Official Star Wars Cinematic Universe Thread: Now Showing : Ep VIII - The Last Jedi (15 Dec)

Options

Comments

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    I have one question about the end...

Did Luke die?
    yup , he pulled a Yoda
    and an Obi Kanobi
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So imo
    The movie is the SURPRISE OF THE YEAR.

• TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @white715 these movies being disneyfied is actually a good thing if Marvel movies are any indicator. Plus we’ll get more than 3 movies every 3 decades.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im here 15 minutes early and so far I've seen two obi wans and a princess leia.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? was fire. Definitely better than the last film. Imo this is the most violent Star Wars yet.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    not sure how i feel about this movie just yet. Firstly i enjoyed kylo ren as ? ? with road rage 24/7. That ? was hilarious to me!
    Snoke needed more screen time and back story. Same goes for phasma. Why the ? they make that ? look like a killer to only go out like a common villain? The red ninja ? were dope as ? and i hope they're back for episode 9. Maybe i was tripping, but before luke pulled a yoda, his hair grew out longer and his beard lost some of its grey. How the jedi books get on the millennium falcon? Did finn have possession of them? Or he just happened to open a drawer with them inside? If rey stole them, i think thats something they should've shown. And got damn at the light speed suicide that slim ? pulled!!! I got lost in the visuals on that part and kylo trying to nuke luke was dope and lukes reaction was great. Pretty diverse cast as well lol i never seen so many asians in a non asian movie.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Very good movie. I'm curious as to who the students of Luke's were that Kylo took with him. He said Kylo killed most of them but took a handful with him, hmmmmm.....

Benecio Del Toro plays a villain in every movie lololol. Fin, Rose and Po had an amazing arc absolutely amazing

I thought Leia was finished. For a 70+ year old woman, ? rest her soul but Leia was cute as hell.

That becoming one with the force ? got me salty but I get it. Yoda is so dope you KNOW he's getting a prequel movie. We need to know how Yoda became Yoda. I didn't want Luke to go out like that tho, I wanted to see him pull a Vader in Rogue One and mash ? out.

Kylo and Rey squading up like that was mad dope. I knew Kylo was gonna turn on Snoke after that helmet ? tho and no way was he gonna become a good guy and end all of this that just wouldn't make sense.

I was rolling when Luke finessed Kylo, I can't believe he fell for that ?

The scenery and shots was absolutely amazing, great use of colour. They borrowed some elements from empire strikes back and rogue one and it worked really well.

I like how they deviated a little and moved away from hope and prestige and left it to anything is possible, that's the message I got from the ending especially with the kid and the broom at the end.
    kylo tricked snoke into thinkng he was about to strike rey with his light saber while controlling reys. To be so powerful and knowing kylo every move, how could he not sense he was controlling the other light saber? Kinda wack how he went out.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    star-wars-the-last-jedi-snoke-throne-room-1048384.jpg

The elite praetorian guards were looking deadly. That's a great throne.
  • northside7
    Options
    Angry Star Wars Fans Storm Theater Lobby Over 'The Last Jedi' Sound Problems
    As integral to any narrative, character or visual effect, the sounds of Star Wars are unique and recognizable, with the film's opening title giving goosebumps to anyone who hears it.

Unfortunately, one group of fans at a theater in Burbank, California were denied that experience when a malfunction prevented the sound from playing for the first 20 minutes, resulting in fans storming the lobby with such ferocity that the police had to be called to maintain the peace.

With the event unfolding on opening night, this specific screening was much more heavily-anticipated than an average screening, leading to the passionate anger about the situation from fans.

As the fans hurled obscenities and insults at theater staff, guests were offered a full refund for the incident.

Due to the popularity of the film, not everyone had the luxury of merely checking out another screening and demanded that the film be started over.

It's unclear whether the theater couldn't start the screening over due to technical limitations or if starting the film over would result in complications with subsequent screenings, but the theater refused to accommodate these requests.

https://youtu.be/SaJMiKQx27U
  • northside7
    Options
    That's some hilarious ? right there lol
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,479 Regulator
    Options
    This ? was fire. Definitely better than the last film. Imo this is the most violent Star Wars yet.

i don't know , rogue one seemed more violent to me
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? happened the first 5 minutes of rogue one the audience wasnt having that ? so management gave the whole room free movie passes for any next movie and restarted the film at the part we couldn't hear
  • fortyacres
    edited December 2017
    Options
    lol at disney’fied did yall watch the prequels ?

jvj6gudm75ds.jpeg
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know maybe I should give it another watch.

The visuals were great
    The light speed suicide was great and the fact that Yoda is in it. I think that the red ninjas might be that Jedis that Kylo took with him although it would be dope if there are some out there.

I mentioned this in a past tread but I feel like they short changed Leia. She is Lukes twin so I always thought she could been a beast, instead of her playing the background.

Can we please get a Yoda movie maybe even his own trilogy.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Yooo that phasma actor is brienne of tarth?

Im late as hell
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Funniest part was when Luke told Rey to reach out to feel the force and she stuck her hand out.

Luke rubbing Rey's hand with stalk: "You feel that, you feel that?!
    Rey: “Yes, yes, I feel it!”
    Luke smacks Rey's hand with stalk: "FOH!"
    other funny moments , when Luke milked that sea creature and drank the milk right in reys face that look he had. Lol they turned like into an old self pitying angry ? . I'm surprised they didn't Mae him a ? . Nick nolte could've played his role almost.
    Lol at benicio del Toro studdering like Timmy from south park. Han had golden space dice hanging in his space hooptie (millennium falcon) I always wondered what those shimmering things were in the cockpit back in episode 4
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I wonder how far the fin/rey friendship will go. Smash on Daisey Riddley BTW.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    It won’t go anywhere
    seems like an after thought, it seemed strong in the beginning but forgotten in th 3rd act in favor of setting up love triangles between Poe/Rey/Ben and rose/Finn
  • fortyacres
    Options
    dont know...

Fin loves Rey but Rose loves/infatuated with Fin.

but then the way Rey looked at Poe at the end, im not sure.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Whiteys on YouTube tearin this ? apart saying it’s terrible. Most of the complaints is that it’s “Social Justice Wars” so I take that as basically they feel like they don’t have a white male hero to latch onto.

What sayest thou, IC? Should I catch a matinee on my day off or nah?
  • northside7
    Options
    Whiteys on YouTube tearin this ? apart saying it’s terrible. Most of the complaints is that it’s “Social Justice Wars” so I take that as basically they feel like they don’t have a white male hero to latch onto.

What sayest thou, IC? Should I catch a matinee on my day off or nah?

Go watch it in Imax 3D. It's worth it.
  • northside7
    Options
    It won’t go anywhere
    seems like an after thought, it seemed strong in the beginning but forgotten in th 3rd act in favor of setting up love triangles between Poe/Rey/Ben and rose/Finn
    fortyacres wrote: »
    dont know...

Fin loves Rey but Rose loves/infatuated with Fin.

but then the way Rey looked at Poe at the end, im not sure.

Rey and Kylo seem more brother and sister like. I could see Rey/Poe and Finn/Rose.

I just need Kylo to spill a lot of blood in the next movie.