The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with the first sentence.. Rigo is not overrated.. he just got beat by a jedi
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with the first sentence.. Rigo is not overrated.. he just got beat by a jedi

Still overrated to me. I mean he’s still a great fighter. Not saying he isn’t. But he’s beaten only one or two good fighters. And you put him in with a real test and he quits after being completely embarrassed. ? not p4p like people were saying before the fight. A p4p boxer doesn’t get beat up like that and quit
  • JLacey
    edited December 2017
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Nothing to do with size?

Your fandom has gone too far. The man said out his own mouth Rigo was too small. You can talk skill all day but he was bullying him. Rigo small for 122, you not going sit here and say size ain't matter

Nothing to do with size yeah. I get he was too small. But this wasn’t a case of Loma pressing him cause he’s the bigger man. He simply outboxed him. Rigo made zero adjustments and zero answers for the ? Loma was hitting him with
  • JLacey
    Options
    Khan was too small to fight Canelo. He was winning and got slumped cause he was too little. He outboxed Canelo and just got caught being the smaller guy and yeah his chin is suspect. But Rigo took the punches well. Wasn’t hurt or rocked any in the fight. He just got out skilled by a better boxer
  • playmaker88
    Options
    JLacey wrote: »

Still overrated to me. I mean he’s still a great fighter. Not saying he isn’t. But he’s beaten only one or two good fighters. And you put him in with a real test and he quits after being completely embarrassed. ? not p4p like people were saying before the fight. A p4p boxer doesn’t get beat up like that and quit

thats silly fam but you got it.
  • JLacey
    Options

thats silly fam but you got it.

Nah not really. ? beat Donaire 4 years ago. And has been dropped in other fights with lesser opponents and had a few terrible fights. So how does a guy with one great win in 4 years get considered p4p. So if Crawford would have went into his last fight and gotten beaten up and quit you’d still say he’s pound for pound?
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »
    ? is really debating if Loma could of beat a 130 Floyd. The same Floyd that bodied Corrales! I hate in the moment ass ? sometimes lol.

The moment? Go look back through my ? , I been saying Lomachenko is the real deal. How can y’all still deny it? ? made Rigondeaux, the ? all y’all was hyping, quit on the stool bruh. Y’all ain’t thinking too hard about that. ? that y’all said is a p4p didn’t even want the hands anymore. Those tactics rigs usually set up just wasn’t available Saturday night. After Lomachenko make the rest of these ? quit y’all still will be hating.

Haters

• Negro_Caesar
    Options
    And I’m a Rigondeaux fan before y’all y’all bias. This the first and maybe last time I pick against Rigondeaux. ? still great but Lomachenko got potential to be with the mayweathers. And Leonard’s. And whoever the ? else. But of course y’all won’t agree because the ? only has a handful of fights. Nobody first 13 fights come close to Lomachenko resume. Haters. Smh.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    I think size, age and activity all played a role. If they would have met 2 or 3 years ago at 126 it could have been different. But it is what it is. He won the fight easily, no excuses.
    If they met right after rig beat Donaire, Lomachenko would have kept that ? on the stool then too
  • JLacey
    Options
    If roles were reversed and Loma quit on the stool you ? would have been bashing the ? out of him. But Rigo does it and he still p4p lol cut it out. You ? some Rigo lovers
  • JLacey
    Options
    .Lol i told @? _Caesar when they made the fight this ? wasn’t gonna be competitive. I at least gave Rigo til the 9th or 10th but he didn’t even make it that far
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    Is Lomachenko better than Ali, Leonard, and Mayweather?

Bob Arum thinks so. What say you, IC?

Disgraceful
  • playmaker88
    edited December 2017
    Options
    If roles were reversed and Loma quit on the stool you ? would have been bashing the ? out of him. But Rigo does it and he still p4p lol cut it out. You ? some Rigo lovers

all i do is call it like it is watch the fights dont engage in the "east coast west coast beefs" aint no bias coming from me and i made statement before they stepped in the ring about the very thing you are mentioning i know how most cats move ...
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Like I said... Rigo a ? for quittin'. ? didn't even make an attempt to adjust.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-who-gives-sht-about-white-hes-piece-? --123340
    Arum: Who Gives a Sh*t About White, He's a Piece of ? !
    By Radio Rahim

Top Rank CEO Bob Arum has come swinging back at UFC President Dana White.

The two executives have been trading words for years, but their rivalry recently heated up when White announced that the UFC's parent company was going to enter the boxing market in 2018.

The UFC was the co-promoter of the blockbuster August pay-per-view, which saw their superstar fighter Conor McGregor make his professional debut in boxing against returning five division world champion Floyd Mayweather at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

McGregor was stopped in the tenth round, but the fight that many saw as a mismatch did huge numbers - with 4 million pay-per-view buys and a gate of $55 million.

White is going to hold meetings in 2018 with certain bigwigs in the sport and he believes a lot of boxers will flock to his new promotional banner.

But one thing he made clear was his position of not doing any business with Arum or Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya.

Arum believes White's main reason behind his decision to enter boxing is because the UFC is starting to financially crumble.

“Who gives a sh*t about White, he’s a piece of ? . It’s an acknowledgment how strong boxing is. He has the UFC that’s cratering, and he needs boxing to save himself," Arum said.

Having said that, Arum has absolutely no problem with White's company becoming a promotional player in boxing.

For years, White's company has claimed that boxing is mostly made up of a much older audience, while the UFC's audience is a younger demographic.

White's motivation to enter boxing debunks that claim, says Arum.

“If Dana White started promoting boxing, it would be terrific,” Arum said.

“Because it would show what we have now proven that boxing is not an old man’s sport, that our demographics are young. We’ve been up against them twice, and we’re up against them now for the third time, but a leveled playing field. Free television on ESPN, free television on FOX and FS1, and a lot of kids don’t have premium television because they can’t afford $15 a month.”

“So when we have a leveled playing field, we beat the pants off them [in the ratings], not only just overall rating but the demographics that everybody is looking for.”

• Negro_Caesar
    Options
    What adjustment did u see that could be made? If he would have stood up and fought he was getting KOed. Rigondeaux saved his career with not adjusting
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He did attempt he just ducked as low as he could and stood there til loma went away. Dead ass thought the ? was gonna crawl between his legs. Smfh
    Lol@ rigo being too small. He got rocked a few times but he never took a knee or get knocked down Rigo appeared to be stronger while he was grabbing the ? out of him. Yall ? crazy af
  • playmaker88
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    What adjustment did u see that could be made? If he would have stood up and fought he was getting KOed. Rigondeaux saved his career with not adjusting

you got out on your shield unless your are taking a beating you dont just up and quit.... he got into that ? head
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

you got out on your shield unless your are taking a beating you dont just up and quit.... he got into that ? head

He was done after the ref took point away.
  • Mastery
    Options

• stringer bell
    Options
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im a riggy fan. he got props for taking the challege. but im treating him like Walters... u dont quit like that. loma wasnt even hittin him clean... homie just took his ball and went home asnd with all that talent and ? he talked u cant do that. the less skilled of the guys salido gave the most effort and heart and guess what? it paid dividends late in the fight and he won. u dont quit just cuz ? get hard
  • Mastery
    Options

I see you a quitter too haha
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hand bruised not broken.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/ward-not-think-kovalev-back-just-perfect-opponent--123341
    Ward Does Not Think Kovalev is Back, Just Had Perfect Opponent
    By Ryan Burton

Mandalay Bay, LAS VEGAS, NV - Former pound-for-pound king and two-division champion Andre Ward (32-0) was in Las Vegas Saturday night to provide expert analysis for the HBO tripleheader headlined by Mickey Roman's knockout victory over Orlando Salido.

The Northern California native recently retired from the sport with his undefeated record intact after defeating Sergey Kovalev in back to back fights. He won a narrow unanimous decision in the first fight and stopped Kovalev in June in their rematch in a fight that was also highly competitive before the stoppage.

Kovalev had a lot of turmoil in the lead up to the rematch as he and his trainer John David Jackson didn't seem to ever be on the same page. Kovalev also spent a lot of time complaining about the result of their first encounter that he called a robbery.

On November 25th Kovalev returned to the ring for the first time and with a new trainer since the knockout loss to Ward and blasted out Vyacheslav Shabranskyy in 2 rounds. Shabranskyy was clearly in over his head in the contest and Ward doesn't believe it was a good barometer to gauge whether Kovalev has returned to his 2016 form.

"I think he had the right guy in front of him. It is easy to say he is back and all that kind of stuff. I wish him nothing but the best. That chapter of my life is and my career is over but you never say never. You never know," Ward stated.

Ward said that he we need to see how Kovalev performs under duress to truly know if he is back to the feared fighter that lived up to his "Krusher" nickname and steamrolled most of his opponents.

"The issue with Kovalev wasn't technical or physical. It was psychological and mental. You won't know if that's been changed or been dealt with unless he is put in the same situation and frankly I don't think it has been changed because out of the abundance of a man's heart his mouth speaks and you hear the type of things he is saying. He is not taking personal ownership of nothing. He is still marginalizing the victory. He is still minimizing it. That let's me know that nothing has changed and I realized that after we fought the first time," Ward told BoxingScene.com.

"Now if he would have went and said, 'look it was a close fight. I thought I won but I am in the lab working,' and he went away and became quiet - I would of been concerned but the fact that he chirped the way that he did, he revealed too much to me. He is the same guy. He doesn't know how to take personal responsibility for adversity. It is the blame game and when you do that you don't really improve."