Woman Tells A Class Full Of Girls She Don't Pay Bills Because She Knows How To Take Care Of A Man

Options

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    i ro ny wrote: »
    It’s fair. That old school mentality exists still.

So does old school racist mentality..is that fair too?

Foul.

Wow Kat, I actually agree with you - who are you ?

No but I do think that ? is foul. That's not the way everybody thinks - that ? shouldn't be taught to a room full of young girls trying to get the same education that a group of guys would get.

If those young ladies can grow up to have jobs and pay bills, why should they be told "I ain't never pay a bill in my life..." like that's the way to be ?

And basically some ? ? that they have "value" based on a man. Now if she was just saying they are valuable because they are independent worthy human beings, etc... cool but that ? sounded foul.

She did actually say that though. She said that she was strong enough and in a place to not have a man on her arm

... I heard that too, but immediately followed by the whole "I ain't never pay a bill" ? . That's ? terrible bruh. How you grown championing some dependent ? like that ?

If you strong enough that you don't need said person then you aren't actually dependent

But how you proving you "strong enough" by saying you never pay bills ?

If she would've said, "I'm educated and can work, but my husband pays the bills and I take care of the kids because that's what we agreed on. He's good at his job and I'm good at taking care of the children" etc... etc... etc... I might've been on board (even though that ain't for me personally).

Bottom line is, some people believe in some gender roles that other people don't - that's a problem with divorce too. Can't be teaching this to a room full of other peoples' kids.

On another note, why would I not want to raise my daughter to be independent and self-sufficient ?

Having a relationship / marriage is some additional ? . I want her to be able to take care of herself without needing anybody else. If she works it out with a man - fine, but I'm not training her to be some type of "pay me for my company" chick WTF ?

How anybody proving anything by just saying some ? . There are people who can get up there and say go to college and get advanced degrees and NOT tell those kids about all the debt they in and how they can't find a job in their field to even make a realistic dent in that debt. So I ain't trying to hear that ? .

You projecting a lot of personal feelings into what that lady said and you only heard a 1 min and some change of what seemed to be a much longer speech.

You keep trying to say she didn't say that when she did just cause she didn't word in the way that you would've liked her to. That woman said she is in a place where she is strong enough where she doesn't NEED a man on her arm. WTF else is she saying besides I can take care of myself but my husband and I have agreed upon a certain lifestyle and that works for us. If you don't like how she worded it you better off saying that instead trying to make it like she didn't say that at all.

She didn't say people shouldn't raise their daughters to be self-sufficient or independent. All she said was she was taught early on how to take care of a husband and when she got old enough to date she looked for a husband and not a man. She looked for a man that would compliment what she brought to the table.

None of yall heard that woman tell those young girls to not be independent or self-sufficient. That is just the way yall took it.

That other is ? something you need to personally come to grips with cause I didn't even hear ? remotely close to coming away with that line of thinking.

Reading some of the responses IMO a lot yall just don't want the responsibility and pressure of being the sole monetary provider for the household. I understand and know everything ain't for everybody but the ? said in here ain't even close to what that lady was saying.

For the record my wife and I live by old school gender roles and are 100% happy. That ain't for the next couple and I don't have any problems with that or even care how yall run yall relationship. Since I don't care I ain't going to knock it even if I disagree with it.

i read this like the chick from the barbershop movie that was angry some ? made her make vegan chilli...was saying it

yea....
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    aye i can say....yes i can take care of me and my wife and her spending habits with no problem for many years....

but why would i not want her to bring in money?

see....these are the type women that end up claiming they dont know who they are. and then wanna go find themselves because they been in the shadows too long.

or sit around and do what all day once the kids in school? and when they hit high school its a wrap...you might see them like two maybe three hours a day tops.

sorry...im not one for it.

its not about projection or how someone else runs their household....but mine gotta work.

dont care if i make a mil a year and she makes 20k...together we will have 1.020.000 at the end of the year.

fukk im paying for her college loans and she aint gonna use the degree.

fukk that
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem I have is that this is how I was raised. I was not coached on how to qualify or attend college, it was almost assumed that I would graduate HS and get some BS job until I met a husband and had kids. That's the way my mother was raised as well.

The world has changed. Two incomes are usually needed, marriages don't last as they used to, a higher education is almost a necessity.

SOME women will find men to take care of them, but most will have to depend on self sufficiency or at minimum, contributing to the household.

I want my daughter prepared for best and worst case scenarios and not fed fairy tales.

smh.gif

lefty liberal
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aye i can say....yes i can take care of me and my wife and her spending habits with no problem for many years....

but why would i not want her to bring in money?

see....these are the type women that end up claiming they dont know who they are. and then wanna go find themselves because they been in the shadows too long.

or sit around and do what all day once the kids in school? and when they hit high school its a wrap...you might see them like two maybe three hours a day tops.

sorry...im not one for it.

its not about projection or how someone else runs their household....but mine gotta work.

dont care if i make a mil a year and she makes 20k...together we will have 1.020.000 at the end of the year.

fukk im paying for her college loans and she aint gonna use the degree.

fukk that

The bold say it all. That life ain't for you. Cool. That life is for me and mine. My wife works when she feels like it. She just came up on working for a year at her new spot. Before that she was off for like a year and a half. She only work part-time right now 3 days a week.

When I said projection people are in here projecting because they saying ? about that woman talking to them kids that they never heard her say. So if its not projecting then what would you call it? We all only heard 1 min and some change. I've personally only spoken about what she said not what I selectively heard her say.

There are plenty of things a woman can do from home daily while the kids at school and she has done whatever in the house that needs to be taken care of. Yall ? just look at house wife as a lazy ? while yall out slaving. ? ain't like that all.

My wife while at home did plenty went to the library, took non credit courses all just to improve skills she already had or gain new ones.

Who said she had to go to college and have loans for you to deal with in the first place?

Tell the truth yall heard that woman say I ain't paid bills in 19 years and most of yall thought I ain't taking care of no ? wife or not.

I laugh at ? like that.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I didn't have a problem with what she said. It's traditional gender roles. She's MARRIED, and her HUSBAND takes care of her. Not randos, not sugar daddies, a dude who wanted a traditional wife and they have what they wanted.

Also, she didn't say she wasn't self-sufficient. She said she knows her role and her value and she plays her part as the wife and mother. If they can afford to live on one income, who am I to say they doing it wrong?

I don't have a problem how other people choose to run their households either, but I do have a problem with teaching this ? to a room full of what looks like public school girls in an educational setting.

I wouldn't teach my daughter some ignorant ? like that, and wouldn't want this wrong and strong ? doing it either.
  • 7figz
    edited December 2017
    Options

Foul.

No but I do think that ? is foul. That's not the way everybody thinks - that ? shouldn't be taught to a room full of young girls trying to get the same education that a group of guys would get.

If those young ladies can grow up to have jobs and pay bills, why should they be told "I ain't never pay a bill in my life..." like that's the way to be ?

And basically some ? ? that they have "value" based on a man. Now if she was just saying they are valuable because they are independent worthy human beings, etc... cool but that ? sounded foul.

She did actually say that though. She said that she was strong enough and in a place to not have a man on her arm

... I heard that too, but immediately followed by the whole "I ain't never pay a bill" ? . That's ? terrible bruh. How you grown championing some dependent ? like that ?

If you strong enough that you don't need said person then you aren't actually dependent

If she would've said, "I'm educated and can work, but my husband pays the bills and I take care of the kids because that's what we agreed on. He's good at his job and I'm good at taking care of the children" etc... etc... etc... I might've been on board (even though that ain't for me personally).

Bottom line is, some people believe in some gender roles that other people don't - that's a problem with divorce too. Can't be teaching this to a room full of other peoples' kids.

On another note, why would I not want to raise my daughter to be independent and self-sufficient ?

Having a relationship / marriage is some additional ? . I want her to be able to take care of herself without needing anybody else. If she works it out with a man - fine, but I'm not training her to be some type of "pay me for my company" chick WTF ?

How anybody proving anything by just saying some ? . There are people who can get up there and say go to college and get advanced degrees and NOT tell those kids about all the debt they in and how they can't find a job in their field to even make a realistic dent in that debt. So I ain't trying to hear that ? .

You projecting a lot of personal feelings into what that lady said and you only heard a 1 min and some change of what seemed to be a much longer speech.

Bro - I posted this ? , where the hell would you get that I only heard 1 min. of it ?

Foul.

Reading some of the responses IMO a lot yall just don't want the responsibility and pressure of being the sole monetary provider for the household. I understand and know everything ain't for everybody but the ? said in here ain't even close to what that lady was saying.

For the record my wife and I live by old school gender roles and are 100% happy. That ain't for the next couple and I don't have any problems with that or even care how yall run yall relationship. Since I don't care I ain't going to knock it even if I disagree with it.

I'm not even going to write a long response because it's not necessary. The fact that you see so many people disagreeing on this topic, with perfectly valid reasons, shows how 'open to interpretation' and easily-misconstrued what she said could be, no matter how well intentioned. So, you run your household the way she does - ? ' great !

For all the people who don't, and would want their daughters to actually work, and not just say they're independent - it's a different story.

And like I mentioned in the post above this, the reason it's open to scrutiny isn't because of how her family chooses to live their lives, it's because she's teaching it to a group of other peoples' daughters. ? , you can even hear some grumbles from some of the kids when she said it.
  • D. Morgan
    Options

Foul.

Bro - I posted this ? , where the hell would you get that I only heard 1 min. of it ?

Foul.

I'm not even going to write a long response because it's not necessary. The fact that you see so many people disagreeing on this topic, with perfectly valid reasons, shows how 'open to interpretation' and easily-misconstrued what she said could be, no matter how well intentioned. So, you run your household the way she does - ? ' great !

For all the people who don't, and would want their daughters to actually work, and not just say they're independent - it's a different story.

And like I mentioned in the post above this, the reason it's open to scrutiny isn't because of how her family chooses to live their lives, it's because she's teaching it to a group of (other peoples') young girls. ? , you can even hear some grumbles from some of the kids when she said it.

Quite obvious that exactly what some of yall doing and can keep doing it until yalls hearts are content.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Foul.

Foul.

And like I mentioned in the post above this, the reason it's open to scrutiny isn't because of how her family chooses to live their lives, it's because she's teaching it to a group of other peoples' daughters. ? , you can even hear some grumbles from some of the kids when she said it.

If a mans daughter is describing herself or the embracing the moniker of independent you've lost as a father.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course I’m going to prepare my daughter to be able to support herself if needed, but I would love for her to be in a situation like this woman’s currently in.

Saw nothing wrong with what she was talking.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you to should aspire to be "good enough" to aspire to have someone take care of you

this runs parallel to people being excited that a black woman was chosen by Harry or whichever kid that is.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't have an issue with what she said. If you are raising a girl you first teach them to take care of themselves, then teach them to take care of their husband.

It gives them flexibility in life.

I don't want my daughter messing around with a dude that can't take care of himself.
  • LPast
    Options
    I'm going to put them too sleep listening to this...

https://youtu.be/FrLequ6dUdM
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't have a problem with what she said. It's traditional gender roles. She's MARRIED, and her HUSBAND takes care of her. Not randos, not sugar daddies, a dude who wanted a traditional wife and they have what they wanted.

Also, she didn't say she wasn't self-sufficient. She said she knows her role and her value and she plays her part as the wife and mother. If they can afford to live on one income, who am I to say they doing it wrong?

I don't have a problem how other people choose to run their households either, but I do have a problem with teaching this ? to a room full of what looks like public school girls in an educational setting.

I wouldn't teach my daughter some ignorant ? like that, and wouldn't want this wrong and strong ? doing it either.

Ignorant ? like how to stay married for 20 years?

Ignorant ? like not shacking up with no account ? that can't do what a man is supposed to?

What ignorant ? are you talking about?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

Foul.

I

Foul.

If a mans daughter is describing herself or the embracing the moniker of independent you've lost as a father.

is this not what this lady is saying?

she said she dont need a man but shes ok with taking care of him while he pays the bills.

that ? is all types of confusing....you dont need me but you living good off me?
    fukk outta here.

no adult needs another adult...but it doesnt need to be said. when its said....its usually something more behind it.

i dont need to say i ? standing up....im a man and you should that that i do already. but if i have to say that in front of a group of teens...im trying to prove something..not sure what..but it doesnt need to be said.

i lump her with the degree'd up chicks thats ok with being taken care of. dont fukking use me when you can add to our future. but you got your back up plan with your degree.

man fukk outta here.

i need a woman whos gonna be out here fighting the fight just like me.

cause got damn it ..when i retire in 3 years....she can as well...an we both added to what we will be living off...fukk if imma be sweating and dealing with these crakkas for US to retire of only my hard work..

nah im cool on that.

but good luck to everyone

• 7figz
    edited December 2017
    Options

Ignorant ? like how to stay married for 20 years?

Ignorant ? like not shacking up with no account ? that can't do what a man is supposed to?

What ignorant ? are you talking about?

Bro, my parents were married for almost 40 years - both working multiple jobs each, and both contributing to taking care of the household and taking care of their kids. Both me and my lady work and pay bills. My sister's grown and married for more than 10 years and her and her husband both work and pay bills. Let's not act like there's only one way to do the ? - like this lady was making it sound. That's what came off ignorant, to me. The ? wasn't balanced and had an entitled tone, among other critical things.

That "man supposed to do" and "real man does..." ? is imposing one's version of gender roles as some universal ? , which is unrealistic.

Enough people have already presented valid criticism of the video. Like I said before, it's fine for her house (and maybe for yours - IDK), wouldn't be fine for mine.

I'm just going to respectfully agree to disagree with y'all dudes today.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    i think we are also putting too much into this woman.

maybe this man wanted this or tired of the game.

shes allowed to do this because of the dude.

thats why i look at her funny.

if the man dont allow it...you have no story to tell.

she not really making the decision like the dude has made.
  • 7figz
    edited December 2017
    Options
    i think we are also putting too much into this woman.

maybe this man wanted this or tired of the game.

shes allowed to do this because of the dude.

thats why i look at her funny.

if the man dont allow it...you have no story to tell.

she not really making the decision like the dude has made.

Yeah, do doubt - it's some dudes, on here, who seem like they would do the same. I guess they cool with paying that spousal support and ? too when the ? don't work out and the chick saying "he ain't allow me to work during the marriage".
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    im just curious if the women contains her spending....

whos in control of the budget?

and if things get tight...who takes the blame?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't want no scrub
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    where she get money to buy him a gift for his birthday?
    is he buying himself ? ...she just gets it from the store?

its alot thats open with this.....this needs to be broken down for these young impressionable minds.

most people want something for free with giving very little in return if they must give something back. with the new generation of only me and fukk giving anything back....how will they take this?

this is more of a parents job....

the parent can teach and lead by example. that way nothing is left for these youngins to figure out what she really meant.

she should not be speaking to young girls without parents consent is how i feel.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

Foul.

I

Foul.

is this not what this lady is saying?

she said she dont need a man but shes ok with taking care of him while he pays the bills.

that ? is all types of confusing....you dont need me but you living good off me?
    fukk outta here.

no adult needs another adult...but it doesnt need to be said. when its said....its usually something more behind it.

i dont need to say i ? standing up....im a man and you should that that i do already. but if i have to say that in front of a group of teens...im trying to prove something..not sure what..but it doesnt need to be said.

i lump her with the degree'd up chicks thats ok with being taken care of. dont fukking use me when you can add to our future. but you got your back up plan with your degree.

man fukk outta here.

i need a woman whos gonna be out here fighting the fight just like me.

cause got damn it ..when i retire in 3 years....she can as well...an we both added to what we will be living off...fukk if imma be sweating and dealing with these crakkas for US to retire of only my hard work..

nah im cool on that.

but good luck to everyone

All you had to say from the very beginning without the extra ? .
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's only foul if she's preaching to them young girls that her way is THE way and that any other arrangement is somehow not ok.

Some ? believe in and live by those sorts of gender roles. So there's a place for women with this mentality. As long as their both on the same page, I don't see the issue.
  • LPast
    Options
    Part of what y'all have to realize is that modern women AND men are not really a fan of traditional gender roles.

We all know that a large number of black women have degrees and can earn a living on their own. If they wanted to stay at home and take care of kids and the home, a lot of dudes would not be a fan of that.

Society as a whole has really devalued a stay at home wife/Mom.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Part of what y'all have to realize is that modern women AND men are not really a fan of traditional gender roles.

We all know that a large number of black women have degrees and can earn a living on their own. If they wanted to stay at home and take care of kids and the home, a lot of dudes would not be a fan of that.

Society as a whole has really devalued a stay at home wife/Mom.

i just a legit reason for mine to stay home.

i can cook, clean and rub one out and keep all my money or by a hoe on the discount
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    where she get money to buy him a gift for his birthday?
    is he buying himself ? ...she just gets it from the store?

its alot thats open with this.....this needs to be broken down for these young impressionable minds.

most people want something for free with giving very little in return if they must give something back. with the new generation of only me and fukk giving anything back....how will they take this?

this is more of a parents job....

the parent can teach and lead by example. that way nothing is left for these youngins to figure out what she really meant.

she should not be speaking to young girls without parents consent is how i feel.

why are u assuming that because she says she doesnt pay rent or utilities that means she sits at home all day long?

he covers the rent or mortgage and all the household bills while she goes to work just like he does. they save her money or spend it on things like gifts, clothes, vacations, and stuff like that. honestly its a million ways to look at what she said but y'all only looking at her like she is a leech looking for a man to take care of her and y'all missing a lot of what she said. she never said she doesnt work or bring home any money.

how do u know the parents didnt give their consent? we really dont even know what this was or who she is. it looks like she is actually trying to give back to her community. u may not like her message but she is out there talking to young girls in her community.