The Hypocrisy of Abortion and Child Support

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
With the exception of religious folks, most people in America support a woman's right to have an abortion. When a chick goes and has an abortion, people never question it. As a matter of fact some even claim that that the chick is behaving in a responsible manner and rectifying a mistake. We except abortion as a reality of life and would never force a woman to be a mother against her will.

Men on the other hand aren't afforded the same luxury, rights, and esteem. No matter how the guy feels in the matter. He may be forced to become a parent against his will. Suddenly the same arguments made in support of abortion, have no validity concerning men.

Single motherhood is a prime example of women not facing their responsibilities and epitomizes their selfish, hypocritical, and irrational natures. Why in the name of ? would a woman bear children with a man she isn't married too? How is it that a guy isn't good enough to be your husband, but then he's good enough to be the leading male figure in your child's life? What makes you think that if isn't willing to c ommit to you, he's going to all of a sudden turn into Ward Cleaver and be a responsible father? Single mothers think it's a great and wonderful thing to have these kids. They're under the delusion that they're doing to the "right thing." When in actuality women are having these kids either to keep the guy or they're just straight being vindictive. Why bring a child into a world with a guy who doesn't want you other than just to cause misery and discomfort in the next man's life?

Then there's the state sanctioned extortion which is called "child support." I fully support a woman's right to have an abortion. Nobody should be forced to have children they don't want. I also support a man's right not be a father. Some will argue that men have a responsibility to their children. That is a specious argument at best. Follow the logic:

1) Woman have 11 forms of birth control available to them. Men have two.
2) Women make the final decision in whether or not to have sex. If your having sex against your will that's a felony and you have the person arrested.
3) Women UNILATERALLY DECIDE ON WHETHER OR NOT TO CONTINUE WITH THE PREGNANCY!!!

So ladies, with that being stated, how are men responsible for the children THAT YOU DECIDED TO HAVE OF YOU OWN FREE WILL??? Why do I have to subsidize your maternal instincts? Men should only have to pay child support if the children were born in wedlock or if the chick can prove in court that he agreed to financially support the children.

Up until recently, I used to feel like the majority of people, that guys who didn't take care of their kids were scumbags and one of the lowest forms of life. Then I thought about it. If we respect a woman's right not to be a mother, then why don't we support man's right not be a father, have money extorted from him, and be thrown into debtors prison for not capitulating to the extortion.

Here's a link to a guy in Michigan that's fighting to have men have the same reproductive rights as women, http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/03/08/father...index.html If he wins, then women will have be something they rarely ever are, responsible.

Comments

• Fooley
    Fooley Members Posts: 1,467 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    With the exception of religious folks, most people in America support a woman's right to have an abortion. When a chick goes and has an abortion, people never question it. As a matter of fact some even claim that that the chick is behaving in a responsible manner and rectifying a mistake. We except abortion as a reality of life and would never force a woman to be a mother against her will.

Men on the other hand aren't afforded the same luxury, rights, and esteem. No matter how the guy feels in the matter. He may be forced to become a parent against his will. Suddenly the same arguments made in support of abortion, have no validity concerning men.

Single motherhood is a prime example of women not facing their responsibilities and epitomizes their selfish, hypocritical, and irrational natures. Why in the name of ? would a woman bear children with a man she isn't married too? How is it that a guy isn't good enough to be your husband, but then he's good enough to be the leading male figure in your child's life? What makes you think that if isn't willing to c ommit to you, he's going to all of a sudden turn into Ward Cleaver and be a responsible father? Single mothers think it's a great and wonderful thing to have these kids. They're under the delusion that they're doing to the "right thing." When in actuality women are having these kids either to keep the guy or they're just straight being vindictive. Why bring a child into a world with a guy who doesn't want you other than just to cause misery and discomfort in the next man's life?

Then there's the state sanctioned extortion which is called "child support." I fully support a woman's right to have an abortion. Nobody should be forced to have children they don't want. I also support a man's right not be a father. Some will argue that men have a responsibility to their children. That is a specious argument at best. Follow the logic:

2) Women make the final decision in whether or not to have sex. If your having sex against your will that's a felony and you have the person arrested.
    3) Women UNILATERALLY DECIDE ON WHETHER OR NOT TO CONTINUE WITH THE PREGNANCY!!!

So ladies, with that being stated, how are men responsible for the children THAT YOU DECIDED TO HAVE OF YOU OWN FREE WILL??? Why do I have to subsidize your maternal instincts? Men should only have to pay child support if the children were born in wedlock or if the chick can prove in court that he agreed to financially support the children.

Up until recently, I used to feel like the majority of people, that guys who didn't take care of their kids were scumbags and one of the lowest forms of life. Then I thought about it. If we respect a woman's right not to be a mother, then why don't we support man's right not be a father, have money extorted from him, and be thrown into debtors prison for not capitulating to the extortion.

Here's a link to a guy in Michigan that's fighting to have men have the same reproductive rights as women, http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/03/08/father...index.html If he wins, then women will have be something they rarely ever are, responsible.

I been saying this ? . If abortion is legal, child support should be eradicated. I don't agree with what you said about marriage though. Marriage is the dumbest move a man can make. They need to fix that unjust system too.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well the pro-death side is also hypocritical in the fact that they will call Christians out for pushing their "religion" on others but when you show them indisputable SCIENTIFIC evidence that a fetus is a human being and that ending the life of an unborn child is KILLING A HUMAN BEING they come up with a bunch of hypocritical ignoramus excuses. All-the-sudden they begin to argue religion...only they dont call it religion they call it "philosophy" and say ? like, "well thats between her and ? ." GEE thought we werent arguing religion LOL

You are ALL hypocritical. People who are against abortion but wont adopt. People who are against welfare and public school and charters. People who are against abortion but once the child gets here "? EM." The pro-Death side is hypocritical and the pro-life side is hypocritical.

This particular issue is just another in a long line of hypocritical ? beliefs ? hold. We could write a ? Almanac on the hypocrisy of ? in America.
  • Scarface!
    Scarface! Banned Users Posts: 551
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? that "Its the right thing to do" ? .

Abortion is better than bringing a child into the world just to become another ? up in life because it has two ? parents that cant even take care of themselves.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    There is a lot of truth to this T/S, but the pro lifers will come in here and try to crucify you saying this against this and that. When in reality bringing a child into a situation that the odds are stacked against it and they're neglected is just as bad or worse than an abortion
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Scarface! wrote: »

Abortion is better than bringing a child into the world just to become another ? up in life because it has two ? parents that cant even take care of themselves.

One of the trillest post ever quoted.
  • DarcSkies
    edited August 2010
    Options

YEAH! Abortion is just another form of charity!

? the CHILDREN >>> FEED the Children...CUZ IT AINT NO KID TO FEED BIIIOOOTCH! LOL

Stupid ? I swear.
  • digitalgrl87
    digitalgrl87 Members Posts: 498
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i get where your coming from........ but when you have unprotected sex there's always the possibility that a pregnancy could occur... so if you don't want to have to eventually pay child support don't engage in unprotected sex... yea i know women we can just abort the pregnancy relinquishing us of all responsibility, while men have no say after a child is conceived...and you can say that's unfair...but life is unfair. it's ultimately the woman's decision because it's her body and she is the one who has to carry the child to term.

i do think there should be a document you could sign before sex that would relinquish men from all responsibility if is doesn't already exist...i would be for that
  • Scarface!
    Scarface! Banned Users Posts: 551
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    YEAH! Abortion is just another form of charity!

? the CHILDREN >>> FEED the Cdildren...CUZ IT AINT NO KID TO FEED BIIIOOOTCH! LOL

Stupid ? I swear.

lol ok

• DarcSkies
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol ok

Hey Im all for killing babies. Especially white ones. All Im saying is its ? up and the excuses for it are ? .

Dont act like you doing society a favor by killing unborn children ? .

And good thread T/S btw. But a ? will never agree with you.
  • digitalgrl87
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't agree or like the idea of killing an unborn child at all. I don't agree w/ you on child support eitha. But I do feel BOTH a man and a woman should agree on abortion. it shouldn't just be up to the woman. The father should be able to have a say in the situation as well.

so you think that a woman shouldn't be able to abort a pregnancy if the father doesn't want her too?...
  • McGeeAKey
    McGeeAKey Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    abortion is wrong
  • digitalgrl87
    edited August 2010
    Options
    nope, should be both of their choices. tha child belongs to both of them. not just her, i understand the whole she going 9 months but it's still his child as well.

right....but if a woman is not mentally prepared to carry a pregnancy to term should she be forced too if the father wants to keep the baby?
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah, a daddy waiver form should be definitely be avaliable
  • Fooley
    edited August 2010
    Options
    right....but if a woman is not mentally prepared to carry a pregnancy to term should she be forced too if the father wants to keep the baby?

lmao at you. didn't you say life's unfair? Why you ain't using that reasoning in this circumstance ?
  • digitalgrl87
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Fooley wrote: »
    lmao at you. didn't you say life's unfair? Why you ain't using that reasoning in this circumstance ?

forcing a man to pay child support is different than a forcing a woman to have a baby...

and when i said that life is unfair earlier i was referring to the nature of child birth...women really hold all the cards because it's our bodies and our well being that is effected...
  • BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You got her pregnant.

what ever the outcome.
    deal with it.
    boo hoo.
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Moreno.S wrote: »
    You got her pregnant.

what ever the outcome.
    deal with it.
    boo hoo.

It ain't yours and still pay child support? So what then?
  • BabyBugatti
    edited August 2010
    Options
    dnyce215 wrote: »
    It ain't yours and still pay child support? So what then?

sucks for them.
    life aint fair.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I was kinda agreeing with the T/S on certain points. If a woman wants to have a child while the man doesn't then the mother should sign a waver relieving the father of all responsibilities and raise the child on her own.
  • BabyBugatti
    edited August 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    I was kinda agreeing with the T/S on certain points. If a woman wants to have a child while the man doesn't then the mother should sign a waver relieving the father of all responsibilities and raise the child on her own.

its not always a case of the woman wanting a child. might just be the fact that she is not comfortable with killing another innocent human being.:rolleyes: so the baby must be had/
    regardless the father has a responsiblity. foh, waver my ? .
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    its not always a case of the woman wanting a child. might just be the fact that she is not comfortable with killing another innocent human being.:rolleyes: so the baby must be had/
    regardless the father has a responsiblity. foh, waver my ? .

So when women say I can take care of the baby by myself, they dont mean it? If they wanna have a baby then so be it but if the father doesn't want kids why must he be forced to be a dad, when women who dont want kids just have abortions and that's the end of it.
  • Bossmancuddy83
    Bossmancuddy83 Members Posts: 867 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options

This is too real- im going through this right now!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i had a conversation about this and she resorts to the illogical woman ? that they all do when they cant support there argument with facts
  • BabyBugatti
    edited August 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    So when women say I can take care of the baby by myself, they dont mean it? If they wanna have a baby then so be it but if the father doesn't want kids why must he be forced to be a dad, when women who dont want kids just have abortions and that's the end of it.

im sure when they say that its because they CAN, but they shouldnt HAVE to take care of a child alone. it takes 2 to make a baby.
    at the end of the day as i said. you get her pregnant then your responsibilty. now women are fortunate enough to choose if they want the baby or not because they are the one most effected by pregnancy.
    they're the one who carry the baby for 9 months
    their the one who go through 20+ plus hours of labour
    They are the ones who have to breast feed and go through aching nipples
    they are the ones who have to lose all the baby weight and regain a sense of self
    they are the ones who could possible have to deal with post partum depression
    and they are the one who HAVE to be there for atleast 18 years of the kids life.
    they deserve to have that choice.

now would it be NICE for a woman to take account the father view upon whether or not to have this baby? yes
    but it is far from necessary.
  • Fooley
    edited August 2010
    Options
    im sure when they say that its because they CAN, but they shouldnt HAVE to take care of a child alone. it takes 2 to make a baby.
    at the end of the day as i said. you get her pregnant then your responsibilty. now women are fortunate enough to choose if they want the baby or not because they are the one most effected by pregnancy.
    they're the one who carry the baby for 9 months
    their the one who go through 20+ plus hours of labour
    They are the ones who have to breast feed and go through aching nipples
    they are the ones who have to lose all the baby weight and regain a sense of self
    they are the ones who could possible have to deal with post partum depression
    and they are the one who HAVE to be there for atleast 18 years of the kids life.
    they deserve to have that choice.

now would it be NICE for a woman to take account the father view upon whether or not to have this baby? yes
    but it is far from necessary.

if she doesn't want children she should close her legs. As long as abortion is legal, there should be no child support. The bolded is a lie ? give up kids for adoption everyday. It doesn't matter if they have to do all these things anyway. When the child is born men have to give away a percentage of my check. But the explanation of that is, "The rights of the child come first." Same thing in this situation. end of story
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Well the pro-death side is also hypocritical in the fact that they will call Christians out for pushing their "religion" on others but when you show them indisputable SCIENTIFIC evidence that a fetus is a human being and that ending the life of an unborn child is KILLING A HUMAN BEING they come up with a bunch of hypocritical ignoramus excuses.

A human fetus is, obviously, human.

However, it is not a person. As such, it has no legal recourse. Destroying it is simply not murder. It's not even manslaughter. It's simply abortion.

Let's consider how early a pregnancy can be ended. Is it a "death" when a fertilized egg is dislodged and carried out by menstrual blood?

Is it a "death" when a tiny clump of cells is destroyed by a pill?

Do you believe there's some sort of magical property inherent in a fertilized human egg, even at its earliest stage, that negates a person's right to decide not to have a baby?

You might be superstitious, Josh.