A Boogie wit Da Hoodie debut Album "The Bigger Artist" (9.29)

Options
124»

Comments

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boogie been killin NYC for the last year and a half, had the city on tilt last summer...every whip on the Ave was knocking his ? from BK to BX/uptown.

Son next up and imo gonna fill the lane that Drake been occupying for the last decade (his clock tickin) but on a smaller scale...anyone saying he wack is in denial, dude got an ear for beats, got decent bars, by all means he ain't no Nas or anyhting but is good enough to not be called wack like an Uzi, 21 etc...melodies, hooks, cadence is on another level...very few dudes could make street songs and transition to girl songs as seamlessly as he can, he reminds me of Fab in regards to versatility, where as he can do a song with anyone from Fab, to Young Dolph (get better soon), to Chris Brown, to Robin Thick and have it come off organic.

Dude is gonna be around for the next decade like it or not...his music will soon be unavoidable and on the radio 24/7 nationwide, book it...easily the best "artist" to come about in the past 5 years or so...needs to expand his vocabulary a bit and switch up the subject matter and he's outta here...he's only 21 so that will all come wit maturation and real life experiences.

9/10 album NYC we backkk!!...word.
    #freebobby
    #freerowdy

Nah
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    dwade206 wrote: »
    More hot garbage

Cut it out.. Did you even listen to the music?.. @dwade206

Yes. Straight ? stain music.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More hot garbage

Right
  • dwade206
    Options
    More hot garbage

Right

Wow, that’s impressive. My bad.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boogie been killin NYC for the last year and a half, had the city on tilt last summer...every whip on the Ave was knocking his ? from BK to BX/uptown.

Son next up and imo gonna fill the lane that Drake been occupying for the last decade (his clock tickin) but on a smaller scale...anyone saying he wack is in denial, dude got an ear for beats, got decent bars, by all means he ain't no Nas or anyhting but is good enough to not be called wack like an Uzi, 21 etc...melodies, hooks, cadence is on another level...very few dudes could make street songs and transition to girl songs as seamlessly as he can, he reminds me of Fab in regards to versatility, where as he can do a song with anyone from Fab, to Young Dolph (get better soon), to Chris Brown, to Robin Thick and have it come off organic.

Dude is gonna be around for the next decade like it or not...his music will soon be unavoidable and on the radio 24/7 nationwide, book it...easily the best "artist" to come about in the past 5 years or so...needs to expand his vocabulary a bit and switch up the subject matter and he's outta here...he's only 21 so that will all come wit maturation and real life experiences.

9/10 album NYC we backkk!!...word.
    #freebobby
    #freerowdy

The album is tight and all but not 9/10 and he don't make better music than Uzi, 21, Carti, etc.. and he's not about to take Drake's spot.. obvious y'all overhype artists from NYC
  • lucyajones
    lucyajones Members Posts: 25
    Options
    Em u got pull how the hellfire u got this stickied
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More hot garbage

Right

Lol Don't use sales to argue quality come on b
  • EmM HoLLa.
    Options
    More hot garbage

Right

My thing is cats are using hyperbole saying it's garbage.. Complete trash. And it's like okay. Maybe it isn't your kind of music and I respect that. But there are a lot of people out there who do appreciate the music. I don't see how anyone can listen to this and walk away and be like it's wack. It's not wack. Either u ain't listen or u just don't like this type of music.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    Options
    lucyajones wrote: »
    Em u got pull how the hellfire u got this stickied

A Boogie one of the hottest artist coming out of NY. Whoever made the thread woulda been able to get it stickied bro..
  • dwade206
    Options
    More hot garbage

Right

My thing is cats are using hyperbole saying it's garbage.. Complete trash. And it's like okay. Maybe it isn't your kind of music and I respect that. But there are a lot of people out there who do appreciate the music. I don't see how anyone can listen to this and walk away and be like it's wack. It's not wack. Either u ain't listen or u just don't like this type of music.

? wack
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More hot garbage

Right

? is crazy A boogie has sold more than Miley Cyrus a former disney star,her album moved 45,000(33,000 pure sales) she has 72.3 million followers on Instagram
  • EmM HoLLa.
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    More hot garbage

Right

? is crazy A boogie has sold more than Miley Cyrus a former disney star,her album moved 45,000(33,000 pure sales) she has 72.3 million followers on Instagram

He's gonna be a megastar in a minute.. And the IC will hate him like they hate other big rap acts..
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @EmM HoLLa. gotta be related to this guy
  • EmM HoLLa.
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    @EmM HoLLa. gotta be related to this guy

i just enjoy the music....
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More hot garbage

Right

It's all opinion tho, the amount of folks that buy the album doesn't change it from wack or not good to one person, u can't hear sales, u can hear music, to me it's solid, to others maybe not

• EmM HoLLa.
    Options
    More hot garbage

Right

It's all opinion tho, the amount of folks that buy the album doesn't change it from wack or not good to one person, u can't hear sales, u can hear music, to me it's solid, to others maybe not

For sure.. Ultimately, as I mentioned if it's wack to a person that means it doesn't ? their tastes. Which is fine. But if you're into this flavor of hip hop it's solid to very good..
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i'm going to give it another go.

i tried listening to it like a week ago and i couldnt get into it for whatever reason.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »

i tried listening to it like a week ago and i couldnt get into it for whatever reason.

One of my favs on the album right now.. He bodied this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CztEhik0wxo
  • dwade206
    Options

Yeah, it’s dope how he kept rhyming “? ” with “? .” That ? is a genius.
  • EmM HoLLa.
    Options
    Thanks to all that supported.. The Album is Gold..
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I dont mind this ? even though he sound like dej loaf he really be trying to spit i want him to succeed to see his artist development
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Took me a minute to get around to this joint and boogie altogether. My nephew been telling me how nice he is forever. This album is cool, I put some of his standout tracks from his other albums on the new one and made a nice little mix. Melodies n hook game are on super point
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How old are you fam??