

When people say reparations are due to african americans - who they talking about? Black immigrants who came 25 years ago?

If you change your citizenship to Zimbabwean yes you are to be awarded all the priviledges of citizen.

lasttime i checked Barack Obama is not an immigrant he was born here , its not about how you feel buddy , its what it is and what the law says.

I am african american and have full citizenship here and i couldn't give a ? about reparations , give it to the people who have slave descendants but that does not make them more american than I.
  • MarcusGarvey
    edited December 2017
    Options

If you change your citizenship to Zimbabwean yes you are to be awarded all the priviledges of citizen.

lasttime i checked Barack Obama is not an immigrant he was born here , its not about how you feel buddy , its what it is and what the law says.

I am african american and have full citizenship here and i couldn't give a ? about reparations , give it to the people who have slave descendants but that does not make them more american than I.

Makes them more african american than you.
    Can i claim shona or ndebele?

Change your name you not entitled to no 40 acres
  • fortyacres
    Options

Makes them more african american than you.

they are entitled to "feel" that way if slavery is the only thing that they choose to define "them" or what citizenship is , but that aint and will never be the law.