2020 Presidential Election... Who will u be voting for?

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Rock
    Broddie wrote: »
    He'll be the first bachelor president. No lady to make the first.

Buchanan (sp)

Ok. First one in 2 centuries then.
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Rock as President? Maybe. I'd support it if he had a VP of Cory Booker or someone similar.

The Rock could win it on popularity alone probably. I know Booker isn't the perfect candidate but guess what? He's black. He's an experienced politician and The Rock is going to need someone like that as his VP.

Here's the real point I'm trying to make. 2020 needs to be a power move for black people. What I mean is our next President needs to be black. That could be The Rock, Oprah, Will Smith, Chris Rock, Beyonce, or Michelle Obama (I know she said she won't do it) The point is whoever that famous black person is need to have a black VP and preferably one who is well versed in the political game like a Cory Booker.

The idea behind this is having an all black ticket could potentially lead to 16 years of Black Presidency. We could legitimately see the rise of black people in the country starting in 2020.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kamala harris will lose against Trump pretty handily.
  • tupacfan12
    tupacfan12 Members Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Kamala harris will lose against Trump pretty handily.

Ppl thought the same when Obama ran and look what happened.....

Kamala Harris
    Kristen Gillibrand
    Elizabeth Warren(idk why ppl here are sleeping on her)

Are all better candidates for the Dems than The Rock and ppl of substance. I don’t think liberal voters are gonna go the Trump route and nominate a celebrity as their nominee. They would want someone completely opposite of Trump not someone like him(in terms of pervious experience, not temperament)

Joe Biden is waaaay to old to run and his baggage will be a issue within his own party. Not as big as Clinton’s were, but still problematic.
  • Broddie
    Options
    The Rock
    Elizabeth Warren is the only realistic one.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    all this time im thinking ya talkin about

Ctz6u4lXgAEHDl2.jpg
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Rock
    marc123 wrote: »
    Gavin Newsome

San Francisco old Mayor?
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U forgot Kanye
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    US election turned into a joke ting. Smmfh. You could really be anything you want to be out there, I guess thats something.

this is actually funny...had to do a slow thinking clap....while its a dis..its also a blessing...

but still hurts
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is that my ? The Coach beside him
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now I'm a fan of the Rock, but dammit... experience, competence, plain ol' knowing what the ? you're doing...that ? matters. I've yet to see anything to suggest he's ready.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Rock
    If Trump can do it... Anyone can do it
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Gavin Newsome

San Francisco old Mayor?

Im only aware of 1 gavin newsome so yea.
  • marc123
    edited December 2017
    Options
    IMO americans aint ready to elect no female potus.

Any man would win over any female in 2020. Most americans still got that backwards thinking were a man should be in charge etc etc. Alot of it still coming from religion.
  • marc123
    Options
    IMO Gavin Newsome as POTUS and Corey Booker as VP would be the perfect democratic ticket in 2020.

8 years for sure
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IMO americans aint ready to elect no female potus.

Any man would win over any female in 2020. Most americans still got that backwards thinking were a man should be in charge etc etc. Alot of it still coming from religion.

I hate to agree but yea, a man will probley have a way better shot right now
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    folks were so mad at Obama for winning that they gave us trump. Obama was half white. Do you really think a black woman (even with a white husband) has any chance of winning? before that happens a white woman will be elected first and probably a spanish dude. face it folks we will never see a black woman president in our lifetime.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Dems better have somebody that is able to have a message that resonates with voters, especially in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and Ohio......this could be possibly problematic for Cali / NY candidates (Gavin Newsome, Kamala Harris, Andrew Cuomo, Kristen Gillibrand and Corey Booker) who are perceived as "out of touch bi-coastal liberals" by Republicans

• Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol this thread yall serious too rock aint winning ? he aint even gonna run stop it
  • Broddie
    Options
    The Rock
    lol this thread yall serious too rock aint winning ? he aint even gonna run stop it

How could you ever doubt someone who calls himself The Great One™?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Rock
    Obama for vice president
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Rock
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Obama for vice president

Pretty sure thats against the rules
  • tupacfan12
    tupacfan12 Members Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    313 wayz wrote: »
    The Dems better have somebody that is able to have a message that resonates with voters, especially in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and Ohio......this could be possibly problematic for Cali / NY candidates (Gavin Newsome, Kamala Harris, Andrew Cuomo, Kristen Gillibrand and Corey Booker) who are perceived as "out of touch bi-coastal liberals" by Republicans
    Lol every serious candidate comes from a bi-coastal state so we’ll be screwed by that logic. Elizabeth Warren has that populist edge to her that the other potentials don’t, which would play well in the Midwest. Her stance on pocketbook issues is damn near unmatched and she’s disciplined with her message AND she thrives on calling out Trump. IMO Gillibrand and Harris have potential but Elizabeth Warren is our best shot.

But damn I wish Duval Patrick was still in office and had presidential ambitions. He’d have a great shot at being the frontrunner.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

How could you ever doubt someone who calls himself The Great One™?

not sure if you talkin about rock or orange dude in the wh now who got the codes
    tenor.gif?itemid=5458982