NYC Teen Used Dying Breath to Identify the Man Who Shot Her After She Rejected Him

Options
MasterJayN100
MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
vggbhq1zuowbzvtbtfjb.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_UB2ec4_dg

shot12n-1-web.jpg

shot2n-1-web.jpg

article-shot2-0601.jpg

The Weapon he used to ?

article-shot-0602.jpg
article-shot-0602.jpg

As she was dying from gunshot wounds, a Brooklyn, N.Y., teen used her last breaths to identify the man who shot her because she refused to date him, police testified Monday.

According to the New York Daily News, 16-year-old Shemel Mercurius struggled through a painful 20-minute wait for an ambulance, but in that time, she told authorities about a 25-year-old man who wanted to date her and would not take no for an answer, the police said.

Taariq Stephens is the 25-year-old facing charges that he murdered Shemel, a junior at Edward R. Murrow High School. Shemel was babysitting her 3-year-old cousin in May 2016 when authorities say Stephens forced his way into the apartment in the New York City borough and shot her three times with a submachine gun.

During Stephens’ trial Monday inside the state Supreme Court in Brooklyn, responding officers detailed the scene to which they arrived on May 31, 2016.

“There was a 3-year-old male child ... covered in blood crying next to the victim,” Police Sgt. Ryan Habermehl testified, adding that he immediately called EMS. “It took about 20 minutes for EMS to arrive.”

Police Officer Kyle Thomas Daly was the one who found Shemel bleeding, seated on a toy car and slumped against the wall.

“I put on gloves, took her off the car and laid her down and began rendering aid ... she regained consciousness, gave me her name and date of birth,” Daly, who has since left the New York City Police Department to join the Suffolk County, N.Y., Police Department, told the courtroom.

He also confirmed that it took about 20 minutes for an ambulance to arrive.

Shemel went in and out of consciousness, but in that time, she was able to tell another detective that Stephens wanted them to be a couple but she wasn’t interested, Daly testified.

Shemel and Stephens had met at a day care center about a week before the slaying and exchanged numbers, according to authorities.

Shortly before she was shot, Shemel had buzzed a friend, Lona Junien, into the building where she was babysitting. Junien, 18, also testified what she saw when she approached the apartment.

“The person pushed her. The person said, ‘Don’t ever lie to me.’ She was screaming; he took out the gun and shot her,” Junien said.

However, when she was being questioned by Stephens’ lawyer, Junien did acknowledge that a detective had identified Stephens as the shooter before she had a chance to identify him for herself.

One of the bullets tore through the girl’s arm and into her chest, killing her. The tot was not injured, although his mother said the child was terrified by what he saw.

Stephens’ lawyer contacted cops Thursday after the suspect’s name was released and said the ex-con was ready to turn himself

Stephens is facing charges of second-degree murder and a weapons charges and, if convicted, could serve 25 years to life in prison.

Gofundme Page:https://www.gofundme.com/shemelmercurius

https://www.theroot.com/brooklyn-teen-used-dying-breath-to-identify-the-man-who-1821216263?utm_source=theroot_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Comments

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't wait till he gets in prison and a lifer asks him out on date.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If this ? really went down like that, this MF need to be dealt with, not by cops either.
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he shot this young girl up cause she didnt wanna holla.Plus the ? too damn old for her.
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Loser ? . Where these ? come from?

But here's my thought.
    Revisit this ? called Male-mother need.

Men generally look for qualities in a woman that remind him of his mother. It's subconscious. ? ain't tryna ? their mom's but they are trying to replicate the love his mother has for him in another woman. Mom is your foundation for what love looks like and feels like. Men will look for that Even if their Mom doesn't show this just like daughters look for fathers in different Men.

So my hypothesis is that this ? grew up in a house where he was constantly rejected never validated few hugs maybe even some abuse. He's not gonna take anger out on mom who he probably lives with. Bc that's just not ? ? do.

However he saw this chick at a daycare center, chances are he witnessed some maternal behavior from her towards her child. This triggered a desire in him he didn't know he had, i he wants this feeling he thinks he can get it from her. He's obsessed. She's not interested. Rejected yet again, this ? takes the anger he had towards his mother, projects it onto her and kills her without remorse.
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The male-mother need is a program that all men have that we need to understand.

This ? didn't understand himself. Not excusing his actions at all because he ultimately decided to go through with his decisions.

But if you don't understand how a man can recklessly end someone's life over something so petty it'll keep happening. You won't recognize the behavior in other men or in yourself.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? got me upset boxhead ? ? face and his ? up hairline made it worse i hope he gets violated until he kills himself then has to repeat it in hell over and over
  • onetoughmiracle
    onetoughmiracle Members Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whole situation is ? , poor 3 year old kid gunna have a hard time in life if he witnessed it happen.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    25 year old killed a child bc she didn't want to date his perverted ass
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    The male-mother need is a program that all men have that we need to understand.

This ? didn't understand himself. Not excusing his actions at all because he ultimately decided to go through with his decisions.

But if you don't understand how a man can recklessly end someone's life over something so petty it'll keep happening. You won't recognize the behavior in other men or in yourself.

speak for urself my ? ..

as much as i love my mother..
    i want nothin to deal wit her in any form or fashion wit the ? i deal wit..

i need the complete opposite. haha
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    oh.. and RIP to babygirl..

sad ? .
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? head was on one
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2nd case in the northeast in 2 weeks where a late 20s weirdo kills some 16 year old kid. I better stop drinking water for a while. Must be something in it.