Juicy J & Metro album is better than Big Sean & Metro album
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album was boring af
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all need to just say y'all like headphone music and keep it moving. That's the disconnect we're having in here. I mean I ? with Big Krit but this ? has a 48 page thread on here lol. That's all I need to know about this site. Y'all in here saying how does Sean has a following? Because people are out here actually listening and loving his music. There's a reason why damn near every hip hop head in the game has cosigned him. The platinum plaques and stats, sold out shows,etc don't lie. Top 5 of this era like it not. (Drake, Kendrick, Cole, Sean and Future)

I am one of the biggest big krit critics on the IC. But Krit delivered on his double album and Sean on this project as mediocre at best. Nobody is comparing sean to other mumble rappers. After dark sky paradise i started to consider Sean being up there with cole drake and kendrick. Even after I decided i was like "eh hes not there but if he can create another DSP then maybe."

But this project is exactly why Kdot, Kendrick and Cole are in the lower level seats with the nice pads and big sean is 2 stories up in the upper deck seats with just the plastic backing. The critique of this album has more to do with his lack to keep up with the top of his class than it does about comparing him to mumble rappers.

So you were expecting lyrical miracles raps on a Metro Boomin project? I didn't expect Sean to make another DSP or Detroit because he's not in that space anymore. Sean gave us "I Decided" earlier this year and even tho that album went Platinum with a 3x Platinum single (Bounce Bounce) Platinum (Moves) and a few other Gold records and he toured off that album he didn't get the big reception he thought he would get. A lot of people were mad because he went the conscious route with that album.

This project was meant to be a banger album with Sean flexing his wordplay and metaphors and dropping gems all throughout the album which he did. He basically gave the people what they asked for. So we're going to act like he's not rapping his ass off on some of these records (Savage Time, No Heart, No Love, Big Bidness, etc) Just look at the feedback on Twitter the past 2 days and see a lot of people vibing to the album. People just got to enjoy this project for what it is. I can understand if people don't like this vibe to this album but to call this project garbage and trash is just crazy to me.

Just look at this thread nobody is even talking about the music and just posting tweets from people who already hated him.

Stop reading this ? ? titangraph there i hate that ? act like there isnt a middle ground between inspectah deck and lil yachty

What does metro beats have to do with lyrical content? Its a beat you can spit what ever you want on it grownass men shouldnt be spitting toddler raps nowhere
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always find it fascinating how two people can hear the exact same body of work and have WILDLY different opinions on it. Like...no common ground at all
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all need to just say y'all like headphone music and keep it moving. That's the disconnect we're having in here. I mean I ? with Big Krit but this ? has a 48 page thread on here lol. That's all I need to know about this site. Y'all in here saying how does Sean has a following? Because people are out here actually listening and loving his music. There's a reason why damn near every hip hop head in the game has cosigned him. The platinum plaques and stats, sold out shows,etc don't lie. Top 5 of this era like it not. (Drake, Kendrick, Cole, Sean and Future)

I am one of the biggest big krit critics on the IC. But Krit delivered on his double album and Sean on this project as mediocre at best. Nobody is comparing sean to other mumble rappers. After dark sky paradise i started to consider Sean being up there with cole drake and kendrick. Even after I decided i was like "eh hes not there but if he can create another DSP then maybe."

But this project is exactly why Kdot, Kendrick and Cole are in the lower level seats with the nice pads and big sean is 2 stories up in the upper deck seats with just the plastic backing. The critique of this album has more to do with his lack to keep up with the top of his class than it does about comparing him to mumble rappers.

So you were expecting lyrical miracles raps on a Metro Boomin project? I didn't expect Sean to make another DSP or Detroit because he's not in that space anymore. Sean gave us "I Decided" earlier this year and even tho that album went Platinum with a 3x Platinum single (Bounce Bounce) Platinum (Moves) and a few other Gold records and he toured off that album he didn't get the big reception he thought he would get. A lot of people were mad because he went the conscious route with that album.

This project was meant to be a banger album with Sean flexing his wordplay and metaphors and dropping gems all throughout the album which he did. He basically gave the people what they asked for. So we're going to act like he's not rapping his ass off on some of these records (Savage Time, No Heart, No Love, Big Bidness, etc) Just look at the feedback on Twitter the past 2 days and see a lot of people vibing to the album. People just got to enjoy this project for what it is. I can understand if people don't like this vibe to this album but to call this project garbage and trash is just crazy to me.

Just look at this thread nobody is even talking about the music and just posting tweets from people who already hated him.

Lol mad feelings ? loooool
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? ain’t nothing but a money grab. It’ll be forgotten about next month
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    This ? ain’t nothing but a money grab. It’ll be forgotten about next month

It’d be forgotten already if it weren't for this thread...

dayday never gonna forget. he gettin a double or nothing tattoo
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album was boring and didnt feel the need to finish it. I can't imagine it getting any better

The lines sound better in context but they are still bad. This ain't it at all
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    I always find it fascinating how two people can hear the exact same body of work and have WILDLY different opinions on it. Like...no common ground at all

That's all the time on the ic....? will swear some trash ass music is dope lol
  • robblr86
    robblr86 Members Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Y'all ? make me sick... This album wasn't that bad. I enjoyed listening to it. Y'all critiquing Sean harder than y'all critique the legends.

Every album doesn't have to be super lyrical
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    robblr86 wrote: »
    Y'all ? make me sick... This album wasn't that bad. I enjoyed listening to it. Y'all critiquing Sean harder than y'all critique the legends.

Every album doesn't have to be super lyrical

It's not abt that the album was just bland period no tracks really just stood out
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been listening to Sean since, "Fresh, fresh like I'm wrapped in plastic... Polo, Louis, to Gucci like 'that's one fresh bastard...'"

I've listened to just about everything he's ever released and I bought DSP, despite the 2nd half being lackluster compared to the 1st. I'm a fan, when he does what he's capable of doing. However, Sean RARELY does what he's capable of doing. The ? is the Joe Johnson of rap. Smh.

He put out a wack album. So? ALL of his albums have been lackluster, save for 1/2 of one of them. Detroit is his magnum opus and should've been an album. FF3 is his next best project and everything else is either 'meh' or trash. I'm still a fan. I just don't view him in the same light as Dot, Krit or Cole. I feel the same way about Wale, though. Both him and Sean underperform far too often for their skill set.

Y'all ? ridin ? ' coattails, and making excuses, are funny as ? .
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It’s a Matter of Opinion,
    i think a lot of ? that IC ? swear is Cold like Curren$y is Reheated Garbage
  • Like Water
    Options

"Even family can get let go.
    Fredo, you killin' me."
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I feel u... I never got the Currensy hype. His beats sound the same. I always got back to that first young money mixtape... I fast forwarded he and Mack Maines verses...The difference in talent between he and Wayne was apparent but now folk will say he better than Wayne... I be like ? how Sway?
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

I feel u... I never got the Currensy hype. His beats sound the same. I always got back to that first young money mixtape... I fast forwarded he and Mack Maines verses...The difference in talent between he and Wayne was apparent but now folk will say he better than Wayne... I be like ? how Sway?

They said Currensy better than Wayne???

I forgot the IC is some Alternate Universe,
    Not too long ago they made a Thread on how Freddie Gibbs was better than Jeezy and completely discredited Jeezy’s contributions for Gibbs dawg...i was Appalled
  • Like Water
    Options

His production mos def does not sound the same and he's been better than Wayne.

This isn't about Spitta though, it's about Sean's inability to craft an album that lives up to his talent.

And btw, Spitta's Pilot Talk 1,2 and Stoned Immaculate >>>>>>>>>>>> Big Sean's career.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spitta been better and more consistent than Wayne. Wayne was never nice to begin with. Y’all ? changing the subject to spare Lil Sean
  • Like Water
    Options

They said Currensy better than Wayne???

I forgot the IC is some Alternate Universe,
    Not too long ago they made a Thread on how Freddie Gibbs was better than Jeezy and completely discredited Jeezy’s contributions for Gibbs dawg...i was Appalled

So on a technical level, Gibbs isn't a better rapper than Jeezy? Lol. Foh. Everyone recognizes that Jeezy was an important factor in the earlier stages of Gibbs' career, as far as Gibbs being seen, but that has nothing to do with the actual rapping ability that Gibbs possesses.

And no, nothing in Gibbs career is as influential as TM101, but there's no way Jeezy can outrap Gibbs. No ? way. And at this point in their respective careers, I'd much rather hear a Gibbs project over a Jeezy one.

But I'm a lyricist at heart, so I'm sure that plays an important part in my preference.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spitta been better and more consistent than Wayne. Wayne was never nice to begin with. Y’all ? changing the subject to spare Lil Sean

Wayne never been nice? I mean he fell the ? off but to say he never been nice is a huge stretch. From tha block is hot to C3, he ran rap and was spitting some dope ? .
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Link do ak n joe shittn on it?
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? bringin up Curren$y compared to Big Sean? As i recall from the Curren$y, Wiz Khalifa and Big Sean mixtape he out spit everybody on the project. FACTS