The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Mr.LV wrote: »

Since when is Obama African-American?
    Hes not a descendant of american slavery

You do not have to be descendant of slaves to be African American .

Wrong. My nephew born in New York to two Jamaican parents is not African American. Immigrant blacks got to chill with the co-opting.
    Dreams of his Kenyan father? That part of his identity is a fraud. The whole point of African american was to delineate those who can trace their lineage to american slavery. Don't confuse race with ethnicity.

his mother is American and he was born here , he is african american, you dont have to be of slave ancestry to be african american , thats not the right of passage .

Because of his white american mother he is african american? Yall really gotta stop

Its funny cuz yall dont apply this to your own countries - lemme go to zimbabwe and claim ?

When people say reparations are due to african americans - who they talking about? Black immigrants who came 25 years ago?

If you change your citizenship to Zimbabwean yes you are to be awarded all the priviledges of citizen.

lasttime i checked Barack Obama is not an immigrant he was born here , its not about how you feel buddy , its what it is and what the law says.

I am african american and have full citizenship here and i couldn't give a ? about reparations , give it to the people who have slave descendants but that does not make them more american than I.

Makes them more african american than you.

they are entitled to "feel" that way if slavery is the only thing that they choose to define "them" or what citizenship is , but that aint and will never be the law.

Lemme claim Shona or Ndebele and see how quickly you tell a ? to fall back
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

Since when is Obama African-American?
    Hes not a descendant of american slavery

You do not have to be descendant of slaves to be African American .

Wrong. My nephew born in New York to two Jamaican parents is not African American. Immigrant blacks got to chill with the co-opting.
    Dreams of his Kenyan father? That part of his identity is a fraud. The whole point of African american was to delineate those who can trace their lineage to american slavery. Don't confuse race with ethnicity.

his mother is American and he was born here , he is african american, you dont have to be of slave ancestry to be african american , thats not the right of passage .

Because of his white american mother he is african american? Yall really gotta stop

Its funny cuz yall dont apply this to your own countries - lemme go to zimbabwe and claim ?

When people say reparations are due to african americans - who they talking about? Black immigrants who came 25 years ago?

If you change your citizenship to Zimbabwean yes you are to be awarded all the priviledges of citizen.

lasttime i checked Barack Obama is not an immigrant he was born here , its not about how you feel buddy , its what it is and what the law says.

I am african american and have full citizenship here and i couldn't give a ? about reparations , give it to the people who have slave descendants but that does not make them more american than I.

Makes them more african american than you.

they are entitled to "feel" that way if slavery is the only thing that they choose to define "them" or what citizenship is , but that aint and will never be the law.

Lemme claim Shona or Ndebele and see how quickly you tell a ? to fall back

Get the citizenship and you can claim whatever set you want buddy , we are not that tribal like you outchea.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

"Would do anything for them" when speaking about a woman
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muller aint gonna do it .. hes gonna do it himself
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

HA!!! this ? basically sayin she offered to suck his ? ! wtf. This ? tho. SMH
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is begging in quotes?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He speaking in third person,this guy right here is something else.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/spicer-book-trump-summer-2018
    Sean Spicer To Write A Book To ‘Set The Record Straight’ About Time With Trump

Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer announced on Monday night that he will write a book about his experience working for President Donald Trump during the campaign and in the White House.

“I looked back at the coverage of the campaign, the transition and the first six, seven months of this White House and realized the stories that are being told are not an accurate represent [sic] of what President Trump went through to get the nomination, to transition to the White House and then his first six months in office,” Spicer told Fox News’ Sean Hannity Monday night.

“I’ve decided that it is incumbent upon me to set the record straight,” he added.

He said that his book is scheduled to come out in the summer of 2018.

Spicer left the White House over the summer after spending several months defending Trump from behind the briefing room podium. He notoriously claimed that the crowd at Trump’s inauguration was the largest ever, which he said he later regretted.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/white-house-eyewitnesses-trump-accusers
    The WH Provided Three ‘Eyewitnesses’ To Disprove Trump Accusers. They Don’t. – Talking Points Memo

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders claimed Monday that multiple “eyewitnesses” had denied allegations of sexual misconduct made against President Donald Trump. But it’s not so simple.

“The President has denied any of these allegations, as have eyewitnesses,” Sanders said Monday. “And several reports have shown those eyewitnesses also back up the President’s claim in this process.” She added: “In terms of the specific eyewitness accounts, there have been multiple reports and I’d be happy to provide them to you after the briefing has completed.”

But late Monday night — despite the numerous women who have accused Trump of everything from walking into girls’ dressing rooms to sexual assault — the White House provided one outlet with just three names of purported eyewitnesses. Two of the White House’s “eyewitnesses” weren’t even in the same pageant as Samantha Holvey, the woman whose claims the White House asserted they’d denied.

One other eyewitness listed in an email to ThinkProgress denied, in an interview last year arranged by Trump campaign, a separate claim against Trump.

TPM requested the same list, but the White House has yet to provide it despite acknowledging the request.

Samantha Holvey asserted in October 2016 that Trump had walked backstage prior to the Miss USA pageant in 2006, and separately that he inspected each contestant, “up and down, head to toe,” at a promotional event. Her claims echoed Trump’s own admission in 2005, on Howard Stern’s show, that he would “go backstage and everyone’s getting dressed,” at his own pageants, “inspecting it.”

Neither of two “eyewitnesses” the White House provided ThinkProgress Monday night competed in the 2006 Miss USA pageant. Katie Blair competed in Miss Teen USA 2006, and Melissa Young competed in Miss USA 2005.

Young said in September 2016 that Trump was generous to her and her son when she was struggling with an illness years after she had competed in his pageant.

And Blair, who won her 2006 competition, said in October 2016 that she “never experienced” Trump “coming backstage and things like that, dressings rooms,” and that she didn’t “know anyone that has.”

At the time, that comment stood in contrast to multiple competitors in the 1997 Miss Teen USA pageant, including one woman who went on record, who told BuzzFeed that Trump walked into their dressing room. Former competitor Mariah Billado recalled Trump telling them, “Don’t worry, ladies, I’ve seen it all before.”

The White House also pointed ThinkProgress to Anthony Gilberthorpe, a well-known source for British tabloid stories who claimed last year to have been on the plane, and to have witnessed, what Jessica Leeds later described as Trump’s aggressive groping of her.

Gilberthorpe told the New York Post, in an interview arranged by the Trump campaign, that no groping took place, and rather that it was Leeds who was “trying too hard” and “wanted to marry” Trump.

Leeds claimed Trump tried to reach up her skirt. Gilberthorpe claimed she was wearing a pantsuit. Leeds says she told everyone she could in subsequent years about her experience with Trump on the plane. Gilberthorpe told the Post that he recognized Leeds when she held up a picture of her younger self in a video report published by the New York Times.

“I have a good photographic memory,” he said. The Post added: “Gilberthorpe has no evidence to back up his claim — just his self-described excellent memory.”

But, aside from his claims of recollection, Gilberthorpe’s earned more than a grain of salt: He is a frequent source for British tabloid stories, and, ThinkProgress noted, many of them have turned out to be made up or otherwise without corroborative evidence.

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why call it ? shaming.. i hate these stupid label trends.. its kind of saying she is a ? ..
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i still dont understand how ? and shame can be in the same word
  • marc123
    Options

I dont watch morning joe. But hella props to mica for goin there on live tv! Respect.

I only assumed trump was sayin she sucked his ? . But mica went ham, sayin trump said she gave up the ? .
  • marc123
    Options
    What a time to be alive
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    That tweet is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. Idiot opened pandora's box and didn't even realize it. Whoever said it might not be Mueller with the fatality in the end but Trump himself is right on the money.

They all know her story and will have no problem cosigning. That's why Warren was like "bruh that's the last lane you want to drive down." in her tweet. Man this guy is dumb.
  • marc123
    Options
    I hope the tweet doesnt get buried by the bama election. I hope he pays for that. Odds are he wont tho.
  • Broddie
    Options
    If they don't take his phone away from him after this they are dumber than we all thought. This is crazy.
  • marc123
    Options
    Crazy thought tho, imagine if she did offer the ? for campaign funds...

tenor.gif
  • marc123
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    If they don't take his phone away from him after this they are dumber than we all thought. This is crazy.

Huh? He is a grown man. They cant take away his phone. Im surprised twitter hasnt banned him
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    Crazy thought tho, imagine if she did offer the ? for campaign funds...

tenor.gif

She hasn't refute Trump's claims.
  • Broddie
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »

Huh? He is a grown man. They cant take away his phone. Im surprised twitter hasnt banned him

He is POTUS bruh. He is not just a grown man. Even Obama gave up all his personal devices. Not just trade one for another (gave the ss an android but got an iphone).
  • Broddie
    Options
    The point is it's a clear indicator that he's just another part of the swamp he claims to be draining. He does not want to open up that can of worms.