Do you have a Top 5

Options
curtis75black
curtis75black Members Posts: 606
edited August 2010 in The Reason
Subject matter in Hip Hop that you're tired of hearing ? Is there 5 subjects you'll like to hear tackled more throughout Hip Hop ?

Comments

• Knomadd
    Knomadd Members Posts: 326
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tired of: bling, cars, hoes, partying, drug dealing

wanna hear: what the government is really doing, how some rappers deal with mental problems (such as Scarface & Budden with depression), stop the violence, pursuit of knowledge, knowledge of self
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    ChuckieInDaMurderAve Members Posts: 1,787 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Don't know if I can think of 5 but...

Tired of: hoes, sex, drinking, partying and love songs.

Want to hear more: more creative hood stories, interesting political views, deep and dark personalities (like the aforementioned mentally insane personality Scarface took in his classic debut album) and also more properly used violence. (I wanna hear crime stories, not "gangsta" rappers bragging about how they ? people, their bling, hoes and ? )
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm tired of the coke rap, trap rap, ghetto rap, hoes, drinking and smoking, partying and making it rain, ghetto pop love songs, wanna be drug kingpins and all the dance move songs.

I want to hear topics like the 90's, I'm not saying that it should sound just like the 90's but, have that feel.
    U had all types of songs and sounds in the 90's u had, West Coast Death Row sound, East Coast Bad Boy sound, Wu-Tang sound, Cypress Hill style, Westside Connection style, Outkast ? South sound, Luke, 69 Boyz, Quad City DJ's and JT Money with the Miami Bass sound, Bone Thugs and Twista with the Midwest tongue twister sound, u had UGK, 8Ball and MJG, u had Three 6 Mafia with the dark rap, u had Bay Area sound, u had Brick City style with Naughty By Nature and their Hip Hop anthems and Redman with his I Don't Give A ? style, u had Busta Rhymes with his All Over The Place style, LL was still fresh, No Limit was a powerhouse in the south, Rap-A-Lot was a powerhouse in the south, Suave House was the hottest indie label other then Luke, u just had something for everybody, everybody wasn't copying the "Hottest Thing" out.

Today everybody copies the hottest record that is out that month and there really isn't a signature style and sound out, Jeezy had that unique sound and style for a minute until everybody started copying that style from Gucci Mane, Plies, Rick Ross, Rocko, Shawty Lo and etc. It got stale after that, Hip Hop needs that type of vibe again, everybody just create their own lane and do their own thing. That's why I like what Kanye, B.o.B., J.Cole, Jay Electronica, Curren$y and Vado are doing. They making their own lane and sticking to it and they are creating some nice music that I like to listen 2.
  • BootyButterPi
    BootyButterPi Members Posts: 1,436 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Eminem
    canibus
    chino xl
    e-40
    devin the dude.

pac and big dont count, like, i wont say lil kim in my top 5 female emcee's.

sometimes people beyond a list.

pi.
  • checkyourhead
    checkyourhead Members Posts: 177
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i just wanna hear rappers rapping more about themselves
  • checkyourhead
    checkyourhead Members Posts: 177
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Eminem
    canibus
    chino xl
    e-40
    devin the dude.

pac and big dont count, like, i wont say lil kim in my top 5 female emcee's.

sometimes people beyond a list.

pi.

lol @ you not reading beyond the thread title
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    good thread...
  • Aztec_Kang
    Aztec_Kang Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    self destructive rap
    fake ? rap
    i got so much money rap
    ignorant rap
  • curtis75black
    curtis75black Members Posts: 606
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Chalee_Boi wrote: »
    Yall know damn well if a rapper rapped about paying parking tickets, taking care of his kids, going to the gym, visting his moms at the nursing home, food, or any other ? like that...yall would be bored. lol

Might be but with all the negative attention given to Hip Hop today talking about not enough classics or just plain wack music, it has to be the subject matter that's ruining it. I myself like it when the artist is just spittin about normal ? . Not necessarily what you mentioned but act like you are a man who's not invincible to the BS out here. The constant frontin' is what's wack. Luckily I always find those who don't go there too often. When emcees was putting themselves in the stories of wack contracts, Industry Bs or just dealing with family and health issues which alot has...it makes them more relatable that just talking about the stacks that piling up.